Any flavorings at local grocery stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohioguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Madison, Indiana USA
Oh no! I've let myself get dangerously low on e-liquid. What I ordered seems to have gotten lost in the mail.

I do have some nic and pg/vg. What I don't have is any flavorings. I'm in a pretty rural area. We have a Wal-Mart and Krogers. Could I find anything to flavor e-liquid at a local grocery store? Thanks.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Maybe if you can find NOW Better Stevia, yes its a sweetener, but it also comes in flavors. Say French Vanilla for instance. It doesn't take more than a few drops, may come thru more sweet than Vanilla. Its pg based and alcohol flavor based if I remember correctly.
Read the label, might be able to find in a health food store too if you have one near you. Good luck, hope you can find something.

ohioguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Madison, Indiana USA
Thanks for the fast response. It will be Monday before I can get to the Wal-Mart. I do have some e-liquid, and also the ability to mix unflavored. I have 24mg nicotine and had planned on trying my hand at DIY. I just never got around to exploring recipes and buying flavors. My running out of liquid is just getting me off my .... and started.

I think the 24mg will be a good way for a beginner. I can mix to 6mg by mixing 25% nic or 8mg with 33% of my nic. Also less worry as I know safety and precise measurements are important as you move up to more concentrated nicotine.

I'm getting started by reading the beginner threads here.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Oh no! I've let myself get dangerously low on e-liquid. What I ordered seems to have gotten lost in the mail.

I do have some nic and pg/vg. What I don't have is any flavorings. I'm in a pretty rural area. We have a Wal-Mart and Krogers. Could I find anything to flavor e-liquid at a local grocery store? Thanks.

Lots of us, including me vape flavorless PG/VG/Nic most of any day. It has a faintly sweet flavor and the vapor is there. I DIY several flavored juices at normal percentages when I mix, but I usually end up adding a squirt of flavored juice mix to a tank and then fill it the rest of the way with unflavored PG/VG/Nic. More often than not I just fill my tanks with unflavored mix. Unflavored is easy on the wick and coil and doesn't build up crud on the coil nearly as fast.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Thanks for the fast response. It will be Monday before I can get to the Wal-Mart. I do have some e-liquid, and also the ability to mix unflavored. I have 24mg nicotine and had planned on trying my hand at DIY. I just never got around to exploring recipes and buying flavors. My running out of liquid is just getting me off my .... and started.

I think the 24mg will be a good way for a beginner. I can mix to 6mg by mixing 25% nic or 8mg with 33% of my nic. Also less worry as I know safety and precise measurements are important as you move up to more concentrated nicotine.

I'm getting started by reading the beginner threads here.
Really good way to start, read everything you can find and ask questions. You will get good honest answers here.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know a ton about Lorann flavorings but it's good to know they exist at Walmart. Hmm.

Thanks for the info @leftyandsparky ! Good luck in your DIY experiments and yes , the DIY resource is great.

Unflavored will do the trick. It's not my favorite thing of all time, but it should keep you vaping.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Could I find anything to flavor e-liquid at a local grocery store?
For selecting LorAnn, you might want to use:
LorAnn Flavors- COLOR CODED Complete Ingredients List
To avoid:
These Are The 7 Most Toxic Vaping Flavors, According To Science
Most off the shelf extracts are not concentrated enough to vape and can contain toxic ingredients-- Caution.
Might want to try the ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "supermarket flavorings". Suggest you read all thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread