The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any fisherman/women?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jjshbetz11, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jjshbetz11

Jjshbetz11 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    [HR][/HR]Anybody fish regularly on here? If so, what do you target? Here in northern ohio it's steel time! Another week or two and I start targeting pike. Then summer is devoted to tight lining for cats. Here's some steel from the fall/winter run

Attached Files:

2. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    ^ugh, never had that happen before posting a pic????

3. jaysix

jaysix Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Portage, PA
    I fish for about everything around here in Central Pa. My buddy and myself actually have a small business selling handcrafted lures that is taking off rather well.

4. wfo_ak

wfo_ak Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2011
    Alaska
    Alaska here, Salmon and Char mostly. Just waiting for water to thaw and for them to show up...

5. gadiwhat

gadiwhat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    California
    Im from socal, San Diego to be exact. I fish the SD Bay exclusively. I target spotted bay bass (which the bay has an abundance of) and i also target halibut. "Target" halibut because i don't ever catch halibut. Then again its called fishing not catching.

I've went freshwater fishing once and got skunked. I guess i wasn't using the right bait and techniques and haven't really taken the time to hone my skills on any of San Diego's lakes.

Im glad to say San Diego has one of the best fisheries in this country :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

6. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Pretty pumped about this summer. Moved recently to a area that has flathead cats in a river!!! I want a 40+lb cat on my line by November! I'm actually blessed to live in a state with such great fishing. About time for our river walleye run:)

7. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Handful of jigs I tied for steelhead image.jpg what year bug is that in your avatar? Is it a street machine or do you take it to the strip?

8. Tracker II

Tracker II Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2011
    Illinois
    I've got a small pontoon boat on a private 150 lake that's loaded with bass, northern, and tiger muskie. Also quite a bit of panfish like any mid-western lake. The heat and drought did a number on the northern and some of the tiger muskie but the worst thing was that the lake level dropped enough that I couldn't get my boat out of dock - it was just sitting on the lake bed. Have to make up for it this year.

9. Ken62

Ken62 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2012
    Weatherford, Texas
    I'm in Northern California and call myself a Bass Fisherman. I haven't been able to spend much time on the water because of my daughter's sports schedule, but come August I will be able to spend as much time as I want fishing; she's going to Texas for college.

10. sawlight

sawlight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    I try to go every time I can! It was rough here in KS the last couple of years with the droughts we've been having. Went to a creek to catch some channel cats and came home with four 3-4lb Bass!
    Caught a 5lb Crappie and a couple 25lb Blues as my personal bests so far. I'm with the poster above, I want 40+ Flathead on the end of my line!

11. msmistie

msmistie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Im a fisherman here in st pete, fl. I fish in the gulf or bay. Mostly for redfish but Id like to just once catch a snook (preferably during snook season). I have caught many different things including stingray, bull shark, and even a toadfish.

12. jaysix

jaysix Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Portage, PA
    Its a 72. Street only because it barely has enough power to get out of its own way haha. 4 inch narrowed beam, lowered spindles and smart car front tires. I have a header and a set of dual carbs for it so hopefully that will pep it up a little. Nice jigs by the way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    ^nice!!!! And wow to the guy who caught a 5lb. Crappie, that's crazy big for a crappie. Reason I asked about the bug was me and my dad used to drag race them back in the day. My cabin fever has me go to the garage and just stare at my fishing rigs:( this winter sucked here for river fishing. Always raining, blowing out the rivers. Had a good fall though. Not much rain, made finding pools easy though the fish were super spooked. Had to literally belly crawl up onto some of the pools and runs on the Rocky River.

14. quatro

quatro Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    TX
    I catch a few every now and then!

[​IMG]

15. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    ^i would love to salt water fish but geographically not happening. Would love to hit the west coast for natural steelhead and salmon runs.

16. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Ahhhhhh spring! Wait.... I'm in a lake affect snow warning:facepalm:

17. starr1349

starr1349 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2012
    Alaska
    Salmon and trout fishing mostly, just waiting for fishing season to start, can't wait to get outta town. Red season here is a lot of fun, lots of fishing and smoking 'em.
    The fish smoking is pretty funny. Everyone has their own "secret" recipe, for the "brine" and what kind of wood chips. lol. My grandad even has a "fake" recipe on the wall to throw everyone off.:laugh:

18. Jjshbetz11

Mar 15, 2013
    Ohio
    Ah, salmon. Used to have a stocking program here. A couple pop up every season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.