Any alternatives to PG and VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
E-cigarettes have an history of 3 or 4 years I guess. So I don't think it is wise to claim VG and PG to be totally harmless. No one knows about their long term effects when inhaled. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Actually, people have been inhaling vaporized pg for a very long time, over 100 years, in theatrical fog. Vg, too, has a long history although not as long as pg. Both substances have had a lot of clinical study done with them on the inhalation front. Confidence is quite high that, unless you're allergic or asthmatic, these substances are generally safe to inhale, even in the long term. (Vg can produce a toxic substance if heated beyond a certain temperature, but most attys don't get that hot.)

The only component of juice that hasn't been well studied and established to be reasonably safe is the flavorings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cincikid

Sellaman

ECF Veteran
So we can say that PG at least is safe to be inhaled -almost for sure. I wish it was VG which we were talking about. I hate the taste of PG.

Yes, I hate the tast of PG too but it seems that is all I am able to vape. VG makes me dizzy.

I'm only new to vaping and I have ordered unflavored PG with nicotine in it and I will add some (Flavor drops) flavors from Capella to my PG , so I hope that fixes my problems and that it will give me a satisfying vape.

But as you said in your first post....Is there an alternative to either PG or VG?
Well , I will be looking out for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread