ANy instruction for build your own mod online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rturner76

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
www.robertmn.com
Had a hard time finding this one online. Any vets got instructions for building a simple mod at home? Doesn't look too hard, well yeah it does kind of hehe. Not a lot of parts though. Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor has some nice looking gear but it's so doggone expensive. I'm sure it's worth it if you got the money. I'm just trying to get steak on a hotdog budget. I've seen pics of some on here and Youtube that were pretty simple. A wood box, battery, switch, pos+neg wire and tank which was an empty ejuice bottle. COuldn't tell what the cart was attached to at the switch. Anyway. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Anyone know where there are directions? Even parts stores to make it look something cool? I'm still ok with walking around with a garage door opener though ha!

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
There's all kind of how-tos over in the Modding forum.

A basic 3.7V mod is the classic http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/18409-how-build-nicostick.html

Then for an inexpensive higher voltage mod you can try the Puck, which uses NiMH batteries.

I like the ACDC :D which is a simple VV mod using a regulator module you can get on eBay.

These are just 3 of the many, many how-tos over there.

Check out the stickies and please pay attention to the Guidelines and Warnings. Please read up on lithium-ion batteries.

"FOLLOWING ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY BE DANGEROUS AND IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Last edited:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
In my book, Madvapes is the parts king. They have more selection than anyone else that I know of, and their prices are pretty good too. Since you're looking for info on how to build a mod here's a page that lists several different electrical circuits, Blog - MadVapes LLC. Any of these could be fitted into other enclosures such as a wood box, and some would work in a tube.

One of the simplest ways to go is to just buy a kit, mod kits. You'll get all the parts you need and be assured that if you follow the directions it'll at least work. I've built several of the 3.7v boxmod kits and can tell you they're really easy. Once you get a bit of experience on these you can start thinking about building one completely from scratch, and to your own specifications.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
This one's the one that got me to build one. Go into it far enough and you'll see my very first, very sloppy mod build. I got better. :) Do read a good way into it. Highping makes some changes later and there's some good advice about using MOSFETs rather that just using that microswitch.

And as others have said, Madvapes is your first stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread