Anxiously Awaiting Delivery - Atty Break-In Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongorian

Jun 24, 2010
Arizona
Hello all - 1st post here.

My wife and I are very anxiously awaiting the delivery of our very first PVs. Neither of us are new to "vaping", but our experiences thus far have been entirely based on _herbal_ vaporization :D, never liquid of any kind.

We decided to give PVs (really don't like the name e-cig) a try as we are trying to save some money on tobacco taxes (here in AZ - almost as bad as NY), and [of course] we are trying to get off of the ol' cancer sticks.

I've been hanging around this site - and FC - for 2-3 weeks now, trying to learn as much as I can about this realm so that I can make an informed, intelligent purchase my first time around. So... let me start by THANKING all of you out here who have put SO MUCH time & effort into helping all us noobies out.

That said... the initial puchaseS have already been made, and the vapes are arriving today (WHOO-HOO!). So, I thought it was about time I setup an account of my own here and see what everyone thinks of my purchase choices. Here is what we ended up with...

From ProVape (arriving today)...
2x ProVape PV1 base kits w/ 901 adapters (1 black, 1 blue)
2x 510 adapters
4x AW high-perf batteries
2x PV batt. chargers
10x 901 attys
10x 901 refill carts
2x 510 attys
2x 510 LR attys
10x 510 refill carts
1x 510 cartomizers (5 pack)
1x 510 LR cartomizers (5 pack)

From Johnson Creek (arriving tomorrow)...
1x Red Oak Welcome to E-Smoking Kit
1x 15mL Red Oak Domestic
1x 15mL Red Oak Tennessee Cured
1x 15mL Red Oak Island

From Alien Visions E-juice (already arrived - FAST shipping)...
1x 12mL Boba's Bounty
1x 12mL Flue Cured
1x 12mL 555

From Super-T Manufacturing (already arrived)...
2x T-Tip Drip Tips

... so, sure you all can see why I'm so anxious for USPS to swiftly complete their appointed rounds today.

I did have one question while I'm here though. I'm sure there are other threads out there on this already, but I'm going to ask it anyway in the hopes that I'll get a short easy answer.

I've read about breaking in attys being a bit of a PITA. What is the best (easiest) procedure to follow when starting to use a brand-new atty?

Thanks again, all...

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Wow that is some starter order.
Anyway to break in the atty. I blow out the yacky tasting stuff they ship them with onto a paper towel. Blow through the battery end onto paper towel till no more comes out and then drip about 2-3 drops of nic juice in the bridge of the atty. Don't inhale the first few puffs it will probably be nasty and then once you taste juice flavor and not nastiness your all good . That is just how I do it, you will probably get a lot more responses that are better explanations.

Sprizzle

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Near Chicago, IL
There will be some carry over flavor when you switch, but it is not necessary to use a new atty for every flavor. If you ever get a strong flavor (such as cinnamon) I would dedicate one atty to that flavor, since it tends to linger for a very long time.

Before I switch to a new flavor, I put a few drops of VG on the atty and take a few drags without inhaling (although you could inhale if you wanted to) and that seems to clear the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread