anti depresants and ecig info? help

Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Element

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
Ohio
www.myspace.com
hi. does anybody have any good links or info aboubt using ecigs on anti depressants? my mother has lung cancer and i wld like to get her something easy to use like a kr8081-d. wld be easy for her. shes still smoking cigs. she puffs on mine here n there but the 510 and my silver bullet at 6v are a little much for her lol! but im worried about the side affects with the anti depressants. any info would be appreciated!!!!!! thanks

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
hi. does anybody have any good links or info aboubt using ecigs on anti depressants? my mother has lung cancer and i wld like to get her something easy to use like a kr8081-d. wld be easy for her. shes still smoking cigs. she puffs on mine here n there but the 510 and my silver bullet at 6v are a little much for her lol! but im worried about the side affects with the anti depressants. any info would be appreciated!!!!!! thanks

If she is smoking cigs the ecig will do her no harm. The only ingrediant that is not in the cigs is the PG or VG and that will not affect her meds (as far as anyone knows...)

itsmyyear

Jan 3, 2010
Buffalo
I take effexor (antidepressant) and have been vaping for a month with no side effects. I find that it has actually HELPED my moods...I am much more "content" now without many ups and downs. I don't know of any reactions between antidepressants and nicotine- but since she is on a lot of meds, I would definitely check with the dr. to be safe- but I would imagine it HAS to be better for her than all the myriad of stuff thats in analogs!

I cant get what you are saying?
your mother has Lung Cancer?
Still she smokes? and you allow it?
And who is taking antidepressant(s)?
Does her doctor knows that she still smokes?

5th Element

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I cant get what you are saying?
your mother has Lung Cancer?
Still she smokes? and you allow it?
And who is taking antidepressant(s)?
Does her doctor knows that she still smokes?

yes my mother has lung cancer and she still smokes. shes 53 yrs old, i cant make her quit smoking. her doctor knows aswell. and she is on anti depressants and other meds and was looking for info aboubt ecigs and anti depressants because i have seen things were they say do not mix because of side efffects

@5th Element: Try to help help her quit smoking,this is what I can say.
No controlled trial has been done with antidepressants and e-cig till now.But you can help her to quit giving e-cig,thats it.
Its obvious that you,like everyone love your mother.God bless you and may God give her a long functional life.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
on my yetti 510 kit, it doent say much, but it does say dont use while on anti-depresants! idk i still feel even if its not 100% safe but its still better than smoking a cigarette!

There is no way any ecig producer would put this sort of contra-indication info on an ecig box. That would be making drug claims.

Most antideps are seretonin drugs, and nic should not have a significant influence on them. Lots of people who take antideps also smoke. Not to say switching to ecigs might not be a strong effect, and there are a lot of initial nic withdrawal symptoms which can be pretty dramatic. But there should not be an interaction with most antideps, especially if she is smoking now anyway.

logbas34

Feb 1, 2010
louisville
well first off you need to explain the medications she is taking then do a simple search online and look up what the mode of action is. (medical jargon) if one or more of these medications affects the nicotinic acytlcholine receptors, or maybe the beta-1,2 receptors. the reason I say that is sure she might smoke but some of these e-liquids are really strong and maybe it could exaggerate a condition brought upon by the antidepressants, such as high blood pressure or heart rate. as far as the pg or VG, I wouldn't worry about that at all I don't believe they have a pharmacological action on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread