Any Drippers out there that take pre made coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I recently upgraded to the Istick 30 and Subtank nano, and kinda want to try out a dripper, but do not want to build coils, check ohms etc. Are there any drippers available that take pre made coils? I guess I can wick if needed, but I'm not ready to jump into coil building yet. And if anyone could explain the benefits of dripping over a tank system, that would be great also :) I know changing flavors without dumping a tank, but any flavor or vapor advantages?

StonyArtichoke

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2015
Urinetown
Yes, there a companies out there that wrap the coils for you and you buy like 10. You should still check the ohms to ensure there isn't a short. And if you aren't already familiar with the safety aspects of rdas then for your own sake educate yourself. Flavor advantages vary depending on atomizer. But as a general rule of thumb the smaller the chamber the better the flavor. Here's a link for some pre made coils.
Pre Made Coils - Wholesale Kanthal Coils – Tradition Vapes, Inc.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
FWIW, you will still need all the tools and kit for building coils EXCEPT for the coil of Kanthal . The only thing premade coils, avoid is the 30 seconds it takes to wrap a coil.
Exactly. Because you still have to mount the coil then check for hot legs and everything and wick it. It's pretty useless buying those coils imo unless you have a medical condition that makes you unable to make a coil. But you know. That is just like my opinion man lol

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Exactly. Because you still have to mount the coil then check for hot legs and everything and wick it. It's pretty useless buying those coils imo unless you have a medical condition that makes you unable to make a coil. But you know. That is just like my opinion man lol
You know, it is very easy for me to make a coil. Takes a minute or so. Plus a minute to get all needed stuff on a table and another minute to put it back in place. So, I am thinking about buying premaid coils with my next order from Fasttech. $3 for 50 coils, 3-4 years supply. All of the same resistance and same quality. Why not to try? Feeding my laziness is a steady and enjoyable hobby.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
You know, it is very easy for me to make a coil. Takes a minute or so. Plus a minute to get all needed stuff on a table and another minute to put it back in place. So, I am thinking about buying premaid coils with my next order from Fasttech. $3 for 50 coils, 3-4 years supply. All of the same resistance and same quality. Why not to try? Feeding my laziness is a steady and enjoyable hobby.
I get that. The main point I intended to make but failed is the pre made coils are no substitute for safe practice. I know you know that but I mean with new vapers. They still will need most of the tools and knowledge. Some people may believe we'll it's pre built so it must be safe. Shops online or BMs usually care more about sells than education and I understand why $$$ lol.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I recently upgraded to the Istick 30 and Subtank nano, and kinda want to try out a dripper, but do not want to build coils, check ohms etc. Are there any drippers available that take pre made coils? I guess I can wick if needed, but I'm not ready to jump into coil building yet. And if anyone could explain the benefits of dripping over a tank system, that would be great also :) I know changing flavors without dumping a tank, but any flavor or vapor advantages?

some tanks can be turned into a dripper of sorts by removing the fog chamber and the chimney tube

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I bet a lot of people use prewrapped coils from FT or ebay. I was pretty frustrated myself this winter when my arthritis was bad. I bought a Coil Master, but I think I bought a clone one because its horrible. So as winter comes around again, I'm going to have to do something :)
Roxy,

You might want to try the "Artistic Coiling Gizmo" (There's a thread here somewhere about adding a wing-nut and washer to make it even easier). Take a look at this post from super_x:
Coil Gizmo from Artistic Wire | E-Cigarette Forum

Get the deluxe model (with 5 rods). Something like this:
Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo(R) Deluxe Winder for Jewelry Making:Amazon:Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Much easier to use than the gizmo's, particularly (I believe) for the arthritic.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Roxy,

You might want to try the "Artistic Coiling Gizmo" (There's a thread here somewhere about adding a wing-nut and washer to make it even easier). Take a look at this post from super_x:
Coil Gizmo from Artistic Wire | E-Cigarette Forum

Get the deluxe model (with 5 rods). Something like this:
Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo(R) Deluxe Winder for Jewelry Making:Amazon:Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Much easier to use than the gizmo's, particularly (I believe) for the arthritic.

This.^^ I love mine and it makes perfectly awesome coils each and every time. And I agree with twg I'm thinking it would be much easier to use than the other options having arthritis my hands "lock up" on me sometimes when trying to use small tools (years of gaming, and a few hits here and there with ball pein hammers at work) and I have no issues with the gizmo. If you do decide to try one though go to the local hardware store after you get it and find a couple of washers and a screw with a wing nut to put in the "dip" of the winding rod, it makes attaching your wire a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread