Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
So, in January, I was turned on to vaping by my husbands co-worker. I did all the research, watched a ton of videos, got over the overwhelming-ness that comes with being a new vape addict.. I then bought a 510, some juices, and began. I was completely done with analogs, found some different juices that I enjoyed, and went strong for 8 weeks!

I eventually lowered my nic to "low" and all was well.. Until the dreaded mother in law came to town, and POOF! Low wasn't good enough, I was stressed out beyond what vaping could handle, and headed off to buy a pack of cigarettes (I only had low juice at the time, lesson learned on that one!)

The entire time, analogs were disgusting.. still taste and smell terrible. So I am trying out the vaping thing again. My issue would be, it doesn't seem to satisfy as much as it did when I first started. So... I searched and read a few hundred threads here, and was again overwhelmed with info.

I would like to get a better TH than I am getting, so was thinking of upgrading.. but I am not looking to dump a ton of money into new mods and atty's and carts.. I know that eventually, it will all end up saving me money, but I can't get my head around the fact that it's near instant gratification to pick up an analog, though I feel like crap right after I have. Call it adult ADHD or something, but vaping isn't working like it did the first time around, it isn't holding the same interest, and I am afraid it's like the new has worn off.. I want to love it again without spending too much! Help! Any ideas? :(

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Sounds like you just threw yourself off with liquids that didn't have enough nic. You don't need to invest in any new e-cigs if you still have your 510, they're a great little kit!

Go someplace like Tasty Vapor and order some GOOD liquids. Everything you see on the site tastes EXACTLY like it's supposed to. I haven't heard of ANYONE saying, "Well, I ordered T.V.'s butter rum and it KINDA tastes okay, but it's more like....."

Make sure you get something with enough nicotine to keep you off cigarettes. I don't know how much you smoke, but I generally recommend 18-24mg's when you FIRST start. If you're not getting the nicotine or throat hit from ecigs, you're NOT going to be able to kick analogs. To make sure you still get your throat hit and see some exhaled vapor, I'd suggest ordering something with a 80% PG and 20% VG.

You can always lower the nicotine content LATER, but why make it difficult for yourself? A frustrated vaper eventually becomes a smoker.

Good luck!!

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
domino38 hit the nail right on the head. You've already got a 510 which is still one of the most popular and dependable models out there and you know how to use it properly. For me anyway, the more nicotine the more throat hit. If you only had "low" nicotine juice, then it could have been anywhere between 6 and 12mg which just isn't enough for you.

As suggested, you just need to get yourself some higher nicotine levels, perhaps some 18mg and some 24mg and give those a try. It's too bad that it sounds like you got off to a really good start and one visit from the mother-in-law did you in. I would just stick with what you know best and for a small investment just get the higher nic juices.

:thumb:

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
All very good suggestions.. I do have another question.. will switching from carts and atty's to carto's add to, or take away from, TH? Also, in the same area, will low resistance atty's add to or take away from TH? I need to purchase more atty's soon, and I am not sure if I should switch to cartos or a low resistance atty..

I have tried some TV juices.. loved, LOVED the Dulce de Leche, still have some caramel apple hanging around that I wasn't head over heels with.. but am looking to purchase from their site, it seems you get more bang for the buck from the other sites I've seen or ordered from.. I've seen enough posts from Domino to know she's their (un?) official spokesperson lol Domino, you should get a discount from them!

I have also decided, the next time the mother in law decides to come to town, I am sending her to a motel 6 or something, rather than reverting back to the disgusting analogs!

Thank you all for the suggestions.. I do like my 510 and it's girly-ness compared to some of the mods out there.. was looking into upgrading to an eGo down the road, but didn't want to put the money into it right now..

Oh! And I was smoking at least a pack a day for 20 years.. The second I picked up the 510 was the same second I stopped analogs, and for eight wonderful weeks!.. what a disappointment it was to pick them up again.. I've smoked less than half a pack in three days because I've been trying to go back to vaping, so that's something, at least..

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Aww shucks..:oops:

The LR atties are a BIG hit in the TH department and they bring the flavors out a lot more too! :) That being said, they also don't last as long and you'll need your Ego to use them on. The battery capacity of a normal 510 just won't cut it for a LR atty.

I LOVE my Ego and it's MORE than worth the price. The battery life is anywhere from 6-10 hours and you already have the atties and carts that will fit the Ego. But, if it's still in the cards, just stick with your regular 510 for now and get those new mg liquids from T.V.! :)

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
As for carto's, they DO have their place..they're conveinient, but I like to be able to see what I'm doing when I'm vaping and they DO have that bad habit of burning the filler some times. But, it all boils down to preference. Your own. You could always order some 510's carto's and give them a try.

AND, keep in mind that, for SOME reason, the Atomic Cinnacide turns into a very plastic-y taste in SOME carto's. So, if you're used to how the liquid tastes in a cart, it MAY be slightly changed in a carto.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread