Any flavor chaser RTA with these features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
I've got a Rose V2 clone. I love how it vapes but it's not very well machined and the deck is kind of hard to work with. It's also really big but has a relatively small capacity. I'd love to find something that is as laser focused on flavor but has a more robust & current feature set.

Top fill or Lemo style fill
Easy build deck
Adjustable airflow that goes from tight to generous. A lot of RBAs seem to either have super tight or massive air flow and only adjust only to small degrees. Haven't found any that can do both. I prefer conservative airflow but not as tight as a kayfun.
Able to work on deck without emptying tank.
More compact
Under $40.

Is there anything out there that can compete with the Rose on flavor? Or is that feature set kind of a tall order? :p

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Man I know I'm gonna get flamed but I do have to hand it to Kanger. If you want a combination of great flavor and simple to build, a Subtank with their RBA installed is still tough to beat. You don't have to use the click stops on the AFC so the airflow slot is adjustable pretty much however you want the airflow. I don't know your experience level so I hope this isn't insulting but the build has a lot to do with flavor. As a starting point I'd go with 26 AWG wire, 3.5 mm wick and get the coil/wick as close to the airhole as you can without getting juice spitting. Also closely spaced but not contact coil. Flash boiled aerosol makes clouds but it's the boiled steam in the vape stream that makes flavor.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The Rose is probably the top flavor atty :)

Under $40, look at:

HCigar HC Plus. $20 at Froginfog, but I've been unable to source in the US. Beautiful Machining, top fills, but can't access the deck. Can open one or two airholes, but otherwise not very adjustable.

UD Aga t5. Beautiful machining, top fills, I've managed to access the deck, more adjustability on airflow, easy build, $10 at Triangle Vape.

Focloud. Machining is not the best. Bottom fills through chimney. Fantastic flavor. Single or dual coil, one or two airholes, can access deck. $30 at VaporDNA.

Lemo2?

Now the clones:

Squape Reloaded (EHPro is the only good one). Access to deck, easy build, fills like the Rose, a lot of airflow options.

Taifun GT2. Access to deck, easy build, easy fill, airflow options.

Erlkonigin. Excellent flavor, top fills, tight to medium airflow, light and compact even though it holds 6ml. No deck access though some have managed without spilling their juice.

Flash e Vapor v3. Access to deck, fills like Taifun, easy build once you have your mesh feeder wicks installed, tight to open airflow.

Reactions: 52anddone

hypocritelecteur

Jun 23, 2015
Which ehrl clone is decent?
I've tried my friend's Lemo 2, the airflow makes mouth to lung impossible even at the lowest settings.

I am new to rebuildables, so my build probably could be better, but it is decent and tidy. I'm using a 28g 1.5ohm vertical macro coil and it pipes really intense and dense flavor in the Rose. Love how that atty condenses flavor.

Last edited:

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I think maybe a better question is what are the top flavor chasing RTAs. Tight to medium adjustable draw for mouth to lung. Reliable. Everything else is a bonus.

Regrettably, I have yet to find any RTA that matches its RDA counterpart in flavor. That may be because I haven't tried hard enough though. If someone could recommend one, I'd love to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread