Any difference between 510 and 306, 2.0 cartos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
That depends. 510 is the thread style. You can get 306's and 2.0 ohm cartos in a 510 style. These things you are comparing are all different animals and thus like comparing apples and oranges and cherries, they are all 3 different things.. 2.0 is the ohm rating and these work well at lower voltages like a Ego 3.7 volt battery or a Riva 3.7 volt. Cartos and 306 atty's can come in the 2.0 ohm as well as lots of other ohms depending on what voltage you want to use with it as well as many different thread sizes. 306 atties can come in a 510 thread size. ( don't know if they come in other thread sizes or not) here 306 is not a rating of threads as I understand it but the style of atty. 306 atty's have a shorter body with a higher exposed coil. ( made for dripping) Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

With this in mind you may want to rephrase your question.

Last edited:

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
That depends. 510 is the thread style. You can get 306's and 2.0 ohm cartos in a 510 style. These things you are comparing are all different animals and thus like comparing apples and oranges and cherries, they are all 3 different things.. 2.0 is the ohm rating and these work well at lower voltages like a Ego 3.7 volt battery or a Riva 3.7 volt. Cartos and 306 atty's can come in the 2.0 ohm as well as lots of other ohms depending on what voltage you want to use with it as well as many different thread sizes. 306 atties can come in a 510 thread size. ( don't know if they come in other thread sizes or not) here 306 is not a rating of threads as I understand it but the style of atty. 306 atty's have a shorter body with a higher exposed coil. ( made for dripping) Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

With this in mind you may want to rephrase your question.

You can order 510 cartos and 306 cartos, yes they both thread onto a 510 connector. So my question is still the same, what is difference in flavor and vapor, if any? Using 3.7 volt setup. Thanks.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Ahh now that's a slightly different little clearer take on your query. Difference in vapor and flavor I would say is Much. 306's are used generally for dripping though you can use them in a carto with filler. I have tried both and 2.0 cartos because they came with my 3.7 volt Riva.

With any filler type carto you get less flavor. I found using a 306 with a filler type carto the filler can get burned too easily by the heat of the exposed atty making a bad taste. Vapor wise a 306 is much better than a regular 2.0 filler type carto. That's why they call 306's Cannons. So until you get burned filler taste you get both better vapor and taste with a 306. I didn't use the filler carto with the 306 long because of this. The only thing I have found to hit as good as a 306 vapor and taste wise is a regular CE2 type cartridge. Dripping with the 306 is where it's at if you like or can get used to dripping. The first time you drip or use a CE2 it's like you have just had an epiphany - "Oh so that's what the juice is supposed to taste like." To me dripping with a 306 or filter less carto like a CE2 compared to a regular filler type carto is like night and day. Others experiences will be different I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread