Anthony Vapes: Vandy Vape Revolver RTA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Vandy vape Revolver rta. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Revolver rta is the latest single coil RTA from Very Popular Manufacturer Vandy Vape. The revolver boasts a new internal airflow adjustment allowing you to rotate a wheel to change the air under the coil which is pretty innovative. I’ve seen inserts before but never a wheel you can spin so props to that and hence why it’s named the revolver as you spin that wheel like you would the barrel of a revolver. It’s a standard 3ml capacity RTA but they include a bubble glass for a large 5ml capacity as well. It’s available in 4 colors Black, SS, Rainbow, and Gold and priced at 29.95 on elementvape

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 25mm Base Diameter
  • 28mm At Widest Point
  • 3mL Standard Juice Capacity
  • 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity - Bulb Glass Extension
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Unique T-Post Design - Clamp Securement
  • Top-Secured via Phillips Flathead Screws
  • Single Coil Configuration
  • Dual External Large Air Slots - Fully Adjustable
  • Dynamic Revolving Internal Airflow
  • Three Types of Internal Airflow - Dual Air Tubes, Triple Air Tubes, Honeycomb
  • Fully Adjustable via Slotted Screw
  • White Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • Black Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Silver, Black, Gold, Rainbow
Included in box:
  • 1 Revolver RTA
  • 1 Extra Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 1 Spare 5ml bubble Glass Tube
  • 1 Accessory Bag
  • 1 Instructional Manual
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty impressed with the rotating air design. It was something different i haven't seen before and an actual practical upgrade from devices that used air inserts like the cthulhu hastur RTA. Outside of that it’s a pretty standard single coil DTL RTA designwise. The quality was all nice and there wasn’t any machine oil present but as always i took it apart and cleaned it off first and it was easy to take apart. My one complaint was the fill hole portion is really thin and smooth so you need a pair of pliers where you insert them into the fill holes while open to twist. That should have been made a little bigger with some knurling. Outside of that I was pretty happy overall with it from the start

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. For anyone who read my review of the Crius 2 which was one of my favorite single coil RTAs it’s the same exact deck. They use a single non conductive clamp with a positive nub and a negative nub and a single screw. You just open the clamp slide in your leads and screw down. I love the deck just like I did for the crius. It’s a great design that’s easy to build on, but not anything new anymore. Only complaint is i would have liked it to be staggered but that’s a minor complaint for sure. The post screw is a phillips combo flathead that is good enough quality. No complaints there. I really like the deck and it’s super easy to build on.

Wicking on this one is a little tricky. There is no JFC on it and it’s not a very efficient wicker. The deck is slightly raised not GTA style but slightly and the wick holes are a good size. You really need to thin out your leads a lot on this one or it’ll lead to vapor lock. Go really thin on the wicks and drop them in the hole leaving room on both sides of the wick ends and it’ll wick just fine but use too much and you’ll have to unscrew the top to make it wick.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only. I ran 4 builds in this. The 3 pictured above as well as a 24G SS simple round contact build. All Builds 3mm-4mm ID. I used all the airflow options on all the builds. You can't change it with a full tank however you can change it without removing the build easily thanks to using the screw to turn the dial. 4MM still has room to spare but worked the best. I can probably go bigger if you wanted but going smaller wasn’t as good. For the air, it’s really a DTL draw and very airy. Even on the least amount of air setting (the honeycomb one) it was very airy similar to the kylin mini RTA. Overall I found it performs very well with the right build and settings. Above average flavor but really needs a big build. I recommend using fancy builds 4mm ID with the honeycomb air for best performance but it’s right up there with the other good single coil RTAs that need a huge build. It’s not for low watts i’d suggest building a minimum of 50 watt builds on this RTA.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA with 2 holes (1 on each side) that you can adjust from the outside like many RTAs, The main draw of this device is the internal air adjustment. you can change the air inside at the coil by turning the barrel via a small flathead screw to change between 2 horizontal holes, 3 vertical holes, or a honeycomb design. You don’t need to remove your build to do this but you do need an empty tank as you need to take it apart to access the screw. It’s a nice design and pretty innovative however i feel the 2 hole and 3 hole are too much air for a single coil RTA. the honeycomb works well though and was my favorite to use combined with a large build.

It has a standard top fill where you unscrew the top cap to expose the 2 large fill holes that can be filled with any type of bottle or even just pour it in. There is some slight knurling on the top cap and it’s good enough to easily grip and unscrew to fill. It’s really smooth threading as well. Only complaint is taking it apart for cleaning unscrewing the top fill portion is thin with nothing to grip so you really need to use the plier technique i described above.

There is also a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with 2 standard 810 drip tips, a clear PMMA one plus and extra black delrin one as well. It also includes a 510 adapter as well. You can use your own too but I like the clear one it comes with. It comes with a standard 3ml tank and a 5ml bubble tank. Both are glass. Plenty of extra o-rings and post screws as well. 1 coil, (clearly labeled as a kanthal fused clapton 24G core, 2 cores, wrapped with 32G, 3mm ID, 6 wraps, .3 ohms, recommended power 50-60 watts) but no cotton. Still kudos to them for the clearly labeled coil and it being a good size for what the RTA needs.

The quality on the Vandy Vape Revolver RTA is excellent. All the threading is really nice and smooth. It’s a 25mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out if you don’t use the bubble glass. 28mm wide with the bubble glass at its widest point. The 3ml capacity is decent for a single coil RTA but the included 5ml bubble glass makes it excellent. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well as long as you wick lightly. Branding is nice and simple. Nothing on the outside and just “revolver” on the chamber inside the glass on one side and the vandy vape logo on the other side. It’s a classy and simple looking RTA.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • color Options
  • 2 Standard 810 tips included plus 510 adapter
  • good quality post screws (phillips/flat combo)
  • price point (under 30 bucks)
  • large fill holes
  • great threading
  • nice easy to build and wick deck
  • excellent 3 or 5 ml capacity
  • plenty of spare accessories
  • included bubble glass
  • cool innovative air options
  • good flavor for a single coil RTA with a large build
  • clearly labeled included coil
Cons:
  • top cap could have been easier to grip
  • 2 of the air options are too much for a single coil RTA
  • only works well with a large build. Not for smaller builds or lower watts
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean towards the yes. I like the air innovation and it works well with a large build but not made for smaller ones. It’s similar in performance to the kylin mini but easier to build on as i love the deck as i mentioned in my crius 2 review. If you want a high watt single coil RTA this one is well worth the look.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

it can be purchased here: Vandy Vape Revolver 25mm RTA | Vape Rebuildables

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from elementvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread