The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any juices out there that aren't sweet at all?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by DebbieF, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DebbieF

DebbieF Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Albuquerque
    Don't get me wrong, I have a mean sweet tooth and love the sweet vapes. But sometimes I feel like my tongue is coated in sugar and just want something totally different. I've tried about 50+ juices from all sorts of amazing vendors, but they all seem to have an undertone of sugar -- even tobacco and tea flavors.

Are there any juices out there that don't have sweeteners and are good high-quality liquids?

2. Enoch777

Enoch777 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    I know the feeling, sweet is good but sometimes you want something different. Not actually sure what to recommend hah, almost all flavors will have SOME sweetness to them.

I think my personal favorite to switch out flavors for something less sweet is Snake Bite. Yes it's a little sweet, but as you exhale you get a distinct bitterness with tea, it's very refreshing. Recommend it on a cooler device, such as PT2 etc. The warmer it gets the sweeter the inhale becomes.

Also you can customize your order before paying, a small text box comes up while reviewing checkout and you can certainly request they make a flavor less sweet. Although they'd probably mix it custom just for you, bare in mind depending on the juice there may or may not be some heavy steeping involved. I usually ask for extra flavor and every juice I've tried from them has been superb quality.

Some love em, some hate em. Try a sampler or 1/4th ounce bottles and ask for extra flavor :vapor:

Good luck on your quest!

3. Bob Chill

Bob Chill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Sans Nom, USA
  4. Jazzi Mike

Jazzi Mike Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Michigan
    I agree with the above suggestion to try some NETs.

5. Bob Chill

Bob Chill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Sans Nom, USA
    I should have added this in my original post. IF you step into the world of NETs. The juice must steep a minimum of a 1-2 weeks (a month is optimal) before passing final judgment. No juice goes through more changed during the steeping process than NETs.

6. DebbieF

DebbieF Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Albuquerque
    I'll definitely give the NETs a try. Thanks all!

7. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    I want unsweetened too..don't know what nets mean but I'll go to the site and check them out

8. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I just picked up a couple bottles of RYD2 from my local b&m. It tastes like soft pretzels... The Vapor Hut makes it. It's really good! I get burned out on sweet too.

9. dale1962

dale1962 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    Naturally Extracted tobaccos....try some cig extracted like Big Spirit from NETCOM or Fire cured,Wrangler lite from goodejuice.com no sweetness there,devildog ahlusion,apache MOV....just keep in mind that all NETS are not the friendliest to equipment.

10. UnclePsyko

UnclePsyko Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2013
    PJNY
    NET = Naturally Extracted Tobacco.

11. John_

John_ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Try a flavor with no sweetener and 100% pg, vg makes the vape sweeter.

12. UnclePsyko

Mar 8, 2013
    PJNY
    Agreed! And if you want something really un-sweet, you could get your hands on a sample of Want2Vape "London Blend". A hint of sweet on the inhale, robust, smoky tobacco on the exhale. Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco . com has Black Cavendish which is a light sweetness, not overpowering but again with a light smoky finish and not as "Harsh" as London.

As stated though, steeping is pretty essential for flavors to meld and "Bloom".

13. Mike.S

Mike.S Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    Michigan
    Both PG and VG are perceived as sweet. So, you really can't get away from it completely. The best you could do is mask it. That means adding a bitter flavor.

14. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Lots of non-sweet tobaccos out there.

Mountain Oak vapor: Southern Gentleman, Apache
    Good Ejuice: Wild Turkey, Patriot, Acadian Gold, Natural Perique, Wrangler Light, Organic #1
    NaturallyExtractedTobacco.com -- most of them
    Heather's Heavenly Vapes: Dark Horse, Huntsman
    QuickNic: Fire in the Hole, Humpback, Grampa's Nightcap

15. UnclePsyko

Mar 8, 2013
    PJNY
    Agreed! Patriot and Nat-Perique are ADV's for sure without getting cloying in any way! NET.COM a double-ditto, although Coventry does have a really pleasant, non-cloying sweetness that just enhances the tobacco backbone and the aroma is out of this world!
    Gramp's Nightcap is another go-to juice that really doesn't get the love it deserves!

16. ThunderPumpkin

ThunderPumpkin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    South America
    MBV Clove is as unsweet as they get. If you like clove, it's a great vape. Extremely intense, though!

17. ThunderPumpkin

ThunderPumpkin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    South America
    For that matter, Dekang's Apple is a great, light apple vape. Cheap, to boot!

18. firephly

firephly Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    I sampled a coffee flavor at the vape shop today, and it was not sweet at all, just like a regular cup of coffee, so maybe you'd like that.
    I'd like to try a coffee with a bit of cream to mellow it out.

There are also some tea flavored juices that I imagine aren't sweet either. I haven't tried them yet but plan to order some.
    This site has coffee and tea Tea Your Way - eLiquid Flavor - ECBlend

I haven't tried this brand though,so can't vouch for it.

19. Miarose

Miarose Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    West Chester, PA
    seems most of the responses are for tobaccos. anyone know of any fruits that just aren't sweet? similar to a fruit water, where you taste the fruit, but it isn't sweetened. so rather more of a natural fruit taste (yes i know, fruit are sweet, but they aren't AS sweet as many juices are :)

20. firephly

firephly Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    I haven't tried many yet, but so far I find that honeydew, peach, acai, and dragon fruit don't seem terribly sweet. Also you might try a mint or menthol. I don't care for too much sweetness either and I have liked those so far.

There are also vendors that have things like cucumber, pear, etc that are probably nice, and also rose from virgin vapor is great I guess and not too sweet.
    Try browsing though these, some have reviews (I'm ordering from these and will post reviews when I get them):
    Organic Bed of Roses E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Coolcumber Melon – Vapor Chef

Neroli - eLiquid Flavor - ECBlend

Virgin Vapor e-Liquid Review

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.