RDA Any decent single coil RDA's for BF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
+1 for the SXK Hadaly clone on FT.

My only complaint is the top cap fits to snug and is nary impossible to get on/off. No whistling!

That is exactly the same problem I had with my SXK clone. I think I posted about it in the clone thread. I ended up spinning the cap on my cordless drill and applying some emery cloth to the inside followed by some polishing compound. Seems to be a bit better now.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Hoosiermo

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2014
Indiana
I just received the notoy RDA by noname mods. I think the posts could hold some Clapton wire pretty easily, the airflow options are great, and it's certainly a reduced chamber. I'm new to squonking, but this is as flavorful an rda as I've ever tried. I have an Origen little, and a hadaly on the way so I'll report back how it compares after I've tried the others.
I have an authentic, but 3F has a NoToy 'style' atty for around 10 bucks. 316ss, and unless they used a picture of the authentic, it looks exactly like the 140$ variant.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I just received the notoy RDA by noname mods. I think the posts could hold some Clapton wire pretty easily, the airflow options are great, and it's certainly a reduced chamber. I'm new to squonking, but this is as flavorful an rda as I've ever tried. I have an Origen little, and a hadaly on the way so I'll report back how it compares after I've tried the others.
I have an authentic, but 3F has a NoToy 'style' atty for around 10 bucks. 316ss, and unless they used a picture of the authentic, it looks exactly like the 140$ variant.

I've been wanting to try a NoToy but not wanting to spend the money. I don't mind up to around 100 bucks but beyond that I get squeamish (cheap:)).

I saw the clone at Fast Tech and I figured the pictures were of an authentic, but don't know for sure.

Still interested in your thoughts on the NoToy, as I am also a big fan of the O-little and Hadaly.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been wanting to try a NoToy but not wanting to spend the money. I don't mind up to around 100 bucks but beyond that I get squeamish (cheap:)).

I saw the clone at Fast Tech and I figured the pictures were of an authentic, but don't know for sure.

The Picture vs Title thing on Fasttech kinda Freaked me out. Because they just Don't Match. But I figured for Less than 10 Bucks, I'd Roll the Dice on it.

Mine Shipped Yesterday.

Hoosiermo

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2014
Indiana
The Picture vs Title thing on Fasttech kinda Freaked me out. Because they just Don't Match. But I figured for Less than 10 Bucks, I'd Roll the Dice on it.

Mine Shipped Yesterday.
I can confirm after looking at the picture on 3f again and comparing to the authentic, the 3f photo is not of an authentic. If the clone is near as good as the photo, it'll be worth every penny.
The authentic has a red oring inside the top cap, not black. And the stock drop tip is slightly different on mine.

I think so few people have the NoToy because there are no reviews out on it. The only people who bought it at release were mainly nopity owners who had wished for a smaller single coil, single air version of the nopity.
The taste is as good as good as in any tiny rba, and as good as your could, juice, wick can produce. The atty won't be the issue.

It has air flow from a perfect mtl, up to 3*1.5mm (est) holes. Which can give a satisfying restricted lung hit.
I just recently came back to the safer side, I've been back on the stinkys for almost a year after 2 years solely vaping.

I need a single coil, higher res, high nic, restricted mtl hit, and this atty delivers perfectly.

The airflow on the deck sits up high clear of your feed tube.
Like I said I'm brand new to squonking and I still haven't flooded it more than a tiny drop.
I have a magna from a couple years ago, and its flavor was very impressive at the time, but the air holes suffer from the flat deck area around them where juice will sit. The notoy has very thin walls surrounding the holes so juice isn't allowed to to hang around and puddle up above the airflow. I did find that I was using too much cotton at first on the deck, when I'd squonk the cotton was already taking up so much volume that even a small squonk would rise quickly almost to the top of the airflow. I trimmed the cotton back to where it barely touched the deck, and it's perfect, I can squonk away.
It soaks the wick, leaves a little bit in the deck, and sucks the rest back into my bottle.

Sorry to go on so long, I kept having different thoughts I wanted to share.

Reactions: NGAHaze

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can confirm after looking at the picture on 3f again and comparing to the authentic, the 3f photo is not of an authentic. If the clone is near as good as the photo, it'll be worth every penny.
The authentic has a red oring inside the top cap, not black. And the stock drop tip is slightly different on mine.

I think so few people have the NoToy because there are no reviews out on it. The only people who bought it at release were mainly nopity owners who had wished for a smaller single coil, single air version of the nopity.
The taste is as good as good as in any tiny rba, and as good as your could, juice, wick can produce. The atty won't be the issue.

It has air flow from a perfect mtl, up to 3*1.5mm (est) holes. Which can give a satisfying restricted lung hit.
I just recently came back to the safer side, I've been back on the stinkys for almost a year after 2 years solely vaping.

I need a single coil, higher res, high nic, restricted mtl hit, and this atty delivers perfectly.

The airflow on the deck sits up high clear of your feed tube.
Like I said I'm brand new to squonking and I still haven't flooded it more than a tiny drop.
I have a magna from a couple years ago, and its flavor was very impressive at the time, but the air holes suffer from the flat deck area around them where juice will sit. The notoy has very thin walls surrounding the holes so juice isn't allowed to to hang around and puddle up above the airflow. I did find that I was using too much cotton at first on the deck, when I'd squonk the cotton was already taking up so much volume that even a small squonk would rise quickly almost to the top of the airflow. I trimmed the cotton back to where it barely touched the deck, and it's perfect, I can squonk away.
It soaks the wick, leaves a little bit in the deck, and sucks the rest back into my bottle.

Sorry to go on so long, I kept having different thoughts I wanted to share.

I just Hope FT sent me what is in the Picture. And not something else.

Because when I do a Google Search for a "BF-99 RDA", I get something Very Different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread