Any experience with the 3100 mAh purple Efests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
As the title says, does anyone have any experiences with the new 3100 mAh purple Efests. The stated internal resistance is 15 milliohms maximum, so pretty much on par with Sony vtcs and other high end batteries. But how are they in practice, what's the voltage drop in comparison to Sony vtc5, LG he2/Efest purple 2500 mAh, etc (with the same resistance atomizer please)? How is the actual battery life, particularly how long the battery holds at the upper voltage regions? Any thoughts on what might be under the wrapper (Sony vtc4 under the Efest 2100 mAh, LG he2 under the 2500 mAh). I'm shopping for new batteries (20a is more than enough for me) and these look very compelling, but I'd really like to hear about some first hand experiences (and if you've found some tests, please link them).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
As the title says, does anyone have any experiences with the new 3100 mAh purple Efests.

Any thoughts on what might be under the wrapper (Sony vtc4 under the Efest 2100 mAh, LG he2 under the 2500 mAh). I'm shopping for new batteries (20a is more than enough for me) and these look very compelling, but I'd really like to hear about some first hand experiences (and if you've found some tests, please link them).

I am also pretty curious about what is under the wrapper. My local B&M does not have these in stock yet.

I don't generally buy Efest batteries but Efest seems to be available at most vape shops. I like having stuff available for "right now" needs.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm always pretty leary about Efest batteries. My own personal experience with them has not been good. They have a past history of over-rating their specifications. The purple 35 amp Efest batteries are really only 20 amp rebranded LG batteries. (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/batteries-chargers/543925-lg-18650he2-2500mah-imr-icr-30a-20a.html#post13166415)

First time seeing these 3100 mah 20 amp batteries. A quick Google search turns up these customer reviews:

"Same as the 18350
Posted by Unknown on 6th Jun 2014 These don't hold a full charge either. Also have a problem with the 18350s. Maybe I got a bad batch or these are just bad cause I ordered them all at the same time.

Good battery
Posted by zeb on 3rd Jun 2014

Battery hits a little harder then previous efest batteries. But it is also a hair taller and wider the the orginal batteries. Only 4 stars because they didnt fit the mod I bought them for. 65.88 tall, 18.33 wide. The OGs 64.99 tall and 18.24mm wide. Good battery. Just make sure they fit before you buy. Does not fit my black copper stingray clone, but fits my nemesis clone just fine. With all these mods on the market now days they really should post demensions."

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I'm always pretty leary about Efest batteries. My own personal experience with them has not been good. They have a past history of over-rating their specifications. The purple 35 amp Efest batteries are really only 20 amp rebranded LG batteries. (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/batteries-chargers/543925-lg-18650he2-2500mah-imr-icr-30a-20a.html#post13166415)

First time seeing these 3100 mah 20 amp batteries. A quick Google search turns up these customer reviews:

"Same as the 18350
Posted by Unknown on 6th Jun 2014 These don't hold a full charge either. Also have a problem with the 18350s. Maybe I got a bad batch or these are just bad cause I ordered them all at the same time.

Good battery
Posted by zeb on 3rd Jun 2014

Battery hits a little harder then previous efest batteries. But it is also a hair taller and wider the the orginal batteries. Only 4 stars because they didnt fit the mod I bought them for. 65.88 tall, 18.33 wide. The OGs 64.99 tall and 18.24mm wide. Good battery. Just make sure they fit before you buy. Does not fit my black copper stingray clone, but fits my nemesis clone just fine. With all these mods on the market now days they really should post demensions."

Wow they are definitely rebranded, I had no idea. I have been running my efests for about 8 months now, time to get a new set. I have a couple genuine AW's that are ok. What is the crème de la crème of batteries these days?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
My purple Efest 18350s have been working splendidly for quite some time now, and they seem to have an internal resistance comparable to the 10 amp Panasonic 2900 mAhs (18650). My main 18650s are LG he2s. According to the tests I've seen they beat the Sony vtc5s in many regards. Cheaper than the "35a" Efests. My experience with Efests has been good, so if the new 3100 mAhs can actually handle 20 amps continuous, and have a good voltage curve, I'd go with them.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
My purple Efest 18350s have been working splendidly for quite some time now, and they seem to have an internal resistance comparable to the 10 amp Panasonic 2900 mAhs (18650). My main 18650s are LG he2s. According to the tests I've seen they beat the Sony vtc5s in many regards. Cheaper than the "35a" Efests. My experience with Efests has been good, so if the new 3100 mAhs can actually handle 20 amps continuous, and have a good voltage curve, I'd go with them.

I am curious what lies under the wrapper also. I would not pay for the Efest wrapper and buy the actual cell instead.

Efest batteries are available in most vape shops, making them a choice simply due to marketing and availability. This is not a knock against Efest. It's actually a pretty good marketing strategy. Nice for convenience sake but I can usually find the actual cell that they are marketing significantly cheaper elsewhere.

AW, like Efest, buys batteries and re-wraps them. But, AW extensively grades and tests their cells before selling them. Efest doesn't do this to my knowledge. Seems like an opportunity lost.

I don't know of a high drain, 3100 mAh battery on the market. Perhaps I have overlooked one?

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
Well hey, maybe I should be buying the LG batteries instead of the rebranded Efest batteries, are they any cheaper?

I have found the LG18650HE2 batteries to be about $2 cheaper at many places. The Sony US18650VTC4 is also usually cheaper than the efest marketed 30a 2100mAh most of the time also.

I recently picked up 2 vtc4's from FT for $12 (they are genuine too!).

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I think I need to look at the VTC4s and VTC5s ... I have mostly genuine AWs, but they are getting long in the tooth, and for the money I think I could do better. I do have one of the Purple efest batteries, and I am less than impressed with it. Battery life seems to be less than my well used AWs, which really irks me since I paid $15 for the purple efest battery, instead of going with something like the VTC or another AW. :evil:

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Ok here is what I found on the "The purple 35 amp Efest batteries are really only 20 amp rebranded LG batteries.", sorry Baditude. I did a timed comparison between new Sony VTC5 and a new Efest 35 A. Now the Sony is rated at 2600mAh and the Efest at 2500mAh. Now I used the following setup and found the Efest 35A out performed the Sony. Vaped as I normally do and now have a Efest Purple IMR 18650 20A 3100mAh I put in at 10:AM this morning and still 1/4 charge showing. I'm figuring I will get 9 or more hours out of it. Oh and I pretty much am a chain vapor using 0 mg nicotine juice. I also feel it should be safe on a 30 watt chip down to .3 ohms which according to my Ohms calculator would be 10 Amps @ 3 volts. That is lower than my Cloupor 30W is supposed to go though it does.

Kayfun Lite + with 1.5 ohm @ 11.5 watts, 4.2 volts
Sony VTC5 2600 mAh lasted 5 hours 45 minutes till low battery showed
Efest Purple 35A 2500 mAh lasted 6 hours and 50 minutes till low battery showed.

Both worked right up to the time listed with no difference in function.

Last edited:

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
I got almost 8 straight hours of a brand new Efest Purple 20A 3100 mAh battery. I now have a second one in that I put in at 8:50 AM and now at 4:49 it is still showing about a quarter on the battery bar in my Cana 30W clone. So I should get about the same as before and perhaps a bit more. Once the bar stops showing I still get close to 30 more minutes before it quits working. These are really good batteries for anything from about .6 ohm up. I really like them with my 1.2 to 1.8 kayfuns for almost all day vapping.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
I got almost 8 straight hours of a brand new Efest Purple 20A 3100 mAh battery. I now have a second one in that I put in at 8:50 AM and now at 4:49 it is still showing about a quarter on the battery bar in my Cana 30W clone. So I should get about the same as before and perhaps a bit more. Once the bar stops showing I still get close to 30 more minutes before it quits working. These are really good batteries for anything from about .6 ohm up. I really like them with my 1.2 to 1.8 kayfuns for almost all day vapping.

I will follow up on this post as I took out that battery Efest Purple 20A 3100 mAh in 8:50AM - 8:30PM. This was with one hour on a .58 ohm RDA and the rest with a 1.5 ohm Kayfun clone inside a Cana 30W clone as I stated previously.

As far a vape time it does last. Keep in mind this does have a 20A limit unlike the Sony VTC5 or Efest 35 A 2500 mAh. However it does have a safe head room to vape down to a .55 ohm coil though for that I would prefer the Sony or Efest 35A. I do prefer this battery though for tanks built 1.0 ohm or higher for all day vape.

Sankara

Mar 26, 2014
The Hague, Holland
I will follow up on this post as I took out that battery Efest Purple 20A 3100 mAh in 8:50AM - 8:30PM. This was with one hour on a .58 ohm RDA and the rest with a 1.5 ohm Kayfun clone inside a Cana 30W clone as I stated previously.

As far a vape time it does last. Keep in mind this does have a 20A limit unlike the Sony VTC5 or Efest 35 A 2500 mAh. However it does have a safe head room to vape down to a .55 ohm coil though for that I would prefer the Sony or Efest 35A. I do prefer this battery though for tanks built 1.0 ohm or higher for all day vape.

I also got the 3100 mah efest battery, just caus the sony VTC4 wasn't cutting it for me (needed 2 batteries for a day and if i stayed up late - 2 am+ - even that wasn't cutting it). ATM i am testing it out, just recharged it this morning, been vaping on it since 12 pm (its now 4 pm). Gonna check the batteries soon and ill let you know the results.

Edit: Been vaping on it for about 9 hours now, battery @ 3.9 volt :) Not too shabby i will say. Mostly vaping on a 1.2 ohm build with so now and then (around half an hour i'd say) a dual coil build of 0.54 ohm. Thing is still going strong, my VCT4 would've been depleted by now probably so for now i think it has been a good buy :) think the battery will last the day for me, which is very impressive.

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
:D

Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh - Kidney Puncher

$14.33 Authentic Samsung INR18650-25R 3.6V 2500mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) - 35A peak discharge / 22A continuous discharge at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

throw those on the 6 way comparator with your favorite (or what you're looking at getting) batteries and see how they fare. then compare the prices.

link to compare... AkkuDB

i like mine better than my vtc4's and vtc5's personally. haven't the he2 lg's as of yet, but who knows.

Sankara

Mar 26, 2014
The Hague, Holland
Coming back on my comment, for some reason the battery got depleted faster today. But to be fair, i was vaping on it exclusively this time. From 11 am to 9 pm, around that time the battery was 3.6 volt. So that is 10 hours? (not 10 hours straight vaping time though) Again, i was using this exclusively this time. It was with a 1.2 ohm single coil and a few hits on the dripper 0.5 ohm dual coil. I am going to try it out for a few days, try to use it exclusively till it goes beneath 3.7, ill let you guys know what the results were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread