Anthony Vapes: Vandy Vape Pyro V3 RDTA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vandy vape Pyro V3 RDTA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Vandy Vape Pyro V3 RDTA is the latest RDTA from popular vape manufacturer Vandy Vape. Vandy Vape started in 2017 and since then have become very popular and pumped out a ton of products. I’ve reviewed over 20 of their products over the past year or so personally and they are pretty hit and miss overall making some really good stuff and also some really bad stuff. It’s basically a coin flip at this point. In 2019 they have continued to be hit and miss so far releasing a really good rugged mod in the jackaroo,a good lightweight power mode mod in the swell, a good MTL RTA in the berserker V1.5 mini, and a good affordable mech tube in the bonza. However they had their missteps with the AP kit, pairing the bonza mech with an unsuitable RDA, and a bad tank with the jackaroo, and a bad trident kit due to the pairing and coils, the bad berserker V2 RDA and of course the really awful kylin m RTA that shouldn’t have existed. So let's see which side of the fence this falls on. The Pyro V3 is a dual coil or single coil RDTA for DTL vaping and is 24mm at the base with a postless deck and a 2ml capacity. It’s available in 7 colors Matte Black, SS, Gold, Gun Metal, Blue, Rainbow, and Frosted Grey. looking around online i see it in the 30-40 dollar price range. Mostly out of china and preorder only set to release early october.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Size: 37mm x 24mm
  • Colors: Matte Black, SS, Gold, Gun Metal, Blue, Rainbow, Frosted Grey
  • 2ML E-Juice Capacity
  • All Parts Detachable And Reassembled
  • Single Coil Or Dual Coils Builds
  • 18PCS Honeycomb Airflow Holes
  • Advanced Airflow Intake System
  • Enhanced Bottom Airflow Design
  • Optimized Filling Structure
  • Squonk Pin Installed
  • Coil Lead Guide Included
  • Wide-bore 810 Resin Drip Tip Included
Included in box:
  • 1 x Pyro V3 RDTA
  • 2 x .33 Ohm Fused Clapton Coils
  • 1 x Coil Lead Guide
  • 1 x Squonk Pin
  • 1 x Pyrex Glass Tube
  • 1 x Spare Parts Bag
  • 1 x User Manual
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDTA I was pretty happy to see it. Hasn’t been a lot of rebuildables being made and even at ECC nobody was really making them. Especially RDTAs. I can only think of 2 in the past year, 1 of which was the pyro V2 which was bad so I was hoping this was a big improvement and the other being the wotofo faris which was good but nothing amazing. Outside of that this had a squonk pin, postless deck, and bottom/side airflow so I didn’t have much bad to think about it from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a basic Postless deck. The post holes are nice and large to accommodate any wire type you’d use in this really. The post screws are nice quality flat head/Phillips head combo screws and they include a spare set of 4 as well. I wish they had a hex option which are my favorite but not a big deal, so I can't complain. Just a preference thing. The screws come in from the side in a way that flat wires like fused claptons won’t be bent when installing. Since it is postless you do need to precut your leads. Thankfully this RDTA comes with a coil lead cutting tool which is marked at 6mm leads, which I found to work good so good job there with the tool and the marking. The build area is a good size but not overly large. If you go single coil there is plenty of room to fit a 4mm ID coil however as a dual coil RDTA 3mm ID coils give a little space and are a good size with a thicker fancy wire, but with round wire 3.5mm ID is good. Both are good sized builds for the amount of air. Overall it’s an excellent deck that’s easy to build on and one of my personal favorite types of decks, but may not be ideal for new builders because postless decks aren’t always the easiest to build on since you have to pre-cut your leads but the included tool makes that a lot easier.

Wicking on this one is super easy. It wicks pretty well so you don’t need to go super thin on your wicks. Just a normal amount. It’s a RDTA so you can either cut your cotton to the bottom or just go short like I do personally and drop it in the large wick holes.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RDTA and a dual coil RDTA. I ran 4 builds in it. 1 single coil 4mm ID round wire build, 1 single coil 4mm ID fancy build, 1 dual coil fancy 3mm ID build, and 1 dual coil 3.5mm ID round wire build. As a dual coil RDTA I found it worked really well flavorwise especially with the fancy wires of course. As good as many of the dual coil RDAs on the market in a medium watt range. Great intensity and very little muting. As a single coiler with the fancy coil it also performed well. Not as good as the top single coil RDAs but better than most that have been offered in the past year. Of course this is an RDTA though and it’s way better than the pyro V2 and better then the faris which are the only 2 I seen released in the last year making it easily the top RDTA on the market. Very happy with the performance overall.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a Bottom and side Airflow RDTA with 12 small sized round holes on each side for the side airflow and 6 small sized round holes that goes into a bottom airflow in a “T” shaped design similar to the drop RDA. It’s a solid DTL vape fully open, not restricted but not super airy good for medium watt ranges like 60-100 roughly. The AFC however locks into place and is easy to adjust by spinning the top cap but doesn’t offer meaningful adjustment because it closes off from the side and will turn off the bottom air before the side air. They should have made it close off the side air only so you can go bottom only more restricted or less restricted bottom and side. Really my only design complaint from the RDTA. Not a big deal for me as I like it fully open, but could have made it way better as a single coiler.

The fill method is quite nice on this as well. It does come with a squonk pin so you can use that to fill the tank if you squonk or if you want to fill it without squonking, the top cap itself seals off the fill holes so just remove the top cap and you have 2 good sized round holes to fill with any bottle type. You can’t pour in form a glass bottle though but any twist top or fine tip bottle works great. No complaints there. Like most RDTAs though you can't drip in it, you just want to fill up the tank. There is no reservoir since it’s closed off and dripping will just go into the airflow with no way for the juice to get out until it leaks. You could pop the top to paint coils carefully if you wanted to though, but kind of pointless.

There is a good amount of accessories that come with it, It sadly only comes with 1 drip tip though which is a resin 810 tip. It looks nice but I wish they would have included a 2nd tip. It fits good though and pretty much any 810 tip should fit well in this RDTA. It also comes with a 510 tip adapter. It only comes in 1 size glass which is 2ml but they include a spare, it’s a low capacity if you aren’t squonking for a dual coiler. There is plenty of spare o-rings, 4 spare post screws 2 spare deck screws, a solid positive pin and a squonk pin, a screw driver and an allen wrench. They also include the coil lead cutting tool which is marked correctly. They include 2 fused clapton coils which are nicely and clearly labeled so good job there. They are ni80 26gx2+35g, 2.8mm ID, .33 ohms, 6 wraps. Would have been nice if they threw some cotton as well but not a big deal.

The quality of the Vandy Vape Pyro V3 RDTA is good. I have no complaints quality wise. All the threading is really nice and smooth, AFC is easy to adjust even if meaningless, the drip tip fits great, the top cap is easy to get on and off and fits well. Just a really nicely made atomizer. Easy to take apart as well and the coloring looks nice. It’s a 24mm diameter RDTA so it should fit easily on most mods. The 2ml capacity is a little on the small side. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one since it’s an RDTA. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping really good as well. Branding is nice and simple. Just the word pyro engraved in a matching color on one side of the top cap between the airflows.

Pros:
  • Good Build Quality
  • good quality post screws
  • large fill holes
  • Excellent threading
  • nice easy to build and wick postless deck
  • Versatile enough that it can be used as a dual or single coil RDTA
  • standard 810 tip and included one is nice
  • Flavor is top notch for an available dual coil RDTA
  • can be squonked to fill or filled like a tank
  • pair of coils included and nicely labeled
  • full set of spare post screws
  • included coil lead cutting tool
  • AFC is easy to adjust
Cons:
  • Postless decks aren't really beginner friendly
  • Only 1 drip tip included
  • AFC design makes it pointless to try and close it off
  • 2ml capacity only is a bit small so best used as a squonker
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDTA? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one I have to lean pretty hard towards the yes. Vandy vape really nailed this one after the bad Pyro V2 and with the lack of RDTAs on the market, it’s easily the best one available. If you are in the market for a new RDTA this is the one to get. I added this to my sheet of recommendations you can see linked down below. Feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything new.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vandy Vape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread