The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any flavorings at local grocery stores?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by ohioguy, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ohioguy

ohioguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2008
    Madison, Indiana USA
    Oh no! I've let myself get dangerously low on e-liquid. What I ordered seems to have gotten lost in the mail.

I do have some nic and pg/vg. What I don't have is any flavorings. I'm in a pretty rural area. We have a Wal-Mart and Krogers. Could I find anything to flavor e-liquid at a local grocery store? Thanks.

2. leftyandsparky

leftyandsparky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    Walmart in the candy making section Lorain Ann’s
    Make sure there’s no oil in label

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. leftyandsparky

Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    Lorann

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Tmebs

Tmebs Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    Maybe if you can find NOW Better Stevia, yes its a sweetener, but it also comes in flavors. Say French Vanilla for instance. It doesn't take more than a few drops, may come thru more sweet than Vanilla. Its pg based and alcohol flavor based if I remember correctly.
    Read the label, might be able to find in a health food store too if you have one near you. Good luck, hope you can find something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ohioguy

ohioguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2008
    Madison, Indiana USA
    Thanks for the fast response. It will be Monday before I can get to the Wal-Mart. I do have some e-liquid, and also the ability to mix unflavored. I have 24mg nicotine and had planned on trying my hand at DIY. I just never got around to exploring recipes and buying flavors. My running out of liquid is just getting me off my butt and started.

I think the 24mg will be a good way for a beginner. I can mix to 6mg by mixing 25% nic or 8mg with 33% of my nic. Also less worry as I know safety and precise measurements are important as you move up to more concentrated nicotine.

I'm getting started by reading the beginner threads here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Lots of us, including me vape flavorless PG/VG/Nic most of any day. It has a faintly sweet flavor and the vapor is there. I DIY several flavored juices at normal percentages when I mix, but I usually end up adding a squirt of flavored juice mix to a tank and then fill it the rest of the way with unflavored PG/VG/Nic. More often than not I just fill my tanks with unflavored mix. Unflavored is easy on the wick and coil and doesn't build up crud on the coil nearly as fast.

• Like Like x 4
  7. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Really good way to start, read everything you can find and ask questions. You will get good honest answers here.

• Like Like x 3
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't know a ton about Lorann flavorings but it's good to know they exist at Walmart. Hmm.

Thanks for the info @leftyandsparky ! Good luck in your DIY experiments and yes , the DIY resource is great.

Unflavored will do the trick. It's not my favorite thing of all time, but it should keep you vaping.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  9. leftyandsparky

Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    I make a lot of candy, so I’m always looking down that isle and looking at candy molds, treat bags, decorations.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I used Loranns when I first started DIY. You just have to check the listing on their web site to make sure it's not oil based. They work fine for fruits, candy, and desserts. I haven't checked lately, but I don't think they have expanded into tobacco flavors.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    For selecting LorAnn, you might want to use:
    LorAnn Flavors- COLOR CODED Complete Ingredients List
    To avoid:
    These Are The 7 Most Toxic Vaping Flavors, According To Science
    Most off the shelf extracts are not concentrated enough to vape and can contain toxic ingredients-- Caution.
    Might want to try the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "supermarket flavorings". Suggest you read all thoroughly.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.