Any chance PS will carry a battery pack for use with the PT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yirabeth

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
The Kensington power pack is highly recommended here -- I have one too, and like it a lot. I'm a heavy vaper, and it lasts me from the time I get up til the time I go to bed at night, with power left - but I plug it in, anyway, no sense in running out the next day! (I could EASILY go through 6+ 901 batteries in a day...)

Best buy has it here - Kensington - Portable Power Pack for Select Mobile Devices - Black - K38021

They DO go on sale a lot though so if you can wait until it does that would be cheaper. I paid $39.99 + shipping for a total of $42.39, thus saving myself $20 (might need that for extra juice or atomizers etc!)

~Yira

nomochokes

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
USA
I have recommended the Kensington power pack numerous times in the past. I have had one for about 3 months now and it always performs well and last all day. I very seldom use batteries anymore because this works so well for me.

As mentioned earlier they can be purchased at Best Buy and go on sale often for $39.99. You really can't go wrong with this product if you use a passthrough. Check Best Buy's website on Sunday's. Just type in "Kensington power pack" in their search field and it will take you right to it. Thats usually the day they make their price adjustments.

Get one (on sale if possible) and enjoy!:)

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I have an APC mobile power pack and like it alot input for the kinsington is the same but output on the apc is .1A greater. I also picked it up for 20 bucks brand new on e-bay.

Thanks addhyperactive. I just went to ebay and got one. Now I'll have both the Kensington and the APC mobile power pack. A friend is needing one so I may give her one of these.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Let me know if you can tell a difference between those two, I am curious if there is a difference.

I will. I'm ordering quite a few items just for that purpose, plus when DH retires, I'll have most of the items I'll need. Affording all this stuff on retirement income would be difficult.

One thing I'm really looking forward to comparing is the SD and the Prodigy. I have a feeling I'll like them both. I have the SD now and love it. Looking forward to getting the Prodigy.

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
I will. I'm ordering quite a few items just for that purpose, plus when DH retires, I'll have most of the items I'll need. Affording all this stuff on retirement income would be difficult.

One thing I'm really looking forward to comparing is the SD and the Prodigy. I have a feeling I'll like them both. I have the SD now and love it. Looking forward to getting the Prodigy.

different machines with different voltages and from what ive i can attest too the prodigy is damn good at its job (higher voltage well built vaper)...
and from what ive heard the SD is damn good at what it does too which is a lower voltage longer battery model...im sure both are built to last a long time and will compliment one another.
The only thing that ive read that really concerns me about the SD is ive heard it uses unprotected batterys which to some may be a great concern and too other not so much i guess it boils down to how you feel about those type of batteries.
combovan

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
different machines with different voltages and from what ive i can attest too the prodigy is damn good at its job (higher voltage well built vaper)...
and from what ive heard the SD is damn good at what it does too which is a lower voltage longer battery model...im sure both are built to last a long time and will compliment one another.
The only thing that ive read that really concerns me about the SD is ive heard it uses unprotected batterys which to some may be a great concern and too other not so much i guess it boils down to how you feel about those type of batteries.
combovan
From posts I've read, I'm leary of unprotected batteries-I've also heard some horror stories from friends using them in other apps than ecigs,scary!!

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
I wouldn't be afraid to use unprotected batteries as long as I had a protected charger. Overcharging is what is dangerous. Over-discharging can ruin the battery, but won't cause it to explode or catch fire. You just have to change batteries as soon as they show signs of weakening and you won't over-discharge.

In a sense, no LI-ion battery is actually "protected". Not internally, anyway. The so-called protected batteries have a protection circuit PCB attached to one end and a wire that runs to the other end. This is usually all covered by a plastic sheath so the end user can't tell without looking closely. With unprotected batteries, the same protection circuit is built in to the charger, so there is still protection against overcharging. The only real advantage to protected batteries is protection from over-discharging.

Edit: I guess there is a danger if you use the unprotected batteries with the wrong charger, but assuming you have the correct one I still wouldn't be afraid to use them.

TT33

Last edited:

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
combovan

The SD can surely use protected batteries right here and they fit perfectly.
So I don't know why Trog hides the fact that they don't work.
DealExtreme: $5.08 Ultrafire 3.6V 880mAh LC 16340 Protected CR123A Battery 2-Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread