Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
nicotine in small doses can affect the system in a a way as to increase awareness but in higher doses it can cause a more calming effect, in even higher doses ( close to nic sic levels) it can increase anxiety... I know someone on colonipin? spelling??? and when she does hi nic juices she wigs out... as long as she stays below 18nic shes good to go...

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I don't really understand vg/pg can i just buy the pg and add it to my liquid?

Sure, but the flavor will suffer. Get some of the lower nic level of whatever juice and blend them.

VG is vegetable glycerin and is believed to not deliver nicotine as well as PG; propylene glycol. VG also increases vapor and is an alternative to those who suffer from PG allergies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Simplest thing is to slowly reduce your nic levels.
    Slowly is key because it allows you time to adjust to the lower level and not miss the HIT so much.
    My last 6 years before switching were stressers. 12hr shifts with (2) 15 minute breaks and a 40 minute lunch. Very little time to get a decent nic hit. Heavy puffing/chain vaping on breaks.
    I have successfully dropped from 18mg to 3mg in 21 months. Easing down and not rushing myself.

cocoloco

ECF Veteran
    Jul 10, 2013
    Colorado
    The typical e-liquid is made from a blend of Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG). The PG gives you the “throat hit” that a smoker looks for. The VG creates the vapor cloud. Water, nicotine (optional) and flavorings are then added to suit the vaper’s preferences. Both PG and VG are found in processed foods and are considered harmless. The blend percentages are commonly changed depending on preference.

Buying pre-mixed e-liquid blend (widely available) is probably best for new vapers. Or if you have a local B&M, they could do a custom mix for you.

If you're into DIY already, then I would consult someone with experience (you'll probably find tons of folks who DIY here) before attempting that. I'm not sure of the effects on flavors, as someone has already mentioned.

tmel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2013
    Denver, CO
    You could also try adding some TFA Koolada to your liquid, it adds throat hit without flavor.

TFA - Koolada (Sold Out) - MyFreedomSmokes.com
    Description

The Flavor Apprentice Koolada - DIY E-Liquid Flavoring

It is also known as "W3" Koolada is used specifically to give that "cold" feeling at the back of the mouth.
    It does not really have a 'taste', but it can be used in conjunction with menthol.
    try using 4 drops per 4ml of eliquid.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    hi im two months non smoker and when i vape high nic my anxiety levels go sky high wondering if its the nic i suffer from anxiety which im on medication for but when i lower it it seems okay but then i dont get the throat hit anyone have any ideas.

What level of Nicotine do you find that your Anxiety is OK with? And what PG to VG are your current e-Liquids. And how long have you been off Cigarettes?

Many people find that as they Lower their Nicotine, they like to Increase the PG Percentage to try and maintain the Same Amount of TH.

All that said, if you can't find a Simply Solution, or if your Anxiety Levels Change or don't Stabilize, please make an Appointment to see your Doctor.

jackie38

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 3, 2014
    manchester uk
    What level of Nicotine do you find that your Anxiety is OK with? And what PG to VG are your current e-Liquids. And how long have you been off Cigarettes?

Many people find that as they Lower their Nicotine, they like to Increase the PG Percentage to try and maintain the Same Amount of TH.

All that said, if you can't find a Simply Solution, or if your Anxiety Levels Change or don't Stabilize, please make an Appointment to see your Doctor.
    my e liquid is already made up but it does not say what percentage the pg/vg is,ihave been vapeing 24mg ive not smoked for two months but recently the anxiety has got worse i think its the nic when i try 16mg it seems okay but then i do not get the th just been on e bay you can get 10mg of pg 50/50 would that do

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    My anxiety hit at about 2 months...my "running around like a headless chicken" period. I was a very heavy 40+ year chain smoker so I started at 24mg of nic. I slowly cut back my nic and lowered me caffeine and sugar intake.,,plus ate batter to balance my blood sugar I guess.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but during this period I did a lot of researching. I remember reading that, since your liver is no longer processing all of the chemicals in cigarette smoke, it begins to process caffeine and sugar (and everything else) differently. Hey, it made sense at the time. So just getting everything in balance with my new and improved liver seemed to do the trick. It took a couple of weeks, but I got it all under control.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    my e liquid is already made up but it does not say what percentage the pg/vg is,ihave been vapeing 24mg ive not smoked for two months but recently the anxiety has got worse i think its the nic when i try 16mg it seems okay but then i do not get the th just been on e bay you can get 10mg of pg 50/50 would that do

It's hard to say if there is No PG or VG Percentages on your 24mg/ml or 16mg/ml e-Liquids. 50%PG to 50%VG is a Very Common Ratio. And It wouldn't surprise me if that is what you have Right Now.

2 Months without a Cigarette is Great. Congratulations

I would Suggest you consider doing a couple of Things.

Since 16 seems to be OK, I would Try getting ahold of some 16mg/ml or 18mg/ml e-Liquids in 70%PG | 30%VG. Or maybe even 16mg in 80% PG | 20%VG. Most people will tell you that 100% is just Too Harsh. That a Little Vg is needed to take the Edge off.

I would also Suggest Drinking a Lot of Water. Using an e-Cigarette tend to Dry you Out. And Drinking Water is Good for Anyone.

And the Other thing is I would Suggest going to your Doctor and telling Him/Her Exactly how you Feel. And what seems to be Working. And what is Not Working so well.

Maybe the Change from Cigarettes to e-Cigarettes has had an effect on your Medication?

jackie38

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 3, 2014
    manchester uk
    It's hard to say if there is No PG or VG Percentages on your 24mg/ml or 16mg/ml e-Liquids. 50%PG to 50%VG is a Very Common Ratio. And It wouldn't surprise me if that is what you have Right Now.

2 Months without a Cigarette is Great. Congratulations

I would Suggest you consider doing a couple of Things.

Since 16 seems to be OK, I would Try getting ahold of some 16mg/ml or 18mg/ml e-Liquids in 70%PG | 30%VG. Or maybe even 16mg in 80% PG | 20%VG. Most people will tell you that 100% is just Too Harsh. That a Little Vg is needed to take the Edge off.

I would also Suggest Drinking a Lot of Water. Using an e-Cigarette tend to Dry you Out. And Drinking Water is Good for Anyone.

And the Other thing is I would Suggest going to your Doctor and telling Him/Her Exactly how you Feel. And what seems to be Working. And what is Not Working so well.

Maybe the Change from Cigarettes to e-Cigarettes has had an effect on your Medication?
    Thanks will try what you sugestested

chuckie

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    miami fl USA
    My anxiety hit at about 2 months...my "running around like a headless chicken" period. I was a very heavy 40+ year chain smoker so I started at 24mg of nic. I slowly cut back my nic and lowered me caffeine and sugar intake.,,plus ate batter to balance my blood sugar I guess.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but during this period I did a lot of researching. I remember reading that, since your liver is no longer processing all of the chemicals in cigarette smoke, it begins to process caffeine and sugar (and everything else) differently. Hey, it made sense at the time. So just getting everything in balance with my new and improved liver seemed to do the trick. It took a couple of weeks, but I got it all under control.
    I Agree with the above advice.After over 5 years of vaping I started having anxiety issues.Raised and lowered the nic. and the pg/vg ratios,none of it mattered.I cut out the sugars and took minerals and vitamins.In about a month I was back to normal.I try to avoid the doctors here since the U.S medical business is the leading cause of death in this country.Wish you the best,let us know if you have any luck.

jackie38

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 3, 2014
    manchester uk
    I Agree with the above advice.After over 5 years of vaping I started having anxiety issues.Raised and lowered the nic. and the pg/vg ratios,none of it mattered.I cut out the sugars and took minerals and vitamins.In about a month I was back to normal.I try to avoid the doctors here since the U.S medical business is the leading cause of death in this country.Wish you the best,let us know if you have any luck.
    thanks i dont eat a lot of sugary things anyway but need to drink water as i dont drink it because i cant stand it unless its in cordial but i dont know if its the same as drinking it on its own i bet everyone thinks im thick lol

Berylanna

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    south Bay Area, California
    www.facebook.com
    I got anxiety before I got satisfaction with e-cigs. I found out that tobacco has other active ingredients besides nicotine, one or more of which is a very powerful calming agent. So I started gettting WTA (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids) which also contains 4 of the other ingredients from Tobacco. It's controversial and more expensive, and does not give throat hit, but I found I vape much shorter time than before with just nic, so I'm getting less nic for the same "ahhhhh" feel. In fact, without WTA, I never got that "aaaaaah" that I get with combustibles. With combustibles, I get it on the first hit. With e-cigs, I get it after about 10 minutes.

I do not suggest trying WTA without reading up on it so you know what you're getting into.

However, if you're good with 16 mg (I'm not) then trying a similar flavor from a vendor that DOES label what is in it, at 80/20 pg/vg, as people said above, should improve your TH. I use 70/30, I get OK but not great TH, but if I go to 80/20 then the amount of vapor disappoints me a little bit. The usual cliche rule-of-thumb I usually see is: PG: flavor, TH VG: vapor (PG also gives vapor and VG also gives flavor but we're talking about what they are the BEST at.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread