Any fisherman/women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio

Anybody fish regularly on here? If so, what do you target? Here in northern ohio it's steel time! Another week or two and I start targeting pike. Then summer is devoted to tight lining for cats. Here's some steel from the fall/winter run

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

gadiwhat

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2012
California
Im from socal, San Diego to be exact. I fish the SD Bay exclusively. I target spotted bay bass (which the bay has an abundance of) and i also target halibut. "Target" halibut because i don't ever catch halibut. Then again its called fishing not catching.

I've went freshwater fishing once and got skunked. I guess i wasn't using the right bait and techniques and haven't really taken the time to hone my skills on any of San Diego's lakes.

Im glad to say San Diego has one of the best fisheries in this country :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
I fish for about everything around here in Central Pa. My buddy and myself actually have a small business selling handcrafted lures that is taking off rather well.

Handful of jigs I tied for steelhead image.jpg what year bug is that in your avatar? Is it a street machine or do you take it to the strip?

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I've got a small pontoon boat on a private 150 lake that's loaded with bass, northern, and tiger muskie. Also quite a bit of panfish like any mid-western lake. The heat and drought did a number on the northern and some of the tiger muskie but the worst thing was that the lake level dropped enough that I couldn't get my boat out of dock - it was just sitting on the lake bed. Have to make up for it this year.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I try to go every time I can! It was rough here in KS the last couple of years with the droughts we've been having. Went to a creek to catch some channel cats and came home with four 3-4lb Bass!
Caught a 5lb Crappie and a couple 25lb Blues as my personal bests so far. I'm with the poster above, I want 40+ Flathead on the end of my line!

Jjshbetz11

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Ohio
^nice!!!! And wow to the guy who caught a 5lb. Crappie, that's crazy big for a crappie. Reason I asked about the bug was me and my dad used to drag race them back in the day. My cabin fever has me go to the garage and just stare at my fishing rigs:( this winter sucked here for river fishing. Always raining, blowing out the rivers. Had a good fall though. Not much rain, made finding pools easy though the fish were super spooked. Had to literally belly crawl up onto some of the pools and runs on the Rocky River.

starr1349

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
Alaska
Salmon and trout fishing mostly, just waiting for fishing season to start, can't wait to get outta town. Red season here is a lot of fun, lots of fishing and smoking 'em.
The fish smoking is pretty funny. Everyone has their own "secret" recipe, for the "brine" and what kind of wood chips. lol. My grandad even has a "fake" recipe on the wall to throw everyone off.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread