Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Cascade One Plus Kit Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the vaporesso Cascade One Plus Stick Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Vaporesso Cascade One Plus kit is the latest Vape Stick kit from Vaporesso and comes with the Cascade One Plus Battery Stick and the Cascade Baby tank. It features an internal 3000mah battery and is a simple non adjustable stick. It features a LED around the fire button for battery charge The included tank is the Cascade Baby tank and has a large 5ml capacity. It’s available in 6 colors, Gold, Shiny Gold, Blue, Silver, Black and Rainbow and I see it available in the price range of 30-40 dollars online.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 24.5mm Diameter
  • 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • OMNI Board Mini
  • Integrated 3000mAh Rechargeable Battery
  • Direct Voltage Output System
  • Single Button Operation
  • LED Light Indicator
  • Flash Heat Functionality
  • Smart Atomizer Identification
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • No Load Protection
  • Over Temperature Protection
  • Over Time Protection
  • Low Power Protection
  • Includes Cascade Baby Sub-Ohm Tank
  • Isolation Structure Design - Separates Juice & Coil Chamber
  • Triple Triangular-Shaped Airflow Control
  • Threaded Top-Fill Design - Safety Lock Mechanism
  • Sloped Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • Vaporesso GT Coil System
  • 0.3ohm GT CCELL 2 Coil - rated for 35-40W
  • 0.18ohm GT Mesh Coil - rated for 50-90W
  • Available in Black, Silver, Rainbow, Blue, Gold, Purple
Included in box:
  • 1 CASCADE PLUS - 3000mAh Battery
  • 1 Cascade Baby Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 0.3 ohm GT CCELL 2 Coil
  • 1 0.18ohm GT Mesh Coil
  • 1 Spare Parts & O-Rings
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • Instructional Manual
Picture Album

Vaporesso Cascade One Battery Rundown and Performance
The Vaporesso Cascade One battery is a non adjustable simple stick with a fire button and nothing else. There is an LED around the fire button to tell you the battery charge. It’s only active when fired. White is for 70% or more, Blue is 30-70%, Red is less than 30%. Not too bad with the spacing but a 4th one would have been nice. The LED is also red when charging and turns white when it’s fully charged.

The stick itself is really nice. There is no design it’s just a basic stick, and the coloring is beautiful. It can handle a 24.5 mm atomizer without overhang which is the size of the Cascade Baby tank and makes it have an AIO type look to it. It feels well built and is all metal, but it’s also really light. The USB port is on the back. It claims to have 2 amp fast charging and charges full in 1.5 hours.

Performance of the stick was excellent. I reviewed the iJust 3 here yesterday and was very disappointed in it. The Cascade one however didn’t disappoint. They don’t list any actual specs on it but with a .12 ohm coil i got 83 watts os smooth output (26 amps, 3.156 volts) with a .15 ohm coil I got 3.366 volts and 76 watts. With a .2 ohm coil I got 64 watts and 3.576 volts. With a .58 ohm coil 3.892 Volts and 26 watts. I tried the ELLO Duro tank on it with the HW-N .2 ohm coil (which was really .18 ohms) on it since the iJust 3 lacked the power for it, and it performed much better on the cascade one plus battery. Even though they don’t list specs for this, it does meet all the promises of the iJust 3 even though the iJust 3 didn’t meet them. It does make it kind of cool when you get similar things in like that to compare and contract at the same time and the cascade one plus blew the iJust 3 out of the water performance wise. It also has pass-through vaping so you can vape while it charges

Cascade Baby Tank and coil Performance Rundown
The Cascade Baby tank is the latest tank in the Cascade line of tanks from Vaporesso, and like most baby tanks on the market, it’s a smaller version of the original Cascade tank. It comes with a 5ml standard glass but sadly no spare glass included. It has a standard 510 tip with o'rings on it and all my other 510 tips fit well in it. It’s a plain black delrin one, Personally I think they should have went with a matching resin one instead, but you can always but your own if you wanted. It has a 24.5 mm diameter. The AFC is on a stopper and easy to adjust and nice and smooth and has good knurling on it for grip. The fill method is pretty cool as well. It’s still a slide back to expose 1 large fill hole style, but it locks into place with a spring system. You have to pull up on the top to slide it back and open, and when you close it, it springs back down to lock it in place so it can’t accidentally open. Very well thought out. Also even though it uses a standard “screw into the base” coil, due to the design of the tank you can swap the coils out with a nearly full tank because the coils sit under the juice and the juice comes down the side. Similar to the Boreas and Aromamizer Supreme RTAs. That also means you can't see where the juice level is when it’s low so you have to turn it upside down to see if there is still juice in the bottom. The quality is also really nice and they improved the threading a lot from the original cascade tank.

Coil Performance wise it comes with 2 coils. The new GT Mesh coil (which is more like a net then actual mesh. Picture is in the album of it taken apart) .18 ohm best 65-75 watts rated and the GT CCELL 2 (ceramic coil) .3 ohm coil rated for best 35-40 watts. It’s also compatible with all GT core coils for their NRG tank and other cross compatible coils like the smok baby beast coils.

For the performance, I’ll start with the GT Mesh coil. Thanks to my testing i can tell it was being ran at around 70 watts with the cascade one battery which is right in the recommend range of 65-75 watts. So they designed the coil well to work with the battery and the tank. I didn’t need to close the airflow at all either. I got some good flavor from it for sure. I’d say a little above average for a sub ohm tank. It also produces some decent clouds if that is your thing. I got 125ml as well of juice run through the coil and it was close to dying but not completely lost at that point so good life as well. It’s the best vaporesso coil i’ve had to date and one of the better ones on the market for that style. Now onto the the GT CCELL2 coil. I didn’t do a .3 ohm test on the battery, but based on my other tests i’ll estimate the stick was powering it at around 40 watts so again well built for the battery that comes in the kit. I had to turn the air down about halfway but with that i got decent flavor. It was pretty average. Not as good as the mesh coil, but acceptable for the type of device. It provides a cooler vape however then the GT Mesh coil if that’s your thing. Life wise i can't comment too much on it. I’ve only had the time to run 50ml through the coil but it’s still like new. I can't see it burning out anytime soon so at worst case it should be pretty decent life, I just don’t enjoy the vape on it like I did the mesh coil. Overall though I was pretty happy with the performance. I’ve had some terrible luck with vaporesso coils in the past all being poor performers with poor life so i’m pleasantly surprised. IDK if i got lucky or if they made some changes to make them better in the past 6-12 months but as far as the one’s i got in this kit, I was happy with them

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod and tank
  • Color Options
  • Size and Weight for portability
  • Simple Sleek Design
  • Battery Life (3000mah battery)
  • Large 5 ml capacity in tank
  • AFC is easy to adjust and smooth
  • Standard 510 tip
  • Easy to refill and locks tank closed
  • Battery Indicator
  • great performance from the battery
  • coils match the output of the battery as they should
  • coils have good flavor and life
  • 2 amp fast charging
  • passthrough vaping
Cons:
  • Could have included a matching resin tip
  • when tank is low on juice, you need to turn upside down to check if there is any left
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this is going to lean towards the yes. It’s an excellent performing stick kit with coils that work well for the output of the battery and has good performance. It’s one of the better stick kits to hit the market and at less than 40 bucks it’s well worth it if you are in the market for a kit like this.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

• Informative
Reactions: RedBullBabe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread