any bottom fed DNA 40 based mod that you can buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
There has got to be more of a market for a good regulated bottom feeder. We can't be the only ones! Whats it gonna take to have someone crank these out? Seriously, who do we have to yell at to take out money?!?!?!
Been wondering the same. There's a guy in Italy that makes nice looking 60 watt wood bf boxes but not sure how much I trust myself with wood mods.
[emoji20]

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
It is funny that no one is hearing the pleas for a regulated Bottom Feeder & bringing one to market.
I have built a few with help from the first link I posted. a DNA40 BF'er is a wonderful Thing :)

Been wondering the same. There's a guy in Italy that makes nice looking 60 watt wood bf boxes but not sure how much I trust myself with wood mods.
[emoji20]

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The main problem with a regulated "anything" device is that the electronics fail. Some sooner than others... If you look at the track record of DNA's they haven't been very good at all. In every release, within a couple weeks there are a ton of failing boards. The DNA40 has been the worst offender to date. I do realize that Evolv has pretty much made good on all the problematic boards, but still, if I'm going to pay good money for a device it better work. It better work properly from the start and keep working. I don't want the hassle of having to send the product back, or disassembling the unit to send back a board, or any down time with it at all... I want to be able to vape my device daily and without worrry. With a REO Grand I can do this. No questions asked... If one is proficient in coil wrapping and overall build of their atty's there is no such need for regulation at all. To "me", its just a waste of money and the burden of worrying of "when" the electronics are going to fail... And we all know they are going to fail, its a known fact... No such worries with my REO Grand though....just saying...

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The Dna's have had some failures I will admit, But no were near what your making it sound like!!
Most mods today are regulated by far, just not BF'ers. Mec mods are yesterdays news IMO
Some one will see the hole in the market and produce a regulated BF'er and IMO it will sell real well

The main problem with a regulated "anything" device is that the electronics fail. Some sooner than others... If you look at the track record of DNA's they haven't been very good at all. In every release, within a couple weeks there are a ton of failing boards. The DNA40 has been the worst offender to date. I do realize that Evolv has pretty much made good on all the problematic boards, but still, if I'm going to pay good money for a device it better work. It better work properly from the start and keep working. I don't want the hassle of having to send the product back, or disassembling the unit to send back a board, or any down time with it at all... I want to be able to vape my device daily and without worrry. With a REO Grand I can do this. No questions asked... If one is proficient in coil wrapping and overall build of their atty's there is no such need for regulation at all. To "me", its just a waste of money and the burden of worrying of "when" the electronics are going to fail... And we all know they are going to fail, its a known fact... No such worries with my REO Grand though....just saying...

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
You make great points for mech mods. When well built like a REO they just plain work and all electronics will one day fail. It's no wonder the REO VV is no longer produced.

Just before getting my first REO a few months back, I had gotten spoiled with regulated boxes and the consistent output. I compensate by changing batteries often, most times at 3.9 volts.
The other thing that I'm struggling with is arcing with my subohm REO builds but that's of course a whole other issue. No amount of cleaning, noalox, or deoxit seems to be able to stop it completely.
[emoji20]

N rustica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
IMG_0292.jpg
The Firebox Squonker II on the left is far from a DNA 40 but is available today. I received it a couple of days ago and at first I wasn't sure, but it is growing on me. I got it shipped to the US for less than $90, the adjustable airflow atty that came with it is okay, but I like the cyclone better. It feels real good in my hand, is VERY heavy. I like the middle finger fire button the more I use it, at first I thought the button seemed flimsy. I also like pinching both sides of the bottle with my non vape hand. If I don't break it within 3 months, I will be more than happy with this impulse buy. The rubber finish is also nice but easy to scuff off. It only seems to fire at 1.5ohm or above.

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Unless VF has made some major changes to the Flask, that thing is gonna be a pain to get the bottle out of for refills or cleaning. When it comes to ease of doing that, the pdib/gdeal style mod, where the topcap comes straight off and the bottle comes with it, is simply unbeatable. Even a REO is cumbersome by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread