Anti-Vape puppet commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Have any of you guys seen those ridiculous puppet commercials that are telling people how bad vaping is?? Those have got to be the stupidest commercials I have ever seen in my life (and I am old) ..... The first time I saw them was tonight on TV .... They are stating that if you vape you are getting 4 times the nicotine that you are getting from smoking :rolleyes:..... A different commercial was stating that if you vape that you have a 10 times more chance of picking up the smoking habit. I laughed my .... off just watching the ......ed things.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    upload_2019-3-17_17-37-23.png

Ooops Typo!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I need to see one. I miss the Muppets desperately.

Is it a commercial or a PSA? I mean, aren't PSAs suppose to have some legitimacy kind of like how all the worst smear ads are like "funded by blah blah blah in support of Hillary Satan...." etc.....

Oh never mind. I already know the answer. It makes no difference.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    How is that EVEN????? Is like, that supposed to be vape or something? Is he puking on her because he's drunk, but vaping has weakened his immune system?

Why is the puppet questioning its realness? This turns it into a meta-puppet, and that is JUST NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. EVER.

I'm sorry, but like, were they afraid to show that much puke on TV? Was it supposed to be vape only the couldn't find a cloud chaser capable of that much vape?

Vaping weakens your immune system WHUT?

I can't even.... It's so dada I can't even take it seriously enough to get angry, honestly. I mean, I disapprove that it is about VAPING, but otherwise, I tend to approve of things SO LUDICROUS they reach the status of "art." This one comes dangerously close.

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Is it really big tobacco behind this?

Folks, the outside world has discovered there is a new scurge being thrust upon the youth of America called 'the vaping industry'. This thing called vaping has developed a life of its own. With that comes a reputation that people are inhaling toxic chemicals from devices that explode and innocent kids are being lured into a lifetime of nicotine addiction.

Now is big tobacco going to come to the aid of vaping companies? Certainly not. No more than big oil is going to side with the coal companies. They're happy to sit on the sidelines watching this "puppet show" and laughing about it.

When a coworker who knows I vape came to me concerned he caught his 15 year old kid with a vape device, his initial comment was how those things are worse than cigarettes and he hates the thought of laying in bed at night when suddenly "POW!!" his kids hooka explodes taking out the dog, the cat, and his little sister. He says "I wish he'd just smoke, or dip like me"....

I asked "did you dip at 14?" "Well yeah" he says "but that's not the point". I asked "what is the point then." He replied "well my friends on facebook say those things are dangerous"....

All three of my wife's boy decided to smoke cigarettes when they became of age. My two boys decided not to. At Christmas my boys gave her boys gift cards from a local vape shop for juice for the pods Mrs. States and I gave them back in the summer. See, we educated all 5 on the good and (potential) bad of vaping tools and let them make their own choices.

Education begins at the dining room table. The world outside your home bombards people with tons of falseness, looking to shape public policy. If more people could put aside the personal things for an hour a day and just talk to each other, life outside the home would still bombard everyone with falsehoods. Yet more people would be aware of that and be more able to discern nonsense from reality.

Even my non-smoking boys know the "Truth" ads tell the real story about as much as politicians looking to control our lives are actually in it "for the children". When we watch a video and a truth ad pop up they roll their eyes and comment "more lies by truth".

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Truth is an organization funded by BT blood money, as far as I know.

Whenever I see a truth ad I think of the one that says, "We can end smoking in our generation." It was actually TRUE when they ran the smoking/vaping teen numbers.

So now, they are almost entirely fixated on teen VAPING. I can't think of an add recently that mentions smoking unless it is being favorably compared to vaping.

I think it's one of those "Front" things "funded by" so they can lie about the matter.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread