Anthony Vapes: Uwell Ironfist Kit Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the uwell Iron Fist Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links.

Introduction:
The Uwell Iron Fist Kit is a kit that contains their latest mod the Iron fist, paired with their crown 3 tank. The Iron Fist is a dual 18650 mod rated at 200 watts and is their first dual battery mod and their 2nd mod overall with the nunchaku being the first. Uwell is mostly known for their tanks especially the crown series which is extremely popular and the included crown 3 tank is the best of the series and one of the top tanks that came out in 2017 and still holds up well to this day. Elementvape is selling the kit for 57.99 which is pretty cheap considering the tank itself sells for around 20-25 USD puting the mod cost at around 35 USD. It’s available in 8 colors each with a matching tank of sorts so i’ll give you a rundown of each one. All the mods have a black top, black leather (3 different kinds), and black buttons which makes the black tanks match.

• White and crocodile leather with black tank and black/gold drip tip
  • Black and snakeskin leather with black tank and black/green drip tip
  • Red and crocodile leather with black tank and black/red drip tip
  • Green and crocodile leather with Rainbow tank and black/green drip tip
  • Orange and pearl leather with black tank and black/orange drip tip
  • Lemon Yellow and pearl leather with black tank and black/yellow drip tip
  • Sapphire blue and snakeskin leather with sapphire blue tank and black/blue drip tip
  • Purple and snakeskin leather with purple tank and black/purple drip tip
Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-210W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.5-8.2V
  • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
  • Ni200, Titanium, and 316 Stainless Steel Compatibility
  • TCR Adjustments
  • BYPASS Mode
  • Superior Zinc Alloy Construction
  • High-Quality Textured Leather Inlay - Crocodile, Snakeskin, Pearl
  • Ergonomic Contour Grip
  • Modernized Design - Soft Curvature Contour
  • Intuitive 0.91" OLED Display
  • Oversized Firing Button
  • Hinged Battery Door Cover
  • Micro USB Port
  • 510 Connection
  • Available in Black, White, Red, Purple, Sapphire Blue, Green, Orange, Lemon Yellow
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • 24.5mm Tank Diameter
  • 5mL Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Quartz Glass Reinforcement
  • Crown III Parallel Coil Design
  • Plug-Pull Replacement Mechanism
  • 0.25ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 80-90W
  • 0.5ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 70-80W
  • Anti-Leak Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • Precision Dual Auxiliary Adjustable Airflow
  • Wide Bore Drip Tip - Vibrant Colorways
  • 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1×IRONFIST mod
  • 1×CROWN Ⅲ atomizer
  • 1×Extra quartz glass
  • 1×0.25Ω coil ( installed)
  • 1×0.4Ω coil
  • 1×pack of replacement O-rings
  • 1×Micro USB cable
  • 1×User's manual
  • 1×Crown key
  • 1×Drip tip cover (to cover the drip tip when it is not used)
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the size and shape and weight of the mod. It’s a little longer but a little shorter than a polar fo example and feels really good in the hands. Very comfy shape much like a lost vape therion or the paranormal but a little smaller. One thing that caught my eye immediately i’ll probably praise a few times throughout this review is it has an on/off switch. I wish more mods did. The last one i remember was the tesla nano 120 which is over a year old now. The switch is on the bottom so doesn't stick out but makes it easy to turn on and off at any time. Overall pretty impressed from the start with this mod

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Testing resistances were done at .11, .14, .19, and .62 ohms. wattage points were max (200), 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 195 watts and 42 amps. For the rest of the testing it was a little on the low side 2-5 watts for 75 or more, and 3-4 watts high at 50 or less. Really accurate at such a low resistance where many mods struggle At .15 it maxed out at 206 watts. The rest were pretty good hitting slightly high across the board, it was 2-6 watts high. For the .2 test it maxed out at 203 watts. Again pretty good but a little on the high side. For 150 or more it was 3-7 watts high but under 150 2-5 watts high. For the .62 testing it maxed out at 98 watts and 7.784 volts. For the rest of the testing 4-8 watts high. The volts shows there is no boost circuit in this mod like most dual battery mods on the market however the 7.784 was very high for a non boost circuit mod. I believe the highest i’ve come across personally for that test.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was really good. It didn’t really struggle with the .11 ohm build which was surprising I was able to get 195 watts at that resistance.Once you get to .15 ohms or more it hits a little high so remember to adjust accordingly and start a few watts lower then you normally would. I was able to get 206 watts max, so I consider it to be accurately rated at 200 watts, even a little underrated. The 7.784 volt limit shows there is no boost circuit. Their site lists the max Volts at 8.2V implying no boost circuit which is correct and the 7.784 i got with a .6 ohm coil was close. Going with a higher ohm build could get me even closer to that 8.2 I consider it slightly overrated there but not enough to complain about it. They do not list an amp limit on this mod. The most i got was 42 with a .11 ohm coil but it could have been capped off by the watts as well. It’s possible it could have gotten even more but the 42 is already above average for a dual battery 18650 mod where the average is around 40. The mod never got warm when stressing it at 150+ watts and handles it very well.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is really good. Mostly hits just a few watts off on the high side at .15 ohm or higher, Hits a little weak with a .12 ohm coil. Accurately rated for watts (206), No boost circuit, above average amp limit of 42. Volts tested at 7.784 so no boost circuit but close to the 8.2V listed. Also impressive you can get 195 or more watts from a .11 to a .2 ohm coil.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire in SS mode (there is no TCR mode or adjustments. The specs state there is however the manual doesn't say it and i tried all the possible button combinations i could think of and there doesn’t seem to be a way to do it), I tested 6 builds. 1 simple round spaced single, 1 simple round spaced dual, 2 large fancy single coils builds, and 2 large fancy dual coil builds. The mod uses an “auto watts” and doesn't have adjustable wattage in TC either. It’s very basic as you just set the mode to TC, put on an atomizer and hit plus for new coil to lock it in. With that said the performance is actually pretty decent but varies a lot from build to build. Some builds worked great and felt accurately warm around the 460F mark while others required the use of 510F to get the same vape (big dual coils). The ramp up is a bit inconsistent and ranges from slow to normal. No way to get a fast ramp up really either. The dry hit protection is really good though and the throttle is nice and smooth. It’s a tough one to call, once you get the temp dialed in it works well with no fickleness and it does vape well but the lack of options hurts it too. It’s a big step up from the nunchaku for sure so they are going in the right direction. Overall i consider it decent. Not something i’d recommend for TC but can vape well in it. I hope their next mod continues in the same direction and improves on this one.

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses an actual on/off switch located on the bottom to turn on and off. I absolutely love that. The menu system is basic but does the job. Not a ton of options on it but no complaints. You use 3 clicks to enter the menu mode which makes the mode on the bottom flash. Then you use up and down to cycle to the mode you want and press fire to accept. That is literally it for this mod. It has Power, Ni, Ti, SS, and mech (bypass) mode. No TCr, No preheat or watt curve or anything. As i said it’s a simple mod. Holding fire and minus will flip the screen and holding plus and minus will lock the device (no adjustments or firing) would have been better to just be a lock for adjustments where you can still fire since it has an off switch. The Uwell Iron fist also ha a cool feature where when your batteries are low and it can't supply the set wattage it’ll lower the wattage to what it can supply on the screen so you know what you are getting compared to most mods that would just hit weak. The mod also adjusts by full watt which is great. I wish all mods did that. It also round robbins which is very nice and i wish all mods did that. The mod itself is build solid with no rattle at all, and has a good weight. Feels solid but not heavy. The Battery door is a standard bottom loading latch just like the lost vape paranormal. It closes easily with no play on it, and It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes 2 18650 batteries.

The paint looks nice and doesn't scratch off, and i have no visible wear. I love the coloring on the green one. It’s not the odd lime green we see a lot but more of a grass green. The leather feels nice as well. The crocodile one i have is a mixture of shiny scales and matte spots between them. Looks and feels great. The fire button is nice and clicky and a good size. It’s a black smooth concave rectangle. It works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The mod handles 25mm atomizer flush. Anything bigger will overhang. The screen is a good size .96 inch black and white screen that is nice and bright and easy to see. Even in sunlight it’s pretty visible. Also for branding the mod itself is pretty nice overall and not heavily branded. There is a small ironfist logo on the top and a barely visible uwell on the side that you can only see in the right lighting and doesn't take away from the mod at all. They list 2 amp balanced charging as well but i don’t recommend charging internally in your mods.

Crown 3 tank
The kit comes with a crown 3 tank. I’m not going to talk too much about it. I reviewed it about a year ago, but it’s still a great tank and probably the best tank available in a kit version with a mod on the market currently. I personally purchased 2 myself last year. I recommend using the .25 ohm coils over the .5 ohm coils personally but the .5 ohm are great for series PWM mods. They also have the .4 ohm coil that wasn’t out when i reviewed it for lower watt needs. The coils don’t work in TC so don’t bother due to Ni200 legs on their .25 and .5 ohm SS coils. They also released new colors since my review in the purple and sapphire blue. The drip tips are pretty awesome too. 510 tips i purchased 1 in every color. It’s a great tank one of the best of 2017 and still holds up in 2018. While I do prefer many of the 2018 tanks to it, it’s much better than a lot of the tanks that normally come in kits so this is a case where getting the kit version is a great idea

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • tons of color options with matching tank
  • Very comfy ergonomics
  • nice leather
  • Power mode performance
  • Accurately rated for watts
  • high amp limit
  • on/off switch
  • simple menu
  • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
  • full watt adjustment
  • close to accurately rated for volts
  • included tank is excellent. One of the best tanks included in a kit
  • good size screen
Cons:
  • temp mode performance could be better but it’s not terrible
  • lack of options (no TCR, no preheat, no watt curve)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do the yes or no, but for this I will have to lean pretty heavy towards the yes. WHile the mod may not have all the fancy features of a large color screen and watt curves it’s a great performing power mode mod that’s built well has the rare on/off switch and comes with an excellent tank. I think it’s a much better option personally then many of the other kits on the market when you factor in the tank as well and at 58 bucks on elementvape since the crown 3 still sells for 20-25 bucks alone the mod is basically costing about 30-35 bucks which is a great price. I’ll be adding this to my sheet for sure.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product link for 57.95 Uwell Ironfist 200W & Crown 3 Starter Kit | Vape Kits

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Elementvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Uwell Iron Fist Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links.

Introduction:
    The Uwell Iron Fist Kit is a kit that contains their latest mod the Iron fist, paired with their crown 3 tank. The Iron Fist is a dual 18650 mod rated at 200 watts and is their first dual battery mod and their 2nd mod overall with the nunchaku being the first. Uwell is mostly known for their tanks especially the crown series which is extremely popular and the included crown 3 tank is the best of the series and one of the top tanks that came out in 2017 and still holds up well to this day. Elementvape is selling the kit for 57.99 which is pretty cheap considering the tank itself sells for around 20-25 USD puting the mod cost at around 35 USD. It’s available in 8 colors each with a matching tank of sorts so i’ll give you a rundown of each one. All the mods have a black top, black leather (3 different kinds), and black buttons which makes the black tanks match.

• White and crocodile leather with black tank and black/gold drip tip
    • Black and snakeskin leather with black tank and black/green drip tip
    • Red and crocodile leather with black tank and black/red drip tip
    • Green and crocodile leather with Rainbow tank and black/green drip tip
    • Orange and pearl leather with black tank and black/orange drip tip
    • Lemon Yellow and pearl leather with black tank and black/yellow drip tip
    • Sapphire blue and snakeskin leather with sapphire blue tank and black/blue drip tip
    • Purple and snakeskin leather with purple tank and black/purple drip tip
    Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
    • Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
    • Wattage Output Range: 5-210W
    • Voltage Output Range: 0.5-8.2V
    • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
    • Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
    • Ni200, Titanium, and 316 Stainless Steel Compatibility
    • TCR Adjustments
    • BYPASS Mode
    • Superior Zinc Alloy Construction
    • High-Quality Textured Leather Inlay - Crocodile, Snakeskin, Pearl
    • Ergonomic Contour Grip
    • Modernized Design - Soft Curvature Contour
    • Intuitive 0.91" OLED Display
    • Oversized Firing Button
    • Hinged Battery Door Cover
    • Micro USB Port
    • 510 Connection
    • Available in Black, White, Red, Purple, Sapphire Blue, Green, Orange, Lemon Yellow
    Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
    • 24.5mm Tank Diameter
    • 5mL Juice Capacity
    • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
    • Quartz Glass Reinforcement
    • Crown III Parallel Coil Design
    • Plug-Pull Replacement Mechanism
    • 0.25ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 80-90W
    • 0.5ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 70-80W
    • Anti-Leak Threaded Top-Fill Method
    • Precision Dual Auxiliary Adjustable Airflow
    • Wide Bore Drip Tip - Vibrant Colorways
    • 510 Connection
    Included in box:
    • 1×IRONFIST mod
    • 1×CROWN Ⅲ atomizer
    • 1×Extra quartz glass
    • 1×0.25Ω coil ( installed)
    • 1×0.4Ω coil
    • 1×pack of replacement O-rings
    • 1×Micro USB cable
    • 1×User's manual
    • 1×Crown key
    • 1×Drip tip cover (to cover the drip tip when it is not used)
    Picture Album
    album

Initial Impressions and features
    When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the size and shape and weight of the mod. It’s a little longer but a little shorter than a polar fo example and feels really good in the hands. Very comfy shape much like a lost vape therion or the paranormal but a little smaller. One thing that caught my eye immediately i’ll probably praise a few times throughout this review is it has an on/off switch. I wish more mods did. The last one i remember was the tesla nano 120 which is over a year old now. The switch is on the bottom so doesn't stick out but makes it easy to turn on and off at any time. Overall pretty impressed from the start with this mod

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
    Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Testing resistances were done at .11, .14, .19, and .62 ohms. wattage points were max (200), 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 195 watts and 42 amps. For the rest of the testing it was a little on the low side 2-5 watts for 75 or more, and 3-4 watts high at 50 or less. Really accurate at such a low resistance where many mods struggle At .15 it maxed out at 206 watts. The rest were pretty good hitting slightly high across the board, it was 2-6 watts high. For the .2 test it maxed out at 203 watts. Again pretty good but a little on the high side. For 150 or more it was 3-7 watts high but under 150 2-5 watts high. For the .62 testing it maxed out at 98 watts and 7.784 volts. For the rest of the testing 4-8 watts high. The volts shows there is no boost circuit in this mod like most dual battery mods on the market however the 7.784 was very high for a non boost circuit mod. I believe the highest i’ve come across personally for that test.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was really good. It didn’t really struggle with the .11 ohm build which was surprising I was able to get 195 watts at that resistance.Once you get to .15 ohms or more it hits a little high so remember to adjust accordingly and start a few watts lower then you normally would. I was able to get 206 watts max, so I consider it to be accurately rated at 200 watts, even a little underrated. The 7.784 volt limit shows there is no boost circuit. Their site lists the max Volts at 8.2V implying no boost circuit which is correct and the 7.784 i got with a .6 ohm coil was close. Going with a higher ohm build could get me even closer to that 8.2 I consider it slightly overrated there but not enough to complain about it. They do not list an amp limit on this mod. The most i got was 42 with a .11 ohm coil but it could have been capped off by the watts as well. It’s possible it could have gotten even more but the 42 is already above average for a dual battery 18650 mod where the average is around 40. The mod never got warm when stressing it at 150+ watts and handles it very well.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
    Mod performance is really good. Mostly hits just a few watts off on the high side at .15 ohm or higher, Hits a little weak with a .12 ohm coil. Accurately rated for watts (206), No boost circuit, above average amp limit of 42. Volts tested at 7.784 so no boost circuit but close to the 8.2V listed. Also impressive you can get 195 or more watts from a .11 to a .2 ohm coil.

Temperature Control Performance
    Using SS316 wire in SS mode (there is no TCR mode or adjustments. The specs state there is however the manual doesn't say it and i tried all the possible button combinations i could think of and there doesn’t seem to be a way to do it), I tested 6 builds. 1 simple round spaced single, 1 simple round spaced dual, 2 large fancy single coils builds, and 2 large fancy dual coil builds. The mod uses an “auto watts” and doesn't have adjustable wattage in TC either. It’s very basic as you just set the mode to TC, put on an atomizer and hit plus for new coil to lock it in. With that said the performance is actually pretty decent but varies a lot from build to build. Some builds worked great and felt accurately warm around the 460F mark while others required the use of 510F to get the same vape (big dual coils). The ramp up is a bit inconsistent and ranges from slow to normal. No way to get a fast ramp up really either. The dry hit protection is really good though and the throttle is nice and smooth. It’s a tough one to call, once you get the temp dialed in it works well with no fickleness and it does vape well but the lack of options hurts it too. It’s a big step up from the nunchaku for sure so they are going in the right direction. Overall i consider it decent. Not something i’d recommend for TC but can vape well in it. I hope their next mod continues in the same direction and improves on this one.

Other Usage Notes
    The mod uses an actual on/off switch located on the bottom to turn on and off. I absolutely love that. The menu system is basic but does the job. Not a ton of options on it but no complaints. You use 3 clicks to enter the menu mode which makes the mode on the bottom flash. Then you use up and down to cycle to the mode you want and press fire to accept. That is literally it for this mod. It has Power, Ni, Ti, SS, and mech (bypass) mode. No TCr, No preheat or watt curve or anything. As i said it’s a simple mod. Holding fire and minus will flip the screen and holding plus and minus will lock the device (no adjustments or firing) would have been better to just be a lock for adjustments where you can still fire since it has an off switch. The Uwell Iron fist also ha a cool feature where when your batteries are low and it can't supply the set wattage it’ll lower the wattage to what it can supply on the screen so you know what you are getting compared to most mods that would just hit weak. The mod also adjusts by full watt which is great. I wish all mods did that. It also round robbins which is very nice and i wish all mods did that. The mod itself is build solid with no rattle at all, and has a good weight. Feels solid but not heavy. The Battery door is a standard bottom loading latch just like the lost vape paranormal. It closes easily with no play on it, and It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes 2 18650 batteries.

The paint looks nice and doesn't scratch off, and i have no visible wear. I love the coloring on the green one. It’s not the odd lime green we see a lot but more of a grass green. The leather feels nice as well. The crocodile one i have is a mixture of shiny scales and matte spots between them. Looks and feels great. The fire button is nice and clicky and a good size. It’s a black smooth concave rectangle. It works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The mod handles 25mm atomizer flush. Anything bigger will overhang. The screen is a good size .96 inch black and white screen that is nice and bright and easy to see. Even in sunlight it’s pretty visible. Also for branding the mod itself is pretty nice overall and not heavily branded. There is a small ironfist logo on the top and a barely visible uwell on the side that you can only see in the right lighting and doesn't take away from the mod at all. They list 2 amp balanced charging as well but i don’t recommend charging internally in your mods.

Crown 3 tank
    The kit comes with a crown 3 tank. I’m not going to talk too much about it. I reviewed it about a year ago, but it’s still a great tank and probably the best tank available in a kit version with a mod on the market currently. I personally purchased 2 myself last year. I recommend using the .25 ohm coils over the .5 ohm coils personally but the .5 ohm are great for series PWM mods. They also have the .4 ohm coil that wasn’t out when i reviewed it for lower watt needs. The coils don’t work in TC so don’t bother due to Ni200 legs on their .25 and .5 ohm SS coils. They also released new colors since my review in the purple and sapphire blue. The drip tips are pretty awesome too. 510 tips i purchased 1 in every color. It’s a great tank one of the best of 2017 and still holds up in 2018. While I do prefer many of the 2018 tanks to it, it’s much better than a lot of the tanks that normally come in kits so this is a case where getting the kit version is a great idea

Pros:
    • Build Quality
    • tons of color options with matching tank
    • Very comfy ergonomics
    • nice leather
    • Power mode performance
    • Accurately rated for watts
    • high amp limit
    • on/off switch
    • simple menu
    • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
    • full watt adjustment
    • close to accurately rated for volts
    • included tank is excellent. One of the best tanks included in a kit
    • good size screen
    Cons:
    • temp mode performance could be better but it’s not terrible
    • lack of options (no TCR, no preheat, no watt curve)
    Conclusion
    So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do the yes or no, but for this I will have to lean pretty heavy towards the yes. WHile the mod may not have all the fancy features of a large color screen and watt curves it’s a great performing power mode mod that’s built well has the rare on/off switch and comes with an excellent tank. I think it’s a much better option personally then many of the other kits on the market when you factor in the tank as well and at 58 bucks on elementvape since the crown 3 still sells for 20-25 bucks alone the mod is basically costing about 30-35 bucks which is a great price. I’ll be adding this to my sheet for sure.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product link for 57.95 Uwell Ironfist 200W & Crown 3 Starter Kit | Vape Kits

Product Disclaimer
    This product was sent to me from Elementvape

Review Disclaimer
    Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
    I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
    written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here
    Great review Ant , as always.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread