Any good DIY tobacco recieps out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F Bailey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've only been vaping a few weeks now to quit analogs and its working great so far.
I've been doing a little research on making juices and thought i would give it a go,
i found Myfreedomsmokes they seem to carry most of the stuff to get started.
Here is where i need a little help, i want a 1.8% 18 nic. I suppose i could get the 36% and just cut it in half or
the Nic 100% pre mixed with a blend of say 50/50 then add more VG and flavor?
I'm trying to get close to those store bought red boxes or camel that I'm use to, which tobacco flavor do you juice?
I've been vaping Tribeca which is really nice but it's a little sweet and i think it has a little too
much PG in it, talk about dry mouth.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I just started diy myself and I ordered some pre mixed 24 mg vg/pg from vaping zone to keep the guess work out of it for now. I am working with some tfa flavors to get a good tobacco type flavor myself. Although there will never be a way to duplicate a real cig taste, I found that a good dk tab or 555 satisfies me. I thought it would be easy to start off with a simple one flavor juice and just add flavor to pre mixed and measured nic liquid, it isn't as easy as I thought. It is an art form, for sure. I will figure it out, but I now understand why not just anyone can make juice. It requires skill. And patience lol.
If you come up with a good recipe, I would love to hear about it. But you are not alone.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
The easiest way to dabble in DIY is start with unflavored nic juice already to add flavor to. Halo has Fusion and is how I started. No muss, just put 3-5 ml in a little bottle and add 3 drops flavor, shake well :) Here are a couple of my fav tobacco flavors for DIY: Coumarin Pipe Tobacco, American Tobacco, they are also good blended together. I have not tried this yet but some say to add a drop of apple cider vinegar in your tobacco DIY. I need to try that! Have fun and be safe, remember high nic levels are poisonous so best to use 36 nic or less to mix with. bnrk

F Bailey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks guys!
Yes, I've read apple cider vinegar and or lemon juice, guess its all experimentation. I would love to take Tribeca and cut the PG and sweetness a bit and add a little bite to it. For sure there is no replacing a red box with vape, but im sure there must be something close.
Im leaning toward 36% easily cut in half to my 1.8 nicotine, just not sure which mix to get. 25/25 50/50? I think most do 100%PG and add VG and flavor.
Probably a stupid question, is there an RY4 that's just flavor,a base that's not premixed?

Last edited by a moderator:

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
The easiest way to dabble in DIY is start with unflavored nic juice already to add flavor to. Halo has Fusion and is how I started. No muss, just put 3-5 ml in a little bottle and add 3 drops flavor, shake well :)

Don't waste your money on Halo's obscenely overpriced unflavored nicotine base.

30mL Halo "Fusion" unflavored nic base: $16.99
30mL ecigxpress.com unflavored nic base: $4.49
60mL wizardlabs.us unflavored nic base: $4.59

Probably a stupid question, is there an RY4 that's just flavor,a base that's not premixed?
TFA (The Flavor Apprentice) "RY4 Double" flavor concentrate is excellent and well regarded by a lot of folks who DIY. RY4 Double Flavor (TFA)

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
I prefer m-type tobacco from TFA at 12% flavoring. I know a lot of people say to start at 1%, but I was either bold or stupid to try it. Without steeping it it really hits you hard. But every day it gets better.

Are you using it alone, or have you added other flavors / enhancers?

I've been trying to track down a decent yet generic tobacco recipe. My wife and I use a lot of our local B&M "USA's Favorite", both by itself and as a base for a blueberry tobacco blend. After a supplier shortage a couple of weeks ago, I realized I need an alternative. (The same shortage cemented my decision to get into DIY.) I recently received a few TFA flavors from WL, including the M-type. The M-type vial was cracked during shipment and leaked in the bag; that stuff is potent! I was able to recover about 6ml and have mixed it a bit of it up at 5%.
I don't know what made you mix it up at 12%, but I can safely say you're a braver person than I!

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
I've only been vaping a few weeks now to quit analogs and its working great so far.
I've been doing a little research on making juices and thought i would give it a go,
i found Myfreedomsmokes they seem to carry most of the stuff to get started.
Here is where i need a little help, i want a 1.8% 18 nic. I suppose i could get the 36% and just cut it in half or
the Nic 100% pre mixed with a blend of say 50/50 then add more VG and flavor?
I'm trying to get close to those store bought red boxes or camel that I'm use to, which tobacco flavor do you juice?
I've been vaping Tribeca which is really nice but it's a little sweet and i think it has a little too
much PG in it, talk about dry mouth.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To get your nick and flavors the way you want them to be you must get e-juice-me-up calculator. Dont waist your time or money with the 36mg and try to cut it in half get the 100mg and cut, just be sure you use the calculator, and you can have what ever mg you want.

MY TRIBECA

Ry4 double 15%
em3%
tp2%
vape wizard1%
Caramel2%

Enjoy and hit me up if you have any questions.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread