The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anti-Vape puppet commercials

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by AXIOM_1, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 6, 2015
    my own mind
    Have any of you guys seen those ridiculous puppet commercials that are telling people how bad vaping is?? Those have got to be the stupidest commercials I have ever seen in my life (and I am old) ..... The first time I saw them was tonight on TV .... They are stating that if you vape you are getting 4 times the nicotine that you are getting from smoking :rolleyes:..... A different commercial was stating that if you vape that you have a 10 times more chance of picking up the smoking habit. I laughed my butt off just watching the retarded things.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Murica?

• Like Like x 1
  3. AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 6, 2015
    my own mind
    yeah American anti-vaping commercials that use puppets to talk about how bad vaping is.

• Like Like x 3
  4. brewbear

brewbear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2017
    They don't mention whose puppets they are......

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. vimagreg

vimagreg Super Member

Feb 9, 2019
    That's simply one of the most absurd cases of tobacco lobbying trying their best to stop someone capable to kill them. Seriously, trying to forbidden vaping and say nothing about smoking is simply stupid beyond any acknowledgement.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    One puppet controlling another.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. greek mule

greek mule Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    upload_2019-3-17_17-37-23.png
    Ooops Typo!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I need to see one. I miss the Muppets desperately.

Is it a commercial or a PSA? I mean, aren't PSAs suppose to have some legitimacy kind of like how all the worst smear ads are like "funded by blah blah blah in support of Hillary Satan...." etc.....

Oh never mind. I already know the answer. It makes no difference.

Anna

• Like Like x 5
  9. Morgan_Drury

Morgan_Drury Senior Member

Dec 5, 2018

The propaganda is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SW VA
    "Comments are disabled for this video."

But down-votes are not. ;)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    @Morgan_Drury
    I merged your thread with the other one on this

• Like Like x 6
  12. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    How is that EVEN????? Is like, that supposed to be vape or something? Is he puking on her because he's drunk, but vaping has weakened his immune system?

Why is the puppet questioning its realness? This turns it into a meta-puppet, and that is JUST NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. EVER.

I'm sorry, but like, were they afraid to show that much puke on TV? Was it supposed to be vape only the couldn't find a cloud chaser capable of that much vape?

Vaping weakens your immune system WHUT?

I can't even.... It's so dada I can't even take it seriously enough to get angry, honestly. I mean, I disapprove that it is about VAPING, but otherwise, I tend to approve of things SO LUDICROUS they reach the status of "art." This one comes dangerously close.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Is it really big tobacco behind this?

Folks, the outside world has discovered there is a new scurge being thrust upon the youth of America called 'the vaping industry'. This thing called vaping has developed a life of its own. With that comes a reputation that people are inhaling toxic chemicals from devices that explode and innocent kids are being lured into a lifetime of nicotine addiction.

Now is big tobacco going to come to the aid of vaping companies? Certainly not. No more than big oil is going to side with the coal companies. They're happy to sit on the sidelines watching this "puppet show" and laughing about it.

When a coworker who knows I vape came to me concerned he caught his 15 year old kid with a vape device, his initial comment was how those things are worse than cigarettes and he hates the thought of laying in bed at night when suddenly "POW!!" his kids hooka explodes taking out the dog, the cat, and his little sister. He says "I wish he'd just smoke, or dip like me"....

I asked "did you dip at 14?" "Well yeah" he says "but that's not the point". I asked "what is the point then." He replied "well my friends on facebook say those things are dangerous"....

All three of my wife's boy decided to smoke cigarettes when they became of age. My two boys decided not to. At Christmas my boys gave her boys gift cards from a local vape shop for juice for the pods Mrs. States and I gave them back in the summer. See, we educated all 5 on the good and (potential) bad of vaping tools and let them make their own choices.

Education begins at the dining room table. The world outside your home bombards people with tons of falseness, looking to shape public policy. If more people could put aside the personal things for an hour a day and just talk to each other, life outside the home would still bombard everyone with falsehoods. Yet more people would be aware of that and be more able to discern nonsense from reality.

Even my non-smoking boys know the "Truth" ads tell the real story about as much as politicians looking to control our lives are actually in it "for the children". When we watch a video and a truth ad pop up they roll their eyes and comment "more lies by truth".

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. OldBatty

OldBatty Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    This help?
    blob.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Truth is an organization funded by BT blood money, as far as I know.

Whenever I see a truth ad I think of the one that says, "We can end smoking in our generation." It was actually TRUE when they ran the smoking/vaping teen numbers.

So now, they are almost entirely fixated on teen VAPING. I can't think of an add recently that mentions smoking unless it is being favorably compared to vaping.

I think it's one of those "Front" things "funded by" so they can lie about the matter.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  16. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    These guys have antismoking vids too. "Twinkle Twinkle" was actually kinda funny. Soooo who's funding these guys? Or is it a bunch of folks, hanging out and figuring which group they can put down today?

• Like Like x 2
  17. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Black Market? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I like the one with the worms growing out of humans' skin better. I tried that, just to scare some of the neighborhood kids out of my yard.

It didn't work. No worms grew, or I'd have had the little creeps scramblin'. o_O

• Funny Funny x 6
  18. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Hey, good muppets don't let other muppets vape. As long as they stop selling all this vape stuff to all muppets, I'm good with it. I mean, you don't even have to worry about ID. If they look like a muppet toss them out. Might violate some sort of anti-discrimination law though.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SW VA
    "Nicotine Madness".

The trouble is, lying to youngsters didn't work when Anslinger tried it, and it won't work now either.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. icepickmaker84

icepickmaker84 Super Member

Feb 7, 2019
    Indiana
    These anti vape commercials are a joke. Too bad there aren’t commercials warning kids not to chug liquor and chase it with prescription meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.