Any info on Blue E-cigs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethanylee

Jun 9, 2009
S. Florida
I've been searching and searching and am having trouble finding real reviews (other than blatant advertisements) about the Blu e-cigs...

What kind of model is it? A RN4081??

I just came across a Smoking Everywhere kiosk in the mall yesterday and have been doing heavy-duty research.

The Blu seems like a good place to start. I've convinced hubby to try with me, so we need two, and the price is right with Blu.

I'm on the patch, but I miss my cig breaks and socializing w/ the other smokers. Hubby isn't trying to quit w/ me now I can't stand the way he smells, so maybe this will do the trick once and for all...

Just want to make sure that purchasing the Blu is the way to go since I can seem to find very many user reviews...

D05GTO

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
SC
Beth, check the supplier forums. Blue is all the way at the bottom and so for not very good reviews.

My opinion and if I was to do again instead of starting with the Npro, would have went with a 510. One example would be Widows Bead Work - E-cig Price is 50 shipped. Looked like a good price to me. Maybe could find a special or sale going on at another vendor. I would do some searching.

Next would be juice instead of buying carts all the time. Keep reading there is a ton of information on different products.

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
we were going to go with Blu, but after becoming frustrated with them not shipping after a week or so, we cancelled and got a 901 from e-smokey treats, it comes with everything you need, and another huge plus (for us at least) is that it got to us in under 72 hours. I have been almost chain-vaping (lol) since I got it and I love it. I haven't really heard any honest reviews on the Blu cig yet, so maybe you could review it for us if you got it? I know there is also another whole forum for just Blu cigs, not sure of the addy though, but you might wanna check that out too, maybe somebody can share the link with you.

fritz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Salem MA
I've been searching and searching and am having trouble finding real reviews (other than blatant advertisements) about the Blu e-cigs...

What kind of model is it? A RN4081??

Hi Bethany

No ones quite sure, but in my searching for alternate suppliers I've found that it is likely a rebranded JSB-L88b from Shenzen Jieshibao Technology Co.

The specs and dimensions, not to mention the PCC are exact matches.

Of further interest is that the JSB -j108b is exactly like the trusty M401 but with the male/female connectors on the bats and attys reversed. They have also created a PCC for that model as well.

So the question now comes if the Blu is something like an RN-4801 or a DSE 103 with reversed connectors?

Anyone know which of the standard super-minis is exactly 88mm long?

As for a review, I did a basic first impression review several weeks ago, however it was in a now locked and removed thread. What I may do however is kindly ask One of the Moderators tomorrow if they still have it in an archive somewhere, I'll then try to update it with some comparisons to a M-401 to give people a reference point, and re-post here with permission.

Anyhow HTH

bethanylee

Jun 9, 2009
S. Florida
Thank you for the input!

Not too up to par with the lingo...what is PCC?? probably something i know but can't figure it out right now...

I'll try ordering the Blu, if it isn't processed within a week (would rather have it sooner than later) I'll go with a different recommendation...

I love this forum and I really appreciate everyone's responses...

Vegatron75

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
NorthEast Kansas
Thank you for the input!

Not too up to par with the lingo...what is PCC?? probably something i know but can't figure it out right now...

I'll try ordering the Blu, if it isn't processed within a week (would rather have it sooner than later) I'll go with a different recommendation...

I love this forum and I really appreciate everyone's responses...

PCC is a portable chaging case. I would strongly suggest you not get the blu. IF the thing is on backorder now, before anyone even has one, What are you going to do when you need parts?
People on this forum have seen most of what there is to be seen. Listen to what they say..
Go to widowsbeadwork, or another forum supplier and get a 510. It will be head and shoulders above the blu....
Not all e-cigs are created equal, I have 801 penstyles, made my own magnum mods, had a rn-4801 and Now use a 510.
The 510 is small in size and makes a ton of vapor. It's as close to perfect as I've come across....
Plus you can have a 510 in your hand in 2-3 days, not 2-3 weeks. For the same money.......

fritz

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Salem MA

It's a Portable Charging Case.

As far as shipping within the week, its highly doubtful. The replacement atomizer and batteries I ordered on the 25th (my original atty croaked after the first week and a half) only just shipped this morning. So,... I'd expect at least a 14 business day wait before being shipped out.

Further to my post above, the dimensions of the Blu match the KR-808A almost exactly, including the reversed connector threads. The atomizer design looks to be a bit modified with the bridge protruding more on the Blu design.

Hmmm.. (Scratches head)

tbo27

Jun 5, 2009
Texas, USA
As for a review, I did a basic first impression review several weeks ago, however it was in a now locked and removed thread. What I may do however is kindly ask One of the Moderators tomorrow if they still have it in an archive somewhere, I'll then try to update it with some comparisons to a M-401 to give people a reference point, and re-post here with permission.

Anyhow HTH

That would be awesome.

I'm looking into either the m401 or the blu, so it would be great to know how the 2 compare. Although i'm probably going to order the m401 tonight anyway, but hey.. it'll still be good to know :)

I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks people will start getting these back ordered shipments in, and some more reviews will turn up around here. :)

zazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
i almost went with blu as well, the shipping issues they are (were?) having was due to them only being a month old company. they emailed me and said they were back logged and couldnt fill the orders quick enough. they are one of the most advertised ive seen, so maybe thats why. i cancelled my order and got a 901 from china that got here quicker than they were gonna do. plus who knows what model theirs is and youd be stuck ordering from just them. they do look nice though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread