• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any good store in MN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffins

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
USA
I found smokeless smoking in a kiosk in Roseville and the worker was super nice and told me about the lounge. I had to go to the moa so figured I'd check it out. The dude who helped me was a jerk I picked up some pomegranate to try and after I paid the dude randomly gets friendly and introduces himself to me. Maybe his "this guy is just here to try things" defenses were up but whatever, not buying from them again. Other people in there seemed to be having a good time though. So ymmv I guess.

Might have to check out these other places now.

edit: guess I said a bad word. Sorry

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
At VR in Lakeville their juice are great and cost the same in house. Their supplies (cartos for example) are about 2.50 less for 5 online vs in house. Not sure why, but it is what it is.

Prob because they pay employees commission off of in store sales but not online sales

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Went to the Smokeless Smoking Rosedale kiosk today. Hadn't caught the mention above that it was a kiosk, from other mentions of SS I had expected to find a store. It was pretty disappointing to find a kiosk and then just one size of eliquid (30ml) in one nicotine level (15mg).

That said, the employee was knowledgeable and friendly and I did purchase a few items. Also I was told that I could have purchased some other configurations of eliquid that would have been mailed to me for no extra charge.

They didn't use condoms for flavor sampling (glad I had my own with me). I still think, as with the similar Anoka shop, that practice is not going to fly for long and they should use the more standard and safer practice before we have to read about it in a fake outrage media commentary.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Went to the Smokeless Smoking Rosedale kiosk today. Hadn't caught the mention above that it was a kiosk, from other mentions of SS I had expected to find a store. It was pretty disappointing to find a kiosk and then just one size of eliquid (30ml) in one nicotine level (15mg).

That said, the employee was knowledgeable and friendly and I did purchase a few items. Also I was told that I could have purchased some other configurations of eliquid that would have been mailed to me for no extra charge.

They didn't use condoms for flavor sampling (glad I had my own with me). I still think, as with the similar Anoka shop, that practice is not going to fly for long and they should use the more standard and safer practice before we have to read about it in a fake outrage media commentary.

The store is in bloomington. The drip tips are thoroughly cleaned then sanitized.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Lorrie

Jun 26, 2013
Rogers, Minnesota
I went to the ECig Crib in .... Rapids to get my first e-cig. An older (45-50) woman helped me and she was great, very friendly, knowledgeable, not pushy. She never got impatient with all my questions, let me make the decisions, and after my purchase she sat down to show me how to put everything together and fill it. It was a very good experience. She even suggested flavors that a long time smoker like me would like. (Cowboy Killer and Marlboro) I liked the big roomy store but there were a lot of people shopping and tasting. I wanted to taste a few more flavors but there were 2 girls who blocked the whole tray for a long time. I finally just pushed my way in between them. Not so MN nice I guess. I think everyone has different experiences at different stores depending on how busy they are. Mine was great.

TLS01

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2013
MN

Lorrie

Jun 26, 2013
Rogers, Minnesota
Went to Ecig101 in Rogers, MN today. Very nice people, nice store! They are still getting stock so they don't have much yet but I can see they will keep getting new stuff. It didn't look like they were mixing their own juice, but they had a nice selection of flavors. I think this will be a good local place to shop. Check them out!

Prolix

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I have been to Infinite Vapor in .... Rapids (check the thread here for my comments on them, but they are good).

I visited Uptown Vapor Shoppe in Uptown once. That was a really cool place. Everyone working there was toting around some mod, people they knew were stopping in and showing off their Protank IIs, etc., heh. They have juice from three different suppliers, IIRC: one set from CA, one from MN, and another I don't recall. I grabbed a couple of flavors I liked. It is $7.99 for a 10mL bottle, but they will give you your fifth bottle free (I think it was). It can be four bottles bought over multiple visits too, because they'll enter your name and phone number into their system. Anyway, I quite liked the place!

I also visited ECig Crib in Uptown. The place was nice inside and they probably have the nicest showcases of inventory that I've seen at a B&M so far, although they didn't contain the best selection that I've seen. Their juice taste-testing section was the largest I've seen though. I didn't really get into an in-depth conversation with any of the staff, so I can't really comment on that. Seemed like a good store though.

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I got some juice at the uptown vapor shoppe - not their own mix but some menthol from, Italy I think? I needed some lower nic to cut my other menthol liquid with and it was nice they had 10ml bottles because that's what I needed.

I think they're a little over priced - considering $20 for 30mls at Smokeless Smoking is already a tad high compared to some of the deals you can get online... UVS charges $7.99 I believe for 10mls and unless it's changed, I don't think they sell larger sizes. PLUS, parking is a (insert swear word of choice) there. The lot in back is tiny and horrible to navigate and Hennepin Avenue is no joke. Unless you luck out and a street parking spot just happens to be open, you spend as much time parking and walking to the store as you do IN the store.

Smokeless Smoking's flavors are delicious. I mean seriously good. You can tell it's quality juice.

I know a new shop opened in Richfield off of Lyndale Avenue and 65th Street (across from LA Fitness). I haven't stopped by yet, but I might this weekend and I'll let you folks know what I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread