Any kretek-ish ecigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cioran

Dec 4, 2009
NYC
Greetings! I've read the various FAQs and searched for relevant similar threads, but have found none that directly pertain to my e-cig selection problem. I apologize if I breach established protocol in any way. I assure you, it is out of igorance.

In brief - I'm looking for an e-cig that is reminiscent of a kretek or "clove" cigarette. Recommendations are welcome.

In full-

As some of you know (I read one of the threads on clove "juice" here already which I found informative), the fed'l gov't in the States in their infinite widom, banned kreteks. Seeing as how the last international cloves shipment I ordered is held up by customs nazis (illegally of course, since you're still allowed to import them for personal use, they even admit as much), I was considering a switch to one of these ecigarette devices, provided the feds haven't banned them yet (I assume they will, as it's something besides television from which people derive pleasure). Perhaps the FDA could ban books next too. That's as much food as tobacco. I digress.

I mostly hate American cigarettes. I've been smoking Marlboro Reds and they're surprisingly tolerable as far as awful American cigarettes go, but they still don't really do it for me. They're so pedestrian and unrefined. While they supply the necessary nicotine, even with a cigarette holder, they just lack presence.

I need an e-cigarette that says, "I'm better than you." I was checking the reviews and it seems to me that too many of these ecigs look like commoner cigarettes or worse, cheap chrome pens. I don't want to look like the rabble while I'm smoking.

I really miss my Djarum Blacks. The clove cigars (the alleged "replacement") are horrible for you since they're wrapped in tobacco leaf. And, as a cigarette smoker I have a habit of inhaling, which is bad for one's health and breath. Not that I'm particularly attached to living or some such ridiculousness, but leaving me smelling like a chimney could adversely affect my career prospects.

Any of these ecigs have a decent crackle? I heard they sound like sucking through a straw. I need something that approximates a djarum black or failing that, at least Djarum Cherry.

Thanks for any help and have a pleasant day!

Dacoopah

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
"I'm better than you."
Obviously.

I was checking the reviews and it seems to me that too many of these ecigs look like commoner cigarettes or worse, cheap chrome pens. I don't want to look like the rabble while I'm smoking.
Hate to break it to you, but it's not the "smoking".

I assure you, it is out of ignorance.
Ya got that right.

Thanks for any help and have a pleasant day!
uh, you too bud. Uncontrolled arrogance is always welcome here.

umop apisdn

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Yes - Biggest reason why i went to e-cigs for all there flavors
They banned any flavored cig except menthol - you can thank Philp Morris (and President Obama for being a whiney ....* that he had to quit smoking so he didn't mind passing the bill) for that one.

Fixed.

Another person in Buffalo? Glad to see I'm not the only one here who has an e-cig!

EDIT: to the OP, as much as I hate that kind of arrogance with a passion, and usually people who display it as such, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're a decent person. I might be wrong judging by your post, but I might not be.
You can try flooding your atty a little more than you should, and you get a little crackle that might be what you're looking for. Clove juice will give you that flavor. And a black 510 looks like a clove almost.

You can also try getting a chuck with a pink design with rainbows and unicorns (or any design you choose) if you want to look like you're "better than you".

Good luck finding what you desire, and you're welcome for the help.

Last edited:

cioran

Dec 4, 2009
NYC
Ah, splendid. Thank you all for your input. Most of you, anyway. This 510 sounds suitable. I'd looked at the "Titan", but I didn't know it was available in black. How does it smoke? I've heard good things about it, but when I watched a review of the item on youtube it says it goes on rather easily.

Which domestic (US) vendor is preferred? Customs down at ISC tends to screen inbound packages here with supreme diligence and dispatch outbound packages with extreme incompetence, so I am unwilling to purchase from international vendors.

@Burnwon, the ban was instituted with HR 1256. End of September, beginning of November.

If you order cloves from abroad, the customs fascists seize your products too, despite the fact it's not illegal or even vaguely prohibited to do so under any law, so long as you pay taxes and/or duties and it's for personal use. Power is law, n'est-ce pas?

@umop

Thank you for your suggestions. I found them helpful. As a moody existentialist, a "chuck" with my little pony is probably off the table as a fashion choice, though decaying corpses or suprematist paintings of geometric forms would be splendid!

With this ecig, I need to let people know how ecstatically depressed I am, how much I hate life, and how I showcase my individuality by buying mass produced electronics imported from China uniquely tailored to my needs -with each puff. Oh, and it helps if it's an enjoyable smoking experience. Is it? Tertiary, of course, but one must ask.

"flooding your atty"

???

I haven't bought one yet. I'm assuming that means modifying my atomizer in some manner? I can solder, but not particularly well, so how difficult is this modification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread