• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any e liquids that can help with asthma or depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
Some vendors put in caffeine as well as different sweeteners, and I think those can have therapeutic benefits.
Flavored E-liquid
I like Better Vapes and you can choose caffeine of various strengths if you want, as well as if you want sweeteners (there's Stevia and Sucralose).

Smell and taste have incredible powers over emotions and behavior, whether we realize it or not, and so particular e-juices can have potentially the same effects. For me, I've recently found Better vape's "Pear" to be happiness in vape form, for whatever reason. It just seems "happy" to me.

I'm not too into St. John's Wort or Ginsing or Kava kava or anything naturopathic, though perhaps a mixer could incorporate some herbal remedy into the e-juice, as could I suppose then possibly other more potent psychiatric drugs (not illicit substances, but like prescription antidepressants and such). I don't think though that many could be vaporized, especially at any therapeutic level or be palatable (ever have a Lamictal start to dissolve on your tongue or on your lips? Yucky. Hard to get rid of).

There's smells and tastes that are generally regarded as calming for many people, so perhaps trying those flavors would be beneficial. Since florals are difficult to execute in e-liquid form, might want to stick with more edible, sweet flavors. Mints are supposed to calm and cleanse. I find The Plume Room's Creamy Mint to be especially calming:
Creamy Mint E Liquid by TPR | The Plume Room
(granted, I haven't had this exact flavor. Andrea at the Plume Room made me a minty juice per special request and I received "Marissa's Sugar Mint," though the description of this Creamy Mint sounds pretty much like what my unique blend is).

Since carbohydrates and sweets in general have mood elevating properties, perhaps the e-juice flavors that mimic them can have similar psychosomatic effects. Waffles are fun. Blueberry muffins. Apple pie. :)

And since you need to be drinking a lot while vaping, why not enjoy an herbal tea to complement your vape. :D Might make things a little better. Maybe I will do that now. I think there's some vendors who actually sell their own teas with the same flavors as some of their vaping juices. I know some offer candy as well as candles that have the same flavors and smells as their e-juice.

Just always make sure to get sample sizes of anything when you first try. Even if there's a billion positive reviews. If a person is in any way emotionally fragile, there could be a chance that certain smells or tastes could negatively effect them, even if they find the e-juice palatable.

Because I'm blabbing on about mental illness and whatnot, I thought I'd also just say that some people have triggers. These triggers can be anything, and sometimes they're smells or tastes. Sometimes you might not even know it, but when you stumble across it, bam, thing's not so good anymore. So, say you thought you loved banana bread and you get that as a juice, well you open it up and bam, taken back to a time when you fell off your bike and broke your arm because you were distracted by the wafting fumes of a bakery. That juice just happened to match up with the smell you had with that undesirable memory. That's a really random PG example.

Concerning asthma, I think the mints might be helpful, too. I don't know about menthol, though, or similar cooling agents, whether they'd aggravate a condition or not. Cinnamon aggravates many vapers, myself included, so I stay away from those flavors or request flavors that might have it to be omitted. But again, tea can help there as well. Yay for tea! I should really drink more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread