Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Luxe Kit Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the vaporesso luxe Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample.

Introduction:
The Vaporesso Luxe Kit is the latest kit from popular manufacturer Vaporesso. They have been around a long time but have been picking up more steam as of late in popularity due to making some really good mods. For me they are one of the best budget mod makers out there with mods like the polar, revenger series, switcher, and armour pro. The Vaporesso Luxe is a kit is a kit that includes a dual 18650 Luxe mod rated at 220 watts and includes the Skrr Mesh tank as well. It’s available in 7 colors Black, Silver, Iris, Bronze, Green Ape, Red, and Rainbow. Looking around online i see the kit priced around 50-75 USD and the mod alone for 40-60 USD.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Dimensions - 146mm by 47.8mm by 30mm (Includes Tank)
  • Dual 18650 High Amp Battery - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-220W
  • Resistance Range: 0.03-5.0 Ohm
  • Other Modes: Smart VW(H/N/S) / VT(SS, NI, TI) / CCT / CCW / VV / CCV
  • BYPASS Mode
  • TCR Adjustment - 2 Memory Modes
  • Super Player Mode - Broad Tank Resistance ID
  • OMNI Board 4.0 Chipset - 0.001s Insta-Fire
  • 2.0" TFT Full Color Display
  • Large Side Fire Button Operation
  • Vibration-Enabled Adjustment Buttons
  • Bottom-Loaded Magnetized Battery Cover
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Burn Protection
  • No Load Protection
  • Overtime Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Low Power Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • ESD Circuit Protection
  • Pass Through Protection
  • Micro USB Port - 2.5A Max Charge
  • Centered 510 Stainless Steel Connection
  • Available in Silver, Black, Red, Blue Iris, Green Ape, Bronze Rainbow
Manufacturers Spec: Tank
  • 30mm Diameter At Widest Point
  • 8mL Max Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Quad Flow QF Air Distribution System
  • Vaporesso QF Coil System - Flax & Cotton Wicks
  • 0.18ohm QF Meshed - Rated for 55-85W
  • 0.18ohm QF Strip - Rated for 60-90W
  • Vaporesso GT Coil Compatible
  • Quad Trapezoid-Shaped Airflow Control
  • Slide-n-Fill Design - Convenient Top-Fill
  • Resin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Connection
  • Available in Green, Red, Black, Blue, Stainless, Gold, Rainbow, Champagne Gold
Included in box:
  • 1 LUXE 220W Mod
  • 1 SKRR Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 0.18ohm QF Meshed
  • 1 0.18ohm QF Strip
  • 1 Silicone Case
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 1 Spare O-Rings
  • 1 User Guide
  • 1 Warranty Card
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got to see this mod it was back at ECC around 5 months ago and i was pretty impressed with the design and performance even then. I also had a beta unit sent to me about 1 month after that and then the final unit 2 months later so by the time the final unit arrived i pretty much knew what to expect. There really isn’t much of a difference if any between the beta unit and the final version with the exception of the menu system. They redid the menu a little which i’ll talk about later. Either way though i love the massive 2” color screen centered 510 pin, and the ease of use and all the features it has.

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Firmware Version is V1.03 (released october 2018) which was the latest at the time of my testing, I also checked today and it’s still the latest version as well. Testing resistances were done at .12, .15, .2, and .63 ohms. wattage points were max (220), 200, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 212 watts and 42 amps. For the rest of the testing it was slightly low 1-6 watts. No struggle there which is really nice as many mods struggle at that resistance. At .15 it maxed out at 223 watts. The rest of the testing it was mostly on point or 1 watt off except th 75 and 100 test where it was 4 low.. For the .2 test it maxed out at 227 watts. For the rest of the tests again really accurate but a little high 5-6 watts at 150 plus but only 2 watts high max at 100 or less. For the .63 testing it maxed out at 145 watts and 9.572 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 10 high at 100 watts but under that on point to 6 watts high. The volts shows there is a boost circuit like vaporesso usually has which is great. Most dual battery mods don’t have boost circuits. Mostly it’s just Vaporesso, Geekvape, and Innokin so a nice bonus there that they continue to do so

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was really good. It didn’t struggle with the .12 ohm build which many mods do. It mostly always within a couple of watts. I was able to get 227 watts max, so I consider it to be accurately rated at 220 watts even a little underrated. The 9.572 volt limit shows there is a boost circuit. Their manual does not list a voltage limit or amp limit and I wish they would list all 3 personally. On this mod and the most amps i got was 42 with a .12 ohm coil which is a little above average for a dual battery mod (average is around 40 these days) and the most volts i got is 9.572 which is way above average due to the boost circuit. Personally If i was listing the specs I’d call the mod 230 watts, 9.5V and 40A. So overall good performer and accurately rated for watts. Like their past few mods however i will ding them as their normal preheat actually functions as a hard preheat. If you don’t like this you do have the option to go with a soft preheat instead or sue the watt curve mode but they really need to stop doing that in my opinion and not listen to nonsense online and let that influence them.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is really good. Accurately rated for watts (227), Yes boost circuit, above average amp limit of 42. Volts tested at 9.572. Normal preheat acts as hard preheat like their few past mods.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire with a TCR of 92 (note TCR is adjustable in SS mode and TCR mode and SS default is 105) , I tested 8 builds. 2 simple round single coil, 2 simple round dual Coil, 2 large fancy single coils builds, and 2 large fancy dual coil builds. Personally I found it Great with a TCR of 92 and no need to adjust. This was consistent across the board form the one i sued at ECC, the beta, and the final version so glad they didn’t make any changes there as it just worked and worked well. It felt pretty accurate to me with a warm vape in the 450ish range as it should be which allows plenty of room for adjustment if you want a cooler or hotter vape. You can also adjust your wattage for ramp as well to the full amount of watts. Very well done there. Overall it’s a great performer as i’ve come to expect from vaporesso mods. The throttle is smooth and not pulsey. It’s consistent, no dry hits. The ramp is good no complaints there and overall just a really nice vape in TC mode so well done there.

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a standard 5 click of the fire button to turn on and off. It has 3 touch buttons for adjustments an up a down and a menu button. The touch buttons auto lock when you press fire and stay locked until you click fire 3 times to unlock them so it’s great that way so you can't accidentally adjust or press the buttons. The menu system is great and well laid out as usual with vaporesso but this is the 1 big change from their older mods like the polar and armour pro and the beta version of the luxe. Before they used a drill down menu so you select your more than you select the settings. Now they broke that up into 2 sections one where you program your options in the DIY area of the menu. It’s still very easy and intuitive. For me personally i like the older way better as since i do reviews i’m always swapping atomizers and needing to adjust settings and this is an extra step for me when doing that however in normal usage people won’t be doing that so you can set up your TC for example as SS TCR of 92 and then save steps when switching back and forth. So overall well done and should be simpler and less steps to the average user then their old menu system. Mode wise as expected this mod is packed to the brim with every mode you can think of. It has your power mode (with normal, hard, and soft preheat options), TC for Ni, SS, and Ti all with adjustable TCR and TCR mode (2 memories). You also have VV mode for voltage adjust, and curve modes for watts, volts, and temp control as well as bypass mode. Basically any mode for vaping that ever existed is here. They also include their super player mode which seems like just power mode but lets you fire as low as .03 ohms and their smart mode and auto mode which they don’t really explain and personally i just leave them off and don’t use them.

The Vaporesso Luxe adjusts by .1 watt increments under 100 watts and full watt increments 100 or more. If you hold the adjustment button it does full watts under 100 as well and scrolls pretty fast. Overall well done there and fast and easy to adjust but i’m not a fan of .1 watt increments over 20 watts. The mod itself is built solid with no rattle at all, and has a nice weight to it where it’s not heavy but not light. Feels really good in the hand. The Battery door is a standard magnetic back plate and It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes (2)18650 batteries. The backplate fits really well with no play and the batteries come out and in easy without a ribbon like their polar mod. It’s a thick metal door but they put a warning sticker to warn you about damaged battery wraps as well as add in protection for that so good job there too.

There paint on the mod is very nice as well. Not sure i’d even call it paint really as it’s not a painted metal like most. The body part is made of a thick good quality feeling plastic material making it lightweight but not cheap feeling. The one i have is a matte black but there are a few body color options. The other part is the battery door plate which has a design on it. Would be cool if they sold it seperate at some point. Personally i like the Iris and bronze ones the best. The fire button is nice large and clicky fire button on the side of the mod that is a thumb fire in the right hand with screen facing away from your palm (my personal preference). It works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be and is really comfy to use and quite large. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The mod handles a 28mm atomizer flush with the slight beveling on the top of the mod but doesn't look too bad with a 30mm either the 510 is centered. The screen is a massive 2” color screen that looks great. It’s bright and easy to see. Also for branding the mod itself there is a small vaporesso logo above the screen in silver and the menu button is the vaporesso V shape. Nicely branded overall. They list a charging rate of 2.5A but i don’t recommend charging internally in your mods like these so I don’t test charge rates of devices like this due to that.

SKRR Tank Rundown
Ok so now a quick rundown of the tank, I normally don’t get too crazy in detail with included tanks like this one but lets go over the basics. It’s a 28mm diameter tank at the base 30mm at the bubble glass so sits flush with the beveling of the mod. It comes with a 8ml bubble tank and a spare standard tank they list at 2ml as the TPD version. So pretty large capacity with the bubble tank. It uses a proprietary drip tip. The reason it’s that was is the drip tip screws into the tank to lock the top fill so it doesn't accidentally swing open. That’s a pro for people who have had top fills open in their pocket but a con for people who like to swap drip tips. The one in the red kit i have is a black and red matching resin one so nice overall looking. It uses a slide back top fill which works no complaints but you do have to unscrew the drip tip to fill and the fill holes is a decent size. The AFC is easy to adjust and has 3 large air holes equally spaced apart and is on a stopper. no complaints about the tank itself outside of the proprietary drip tip personally and it’s a pretty standard tank you see on the market from many companies in kits.

Now for the important part, the coil performance. There is no RBA deck so you are limited to the coil options only. It does use the same standard GT coils as all the vaporesso tanks pretty much use like the NRG tank. They have a few new coils for it the QF strip .15 ohm and the QF mesh .2 ohm. They have a new air bullet as they call it inside to help stop spit back and give better flavor. I did get to use it a little at ECC as well as a bit with the beta unit. For this one I only used the QF strip .15 ohm coil it’s rated for 50-80 watts and best at 65-75. Personally I found it best at around 60-65 watts and the air half closed off. Still even with that it’s a pretty average performer. Nothing special or stand out but similar flavor to most tanks like this that come in kits. Coil is is good as well. As of writing this i put 88mls through it and it’s not burnt out yet. It’s a decent coil, best coil vaporesso has made so far so they are going in the right direction but still nothing stand out to compete with the best tanks on the market but it’s as good as any included tank on a kit so take what you will form that.

Pros:
  • Power mode performance great
  • Accurately rated for watts (227)
  • great amp limit (42)
  • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
  • handles 28mm atomizers without overhang
  • easy to adjust wattage quickly
  • color options (7)
  • Easy to use Menu
  • TCR mode
  • Full watt adjustments in TC
  • Massive color screen
  • nice fire button
  • good TC performance
  • great volt limit (boost circuit)
  • Nice build quality
  • Nice paint job
  • touch buttons work great
  • auto lock touch buttons
  • watt curve mode
  • VV mode
  • volt curve mode
  • preheat options
Cons:
  • Included Tank is just decent
  • normal preheat acts as a hard preheat
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? This one on the mod side is an easy yes for me. It’s one of the top 2-3 mods if not the top overall mod released in 2018 and will be on my best of list for sure. Hard to really fault anything on this mod objectively. Some may not like touch buttons or big screens but everything on the mod works as it should (minus the normal preheat) TC is great, power mode is great, boost circuit, every feature or mode you can want. Hard to find any faults really. As far as the tank goes you could do better but it’s not the worst thing for an extra 10 bucks. I’d still opt for a different tank personally but if you are dead set on a kit it’s no worse off than any other included kit tanks. I’ll be adding the mod to my spreadsheet of recs linked down below but won’t be adding the tank.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

• Informative
Reactions: tailland

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
The choice of potential coils is huge, shopping them is cheap, and the fact that I got so many bb tanks encouraged me to buy tanks in (specific single-mod-fitting) colors which I normally wouldn't have bought. It's hard not to appreciate that.
yeah i do like all the cross compatibility between coils for sure. makes life a lot easier :)

• Agree
Reactions: tailland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread