Anthony Vapes: Wotofo Profile RDA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Wotofo Profile rda, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample version

Introduction:
The Wotofo Profile rda is the latest rda from popular vape manufacturer Wotofo (well latest available but a new Faris RDA just showed up for review as i’m writing this). Wotofo has been hit and miss for me, they’ve made some good RDAs like the recurve and nudge 22, but also a lot of overhyped and bad ones like the warrior RDA, troll RTA, and some others, so they are a bit hit and miss IMO. it’s designed in collaboration with Mr Just Right 1 which i have no clue who he is personally. The Profile RDA is a mesh coil 24mm DTL RDA with an included squonk pin that can also be used as a single coil RDA. It’s available in 6 colors, Black, SS, Gold, Gunmetal, Blue, and Rainbow. I looked around online and see it in the 25 USD price range out of china and 30ish price range in the US so good price point.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Collaboration between Mr. Just Right 1
  • 24mm Diameter
  • Deep Juice Well
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Spacious Build Deck
  • Wide Clamp Style Ceramic Support
  • Side Secured via Hex Screws
  • Wide Terminals for Larger Builds or Leads
  • Single or Dual Coil Configuration
  • Spring-Loaded Ceramic Cotton Support
  • Beehive Style Air Slots on Top Cap
  • Detachable Structure
  • 810 Wide Bore Resin Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Stainless Steel, Black, Blue, Gunmetal, Gold, and Rainbow
Included in box:
  • 1 Wotofo Profile 24mm RDA
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 6mm Agleted Cotton Strip
  • 1 Extra 810 Drip Tip
  • 1 Bending Tool
  • 1 Clapton Coil
  • 1 Mesh Style Coil Sheets
  • 1 Bag of O-Rings and Screws
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RDA I was pretty impressed with the design. They include cotton and mesh coils made for the RDA and sent me some extras of both, but the one thing that stood out was the spring loaded ceramic block that keeps the cotton pushed up against the mesh. That was a really good idea we haven’t seen in a mesh RDA so far so well done there. The included cotton also fits well as does the precut mesh strips although technically it’s not mesh but more of a honeycomb coil as i call them but for the sake of the review i’ll just call it mesh as many companies use that design coil and call it mesh. Overall though pretty impressed form the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a 2 clamp system with the clamps positioned for vertical insertion instead of horizontal like many. Very similar to the VV mesh RDA deck design except the clamps are raised off the deck. The screws come in from the side so it does work well for flat wire, mesh, and round wire builds but you do need to precut your leads. The Mesh that comes with it is cut to size however and doesn't need any modifications. The post screws are good quality flat head/phillips combo screws so nice improvement there as wotofo has normally used some cheap poor quality screws in lots of RDAs. There is also a cut out on the juice well wall that acts as a place for the top cap to lock in but doubles to add room to get your screwdriver in there to use the post screws. Overall a really nicely designed deck that works with any wire type and is easy to build on. Just note that you will need to precut leads for using anything but the included mesh strips that are precut.

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy just drop your leads to the bottom for traditional coil builds. For Mesh builds this is where it gets cool, there is a spring loaded ceramic block between the posts and this allows the cotton to be pressed against the mesh coil easier so you don’t get dry hits. Very good idea indeed. Also the included cotton they make for it fits just right (no pun intended) so you just need to cut the ends and fluff them up making wicking very easy. When using a traditional coil the ceramic block isn’t used. Overall very easy to wick for mesh or traditional coils.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Single Coil RDA and a Mesh RDA. I ran 4 builds in this a fancy 3mm ID build, a fancy 4 mm ID build, 1 mesh build with the included mesh and 1 simple round 4mm ID build. For size I found it worked best with the 4mm ID and the fancy builds or using the mesh. For the mesh coil I will say it’s the best flavor i’ve gotten from mesh in any RDA overall so it’s the best option for a mesh RDA. As a single coil RDA it’s just ok with a large fancy build and not worth much with the round builds and pretty space limited. Overall I’d say it’s great for a mesh RDA, but just decent not using mesh and overall not as good as a good single coil RDA but still the best RDA for mesh.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. It’s a standard side airflow RDA with 19 small holes on each side. It’s 3 rows with 6 on the top and bottom rows and 7 on the middle row. It’s a pretty airy DTL single coil RDA. It starts closing off the top row 1st then after that is closed off, closes off the bottom 2 rows at the same time all being closed off right to left. It works well enough but there isn’t much to grip on the top cap making it more difficult than it needs to be, they should have added some knurling. Also the annoying part about the air is, it’s really hard to see what’s closed off and what isn’t so it’s hard to see where your air is at.It is adjustable from a very airy DTL vape to a restrictive DTL vape so well done there. The top cap o-rings are good and it’s easy to pop off and on.

It comes with 1 standard 810 friction fit clear (likely PMMA) drip tip and 1 standard 810 friction fit resin drip tip. I’m glad they included 2 options. Other 810 tips I used both friction fit and o-ring ones fit good as well. The resin drip tip you get depends on the color option. The SS comes with a blue one and looks nice. They is no 510 adapter though so can't use a 510 on it unless you already have an adapter. The Drip tip fits very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. The quality on the Wotofo Profile is overall good. The o-rings for the top cap onto the base feel right and the top cap is snug but not tight. Very easy to take apart with no issues. The AFC is somewhat easy to adjust but could have benefitted from some knurling and is hard to see, the o-rings fit just right and everything is nicely done. The post screws are good quality as well (which has been an issue with them in the past) and 2 spare screws are included (both flat head/phillips combo screws). It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well.

The juice well is a good size. Considering the height of the air holes with the top cap on i consider it to be pretty large. With the mesh your cotton will take all of it up, but with a regular coil there is spare room as less cotton is needed. The over squonk protection and Over drip protection is pretty good. The side airflow is high enough up that it doesn't cause any issues leaking when dripping or squonking. I only used it as a dripper as i’m not currently working on a review for any squonk mods but i did put it on a squonk mod just to test it real quick and it worked well. As a dripper you can drip right down the drip tip without taking off the top cap.

It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. The deck is for a 22mm RDA though and the top cap is just extra thick which is nice much like the recurve RDA they made prior to this. Accessory wise, There is plenty of spare o-rings and 2 spare post screws,1 allen wrench, 1 coil wrapping tool, no 510 tip adapter, 1 standard coil and 2 mesh coils, 1 piece of cotton, 2 spare springs, and the 2 drip tips. Good amount of accessories overall. The only thing I feel missing would be some more cotton and a 510 adapter but not a big deal. The coils do come labeled which is great. All manufacturers should do this. The standard coil is a Ni80 framed staple clapton according to the label made of ni80 28+38x9+28+36 3mm ID 5 wraps .33 ohms. The mesh coils are KA1 16x6.8mm .18 ohm good for 45-65 watts ( I liked it at 55-60 watts personally so good rating. Branding is very simple and nice. Just the Profile logo engraved in matching color (on the SS version at least) on one side between the air holes Very nice there and it’s engraved in a matching color according to pics on the gold, SS, black, and rainbow so doesn't stand out too much except on the gunmetal and blue where the logo is white.

Pros:
  • 2 Standard 810 drip tips (resin and clear)
  • standard 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • 6 Color Options
  • good quality phillips/flat head combo screws with spares
  • Good over squonk protection
  • works well as a dripper or squonker
  • good flavor for a mesh RDA
  • good flavor with a large fancy build
  • good size juice well
  • good build quality
  • nice looks, not overly branded
  • build deck is excellent and easy to build on
  • Price point (under 30 USD)
  • included coils are clearly labeled and cotton is included
  • spring loaded ceramic plate makes wicking mesh easy
Cons:
  • really bets used for mesh (better options for a single coil RDA out there)
  • AFC is hard to see and needed some grip on it
  • no 510 tip adapter
  • should have included 1 more piece of cotton
  • blue and gunmetal logos stand out too much
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one leans towards the yes. If you are looking for a mesh RDA this is the best one i’ve used so far overall as far as flavor, ease of build and ease of wicking so this is the one to get which is why it leans towards the yes. It’s also good enough as a single coil RDA but if you aren’t planning to use mesh there are better options out there and better to but an RDA not made for mesh. I’ll be adding this to my list of recs linked down below since it’s the best mesh RDA but still isn’t as good as just using better single coil RDAs with nice fancy builds overall.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Wotofo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread