Anthony Vapes: Wismec Sinuous V200 Mod Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Wismec Sinuous V200 mod. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is marked as a sample.

Introduction:
The Wismec Sinuous V200 is one of the latest mods (along with the V80 i’ll be reviewing tomorrow) from long time vape manufacturer Wismec. For anyone who isn’t aware, they are a sub brand of joyetech (along with eleaf as well) so have been around many years most famous for their jaybo RX line of products. I’ve reviewed a ton of their stuff over the past 2 years and sadly can’t really say much good about them these days as they have fallen way behind the curve compared to other companies and maybe like 1 out of every 10 mods is decent but haven’t really made anything worth running out to get in a long time so we’ll see if the V200 can change that. The V200 is a dual 18650 battery mod rated at 200 watts. It’s available in 4 colors Black, Red, Green, and Magenta. It comes in a kit with the Armor NSE tank which i’ll go over in the review tomorrow for the V80 kit. Looking around online I see the mod for around 30-35 USD and the kit for around 40-45 USD. Elementvape has the kit for 39.95 black only in stock in the US.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions - 88.8mm by 53.2mm by 25mm
  • Dual High-Amp 18650 Rechargeable Batteries - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 1-200W
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.5-8V
  • Resistance Range - VW Mode: 0.05-3.5ohm
  • Resistance Range - TC Mode: 0.05-1.5ohm
  • Temperature Range: 100-315°C / 200-600°F
  • Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Wire Compatibility
  • TC Mode
  • VW Mode
  • TCR Mode
  • Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
  • Magnetic Battery Bay Door
  • Intuitive Firing Button
  • Two Adjustment Buttons
  • 0.91" OLED Screen
  • Over-Discharge Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Over 10s Protection
  • Short-Circuit Protection
  • Over-Current Protection
  • Micro USB Port
  • Centered Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
  • Available in Green, Red, Black, and Magenta
Included in box:
  • 1 Wismec SINUOUS V200 Box Mod
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • User Manuals
  • 2 Warning Card
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got to see this mod I didn’t really know what to think. On one hand it was nice to see them go back to basics without having a bluetooth speaker or anything, but on the other hand I didn’t see any upgrades to the menu or screen which is pretty badly outdated these days plus the whole mod itself is plastic. So overall wasn’t very impressed from the start

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Testing resistances were done at .12, .15, .21, and .61 ohms. wattage points were max (200), 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 178 watts and 39 amps. For the rest of the testing it struggled quite a bit which isn’t uncommon but not the norm either. At 100+ it was 11-27 watts low and under 100 1-8 watts low, so not great but usable under 100 watts for sure. At .15 it maxed out at 184 watts. The rest of the testing here again a bit of a struggle, at over 100 watts it was 24-27 watts low and 100 or less 1-10 watts low. For the .21 test it maxed out at 177 watts. For the rest of the tests again some struggle, at 100 or more watts 11-23 watts low, under 100 watts 2-7 watts low. For the .61 testing it maxed out at 86 watts and 7.258 volts. Also worth noting due to the pre-programmed 8V limit in the mod it would only allow me to set it as high as 104.9 watts but it didn’t reach that. For the rest of the testing it was a little high 1-4 watts. The volts shows there is no boost circuit in this mod like most dual battery mods which isn’t a big deal as it’s not needed, but nice when they have one.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was decent at best. It struggled with 100 or more watts across the board and also struggled in the .15-.21 range where most mods due their best. I was able to get 184 watts max, so it is a little overrated but nothing too bad. The 7.258 volt limit shows there is no boost circuit but not needed here. Their manual list a voltage limit of 8V which is plausible and close enough, they don’t list an amp limit and I wish they would list all 3 personally. On this mod and the most amps i got was 39 with a .12 ohm coil which is average for a dual 18650 mod. The most volts i got is 7.258 which is again pretty average for a non boost dual battery mod. Personally If i was listing the specs I’d call the mod 185 watts, 7.5V and 39A. So overall just ok performer and close enough ratings.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is just decent overall. Close enough rated for watts (184), No boost circuit but not required, good amp limit of 39. Hits a little weak mostly especially at lower resistances and 100 or more watts

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire and SS mode, i’ll keep this pretty short and sweet. The 1st build i tried was a simple round dual coil build and it was wonky and inconsistent for a few hours and i had to keep fiddling with the temp and then it kicked me out and at that point, wan’t any more work to be done really. Typical wismec TC and 0 improvements on it over the past 3 years despite me dinging them in every review which is a little sad and a little frustrating. Not a mod i’d recommend for TC.

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a standard 5 click to turn on and off. The menu system is pretty much the same as all their past mods really and needs a huge update. They did make 1 minor improvement though where 3 clicks does bring you to an actual menu to select your mode, which gives you Ni, Ti, SS, M1, M2, M3, and VW. So your pretty basic modes on most mods. Holding fire and up takes you to another menu where you can turn on stealth mode, set a preheat (power and duration), turn the logo on and off, check your firmware version, and check the live voltage of your batteries individually. The battery voltage thing is cool and helpful but a better menu would be welcome. The 2nd menu is a bunch of small hard to understand logos so it takes a learning curve to navigate what they mean. They really need an overhaul of the menu. Holding down and up locks the adjustment buttons but you can still fire. With the mod off holding down and up flips the screen. TCR mode memories can only be set when in TCR mode using the 2nd menu. So they changed up some of the shortcuts of their past mods but didn’t make it better so even adds a learning curve to people familiar with their mods.

The Wismec Sinuous V200 adjusts by .1 watt increments under 20 watts and full watt increments 20 or more. Holding it makes it adjust very fast as well, so well done there. There is no round robin though. The mod itself is built solid with no rattle at all, but very lightweight due to being completely plastic. The Battery door is a standard magnetic side plate and is also completely plastic and a little see through as well. It works really well and fits nice with no play. The paint on the mod is well not really paint per se. It’s all colored plastics and pretty plain. I got the black one which is a black body with black tinted panels on the side. I think based on pics The white/green one looks really nice. Not much to say about the paint really.

The fire button is standard size simple round button. It works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be, no complaints there. The 510 pin is great and gave me no issues with any atomizer. The mod handles a 26mm atomizer flush and the 510 is centered so great job there, It’s only limited by the thickness of the mod. The screen is the old outdated “dna: style screens and the same one we’ve seen on all the past wismec mods, save for the tinker. It’s the same as the active, luxotic MF, etc. They really need to get nicer screens. I thought they were headed that way a year ago with the ravage 230 but they regressed, then with the tinker I thought they were headed that way again but now it’s just regressed back to the old school ones. It’s average brightness. Not very bright but not dim. Also for branding the mod itself there is wismec engraved in the side panels and a small Sinuous V200 on the back. Nicely branded overall. They list a charging rate of 2A but i don’t recommend charging internally in your mods like these so I don’t test charge rates of devices like this due to that, but will give them credit for saying as much on their site. Their official site reads “It’s better to take out the cells and charge them through and external charger”

Pros:
  • Power performance is good enough under 100 watts
  • good amp limit (39)
  • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
  • color options (4)
  • good and centered 510 pin
  • handles 26mm attys flush
  • power adjustments are fast and easy
Cons:
  • TC performance is horrible
  • small black and white screen
  • menu system needs an overhaul for easier use
  • not really 200 watts and struggles over 100 watts
  • struggles with lower resistances
  • mod feels cheap overall
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no and this one i’m going to have to lean towards the no. The dual 18650 market is flooded with so many good options these days and is really competitive and this one really doesn’t stack up. I thought maybe they were going for the dirt cheap pricing with the old chip, old screen, and full plastic mod but it’s prices around the same as many better options. It’s not a rinco manto X/manto S situation where it only cost around 20 bucks so has value for someone looking to go dirt cheap. This cost the same as many much nicer mods so can’t see a reason to say yes personally. I won’t be adding the mod to my spreadsheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Wismec

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread