Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Orca Solo MTL AIO Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the vaporesso Orca Solo kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The vaporesso Orca Solo kit, is a new pen style MTL AIO from vaporesso and a competitor for the Joyetech ego AIO eco. It features adjustable airflow, a 800 mah internal battery, a 1.5ml capacity, and 2 coil options. It’s available in 7 colors, Black, Silver, Metallic Grey, Blue, Rose Gold, Mint Green, and Rainbow. They are available online in the 15-20 USD price range.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Powered by OMNI Board Mini
  • All-in-One Design
  • Dimensions: 4-3/4" x 5/8" (Including Mouthpiece)
  • 16mm Diameter
  • Built-in 800mAh Battery
  • Direct Output Voltage
  • E-Liquid Capacity: 1.5ml
  • Glass Tank with Metal Sleeve
  • Top Fill Design
  • Simple One Button Design
  • Battery Life Indicator Light
  • Utilizes Vaporesso Orca OC Atomizer Heads
  • Includes (1) OC CCELL 1.3ohm Atomizer Head (7 - 12W)
  • Includes (1) OC Standard 1.3ohm Atomizer Head (7 - 12W)
  • Optimized for Higher Nicotine Levels
  • Micro USB Charging Port
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • 510 Drip Tip Compatible
Included in box:
  • 1 Vaporesso Orca Solo AIO System
  • 1 OC 1.3ohm 7-12w Coil
  • 1 OC CCELL 1.3ohm 7-2w Coil
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 1 Spare Parts
  • Instructional Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Vaporesso Orca Solo Is a Pen style AIO (all in one) kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It’s a pretty small one, similar in size to the joyetech ego AIO eco. I have some comparison pictures in the album above. It features a bottom airflow coil. It has adjustable air that is one wide hole on the bottom that can be adjusted by spinning the ring that is on a stopper. You can get a nice tight MTL vape all the way to a restrictive lung vape. It has a decent capacity of 1.5 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 800 mah so a really good size for such a small AIO and good battery life. They claim approx 190 puffs per charge. It features built in USB charging they list at 1A and call it a 45 minute charge. I left my dead one to charge and came back after an hour and it was full so 45 mins seems about right, it’s under 1 hour for sure. It also features Pass Through Vaping while charging. And has a replaceable 510 drip tip. There is also a metal cage on the outside of the glass to protect the glass from breaking which is nice since they don’t include a spare

It has 1 LED Light on it. The lights is around the fire button and easy to see and very bright. It also is used to tell you the battery charge. Green means full (above 70%) , Blue means Medium (between 30-70%) and red means low (under 30%). They list 3.3V as the cutoff. Filling the AIO is very easy. Just unscrew the top metal part and fill into the glass around the coil. Easy to fill with any bottle type. It’s a clear glass that is easy to see the juice level as well. Usage is very easy, 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off. Press fire to vape, There is no inhale to fire option. It’s worked for me every time no misfires. Adjusting the airflow is easy, it’s like any sub ohm tank on the market. Just spin the AFC ring. It’s easy to grip and nice and smooth. The mouthpiece is a standard 510 drip tip which is nice so you can use your own.

One more thing to note, the manual lists some protections and such. One is a 10 second over vape protection. It does have low voltage protection (turns off when battery is too low) listed at 3.3V as well as Overcharge protection and short circuit protection. It’s also built really well.

Coil Performance and details
The kit comes with 2 coils. Both are 1.3ohm and rated for 7-12 watts. Being as it’s a direct voltage output device, you’ll be getting 8-13 watts depending on the charge so right in line with their specs. The only difference in the coils is one is a CCELL which means it uses ceramic. Personally I don’t have an issue with ceramic but some do, so if you do, you probably won’t want to use the CCELL coil. Performance wise though, both coils were about the same, no noticeable difference in them flavor wise. Both were pretty poor even for an AIO system like this. Neither lasted me very long either. I got 9ml from the cotton coil, and so far 6ml from the CCELL coil but it tastes burnt already. I only used less than 56% VG nic salt juices for both coils. The wicked just fine but had no life and poor flavor.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Color Options
  • Size - (very easy to pocket)
  • Simple looks
  • Battery Life (800mah battery)
  • Low Juice Consumption
  • great for beginners due to ease of use
  • Charges fast (less than 1 hour)
  • price point (under 20 dollars)
  • easy to fill and replace coil
  • passthrough vaping
  • easy to see juice level
  • battery indicator
  • adjustable airflow
  • standard 510 drip tip
Cons:
  • Coil performance
  • Coil Life
  • no spare glass included
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this is going to lean pretty heavy towards the no. It’s a shame because much like the Joyetech ego AIO eco, the device itself is rather nice, but the coils just don’t perform. They also fixed 2 big complaints i had with the eco which is adjustable air and a standard drip tip. But at the end of the day, with a kit like this, if the coils are no good, it ruins the kit.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread