Any MTL vapers out there using single clapton coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Hi,

I normally use 28GA SS wire for my MTL single coilers, but out of curiosity I added a roll of kathal Clapton wire (Geekvape Clapton Wire KA1 / 28ga x 2 + 32ga 15ft -$4.18 Online Shopping| GearBest.com) to my shopping cart. I wonder if there are MTL vapers out there using claptons for single coil builds that could show me their build or give me advice regarding preferred ID and spaced vs. contact .
I know I´ll probably have to bump up my mod vw setting from the standard 12-14 watts I use to get it to work right. Other than that, I have no clue how to get the best results with claptons for MTL...
Thanks,
K.

Reactions: stols001

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Been using clapton coil for over a year, they add more flavor IMO.

I get my clapton wire from lightning vapes, 36k/28k single core, I do 6 wraps around a 2.5mm rod, contact coil and comes out to around 1.5 ohms and vape at 20watts, great MTL vape, but it will be a warm vape though, just the way I like :)

I will find a picture later to post.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2017
    Copenhagen (UTC+1)
    Hi,

I normally use 28GA SS wire for my MTL single coilers, but out of curiosity I added a roll of kathal Clapton wire (Geekvape Clapton Wire KA1 / 28ga x 2 + 32ga 15ft -$4.18 Online Shopping| GearBest.com) to my shopping cart. I wonder if there are MTL vapers out there using claptons for single coil builds that could show me their build or give me advice regarding preferred ID and spaced vs. contact .
    I know I´ll probably have to bump up my mod vw setting from the standard 12-14 watts I use to get it to work right. Other than that, I have no clue how to get the best results with claptons for MTL...
    Thanks,
    K.
    Clapton wire for MTL - forget it

• Agree

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    This is a old picture, did have a few more wraps in this one

u6AHgSw.jpg

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Haven't tried one, so can't comment. I am pretty happy with my single round builds. I'd say you may have to go a bit lower in resistance, possibly, to heat up that mass of wire. However, you may find yourself really enjoying your builds, who knows? I'd expect battery life to lessen a bit, and you may need higher wattage to heat up your builds, but that doesn't mean it won't work out well. I would experiment with a few builds of various resistances to see how I liked it.

Anna

Reactions: Nailz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread