Any interest in flavoring made from HOPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Kearney, NE
Cool! I saw someone mentioned it in a thread here and thought, hey I have some hops and a desire to make some extracts... Aug is when mine will be ready. I figure the sitting time will be about a month. So I hope to have the extract ready to go in Sept... I just thought it would be fun to share since the rarer extracts can be pricey. :)

Damrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Kearney, NE
Ok, Here we go! Grown in my backyard, all natural, no pesticides... Just dirt, water, and air!

IMG_0181.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0184.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg
IMG_0186.jpg

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Id just pick out some of my favorite craft brews and go with what flavors they added hehe.. As long as it doesnt vape like an IPA id be totally down for it.
The synthetic hops in IPA's really freak out my allergies to the point of where I will start getting a hangover migraine before Im even done with my beer..

One day a particular Imperial IPA just set it all off and I havent been able to do it since..

Damrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Kearney, NE
Id just pick out some of my favorite craft brews and go with what flavors they added hehe.. As long as it doesnt vape like an IPA id be totally down for it.
The synthetic hops in IPA's really freak out my allergies to the point of where I will start getting a hangover migraine before Im even done with my beer..

One day a particular Imperial IPA just set it all off and I havent been able to do it since..

Well, I LOVE IPA's! I am hoping this turns out well, since it is really a grand experiment! I never use synthetics in my homebrew, I guess I am just old fashioned that way... Well, I guess I will just have to experiment....

Damrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Kearney, NE
Well, the first batch is done! I vaped some straight, and it is surprisingly smooth. It kinda tastes like mary jane smells, they are cousins after all... But all in all not bad. I think this is best for mixing... YMMV. If anyone wants some, please pm me. All I ask is the cost of shipping. Limited supply available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread