Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Revenger Mini Mod Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the vaporesso Revenger Mini mod. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links.

Introduction:
The vaporesso Revenger Mini is the latest mod in the Revenger Line and the smallest as well. While the other revenger mods were dual 18650, The Revenger Mini is an internal battery mod with a built in 2500mah battery according to the specs. It’s capable of up to 85 watts and has all the features you’d expect from the omni chip. It keeps the same form factor of other revenger mods just shrunk down to about the size of a dual 18650 battery case and a little smaller than a dual 21700 battery case. It’s available in 5 colors Red, Black, Blue, Rainbow, and Aluminum and they have different LED designs on the back as well.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 75 x 40 x 28mm
  • Wattage Range: 5 85W
  • Voltage range: 0 - 8.5V
  • Resistance Range: 0.05 - 5.0ohm
  • Temperature Control Range: 100℃-315℃/200F-600F
  • Output Modes: Smart VW(H/N/S), CCW, CCT, VT(NI,TI,SS), TCR, RTC, BYPASS
  • Advanced OMNI Board 2.2 Chipset
  • Built-in 2500mAh Battery
  • Unique Lighting Pattern
  • Revolutionary IML design
  • 0.96 Inch OLED Display
  • Compact Design More Portable
  • Durable Aluminum Alloy Construction
  • 2.5A Quick Charging via Micro USB Port
  • Spring Loaded Gold Plated 510 Connection
  • Low Voltage/Current/Output Short Circuit/Load/Low Resistance/Overheating/Anti Loaded/Timeout Protection
Included in box:
  • 1 Vaporesso Revenger Mini Mod
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • Instructional Manual
Picture Album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the size and design of it. I had already reviewed the revenger and revenger X last year and true to its name, it’s a mini revenger. Shrunk down into a small form factor about the size of a dual 18650 plastic case but with an internal battery listed at 2500mah instead of the dual 18650 configurations of the original revengers. Despite its small size, thanks to the centered 510 pin it can still handle a 25mm atomizer without overhang which should be more than enough for any atomizer you’d want to use on it and still looks great with a 22mm one as well. It has the same large screen as the other revengers and uses physical buttons not a touch screen. They added in 1 change with an LED on the back that can be turned off and if it’s off, you wouldn’t even know it exists. Overall pretty impressed with this mod from the start.

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .11 , .14, .19, and .6 ohms. wattage points were max (85), 60, 40, and 20. At .11 ohms it maxed out at 79 watts and 27 amps. For the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 4 watts. At .14 it maxed out at 81 watts. The rest of the tests it was never off by more than 2 watts. For the .19 test it maxed out at 84 watts. For the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 1 watt. For the .6 testing it maxed out at 88 watts and 7.258 volts. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 2 watts. The volts shows there is a boost circuit in the mod as there should be.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was excellent. Worst case it was off by 4 watts, that was only in a couple of cases. Most of the time it was on point or within a watt or 2. 12 out of the 16 test points was within 2 watts. 1 test was limited by the amps. The other 3 tests were 3-4 watts off. So really accurate. I’m impressed i was able to get 79+ watts from a .11 to .6 ohm range as well so most people should pretty much get the benefit of the full wattage. It’s also pretty accurately rated at 85 watts since i got 84 with the .19 test and 88 with the .6 ohm test. The 7.258 volt limit shows there is a boost circuit but was limited by the watts. They list the voltage max at 8.5 which i consider plausible it could have reached it with a higher ohm coil. They don’t list an amp limit but the 27 i got is right on par with most of the best internal battery mods like this so no issues there.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is excellent. Very accurate. Mostly within 2 watts. Accurate rating for watts (88), Yes boost circuit. amp limit 27 which is good for a small internal mod. Volts tested at 7.258+ since i was limited by the watts with a .6 ohm coil could be a little higher

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire with the SS mode and TCR mode set at 00092, I tested 6 builds, 1 single round spaced, a dual round spaced, 3 fancy single coil builds and 1 fancy smaller dual coil build. The mod has no watt limit in TC. Adjusting the watts does change the ramp up as it should and it had no issues powering a 70 watt dual coil build or my 50-60 watt single coil builds either with a fast ramp up. It also did a great job on the throttle, it doesn't throttle too hard at all and gives a nice smooth consistent vape. With SS mode the temp felt off about 50-60 degrees on the high side, I found around 380-400F to be a warm vape, however in TCR mode it provides a warm vape in the 440-460 range as it should, so it feels pretty accurate there. Seems like they have the wrong TCR setting for their SS mode (many mods use 105 for it which is SS304 because nobody ever tells the companies i guess?) Overall I was very happy with the temp control on this mod and is right in line with what i expected from a vaporesso mod. It does a great job for the price point

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a 5 click to turn on and off of the fire button. The menu button can be clicked 3 times to go into the menu system or you can hold it which takes you right to the mode you are currently in. you use up and down to scroll and menu to accept. There isn’t a quick exit in the menu though. I would have liked for the fire button to me a quick exit. In the modes you have 10 options. Power with 3 preheats (soft, normal, hard), TC (SS, NI, Ti) Watt curve Mode, TCR mode (M1, M2) and lastly bypass mode. So basically every option you’d ever need on a mod. In the settings menu, you can set the time for the RTC (real time clock), program the LED, use smart mode (i didn’t use it personally), set the screen timeout, reset the puff counter, change the screen brightness, and factory reset the mod. For the LED options there are 3 colors Red, Green, and Blue. you can program them to flash, be on, or fade. You can set it to be on always or only when firing. And of course you can turn them off. Different color options of the mod itself have different LED designs. The black one i have has a flame like design. The blue looks to have bubbles, and the red looks to be stars.

The mod itself is build solid with no rattle on the buttons, but is also pretty light. No Battery door obviously since it’s internal. The paint looks nice and doesn't scratch off, and no visible wear on mine. The fire button is nice and large and and clicky with texture like the one on the switcher. The 510 gave me no issues however there is a minor gap with my atomizers. Not a huge deal but worth a mention. The screen is a large but very dim. Even with the brightness turned all the way up it’s dim. It’s near impossible to read in the sunlight. The mod can handle a 25mm atomizer without overhang and is only limited by it’s small size. Also due to it’s small size and somewhat rounded bottom, it can be tipped over easily. When you plug it in to charge it has a cool feature where it tells you battery percent plus how long it will take to charge in minutes. They list 2.5A quick charge, i have no way to test it, but it does charge pretty fast. Under 2 hours for a full charge from dead. Price point is great too currently 39.99 at healthcabin

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Nice simple looks and form factor
  • tiny size for portability
  • color options
  • no button rattle
  • Large screen with plenty of info
  • Power mode performance
  • nice fire button
  • Accurately rated
  • Temp Mode performance
  • centered 510 pin (can handle 25mm atomizers)
  • symmetrical design
  • easy to use menu system
  • Price point (39.99 on healthcabin)
  • watt curve mode
  • good battery life for internal mod
  • fast charging (tells you how long until a full charge in minutes)
  • watt curve mode and preheat options
  • programmable LEDS that can be turned off and you wouldn’t know they exist
Cons:
  • Screen is dim
  • slight gap with atomizers
  • Temp is a little off in SS mode, much more accurate in TCR mode
  • can be tipped over somewhat easily
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do the yes or no, but for this i have to lean heavy towards the yes. There aren’t a ton of small internal battery mods on the market and this one is one of the premier ones. It has some small cons like most mods because nothing is perfect, but with great performance and every feature a vaper would need it’s an easy choice for someone looking for an internal battery mod. I’ll be adding this to my sheet of recs.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

It can be purchased here for 39.99 Vaporesso Revenger Mini Mod

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from healthcabin.net

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Nice review! I have an original revenger and revenger silk that I use daily. I have been thinking about getting one of these to try. I’m just not sure if I’d like one with an internal battery.
yeah they aren't for everybody. a single 18650 version would have been nice, but their new armour is pretty legit as well so far and is a single 2x700 battery mod

Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread