Any NASCAR fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

03civicdx

Dec 17, 2012
Winston-Salem NC
I have always been a fan of anything that goes vroom. But racing is in my blood. So when my company was chosen to make the new car covers for the new body style cars. Let's just say I felt like a kid in a candy shop lol. So if you see any rain delays this year. Remember I made those covers keeping your favorite drivers car good and dry.

Took a few pics when I was at a race shop taking measurements a few weeks ago.

yzyja3uz.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1361724247682.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1361724264755.jpg

Enjoy the race today ladies and gents.

Sent from my Droid RAZR M

03civicdx

Dec 17, 2012
Winston-Salem NC
Big Nascar fan here. Congrats on your car covers going big time. Unfortunalely Dish Network is no longer carrying Fox Sports, so will have to wait till June to start watching races.

If you have an hd TV just buy you a cheap set of rabbit ears for your TV and watch your local fox channel. I got rid of my DirecTV a few months back and just have rabbit ears, Netflix, hulu plus, and amazon prime now. I'm still watching the race right now.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
If you have an hd TV just buy you a cheap set of rabbit ears for your TV and watch your local fox channel. I got rid of my DirecTV a few months back and just have rabbit ears, Netflix, hulu plus, and amazon prime now. I'm still watching the race right now.

Apparently doesn't work here. Can't find anything. To get the station out of Los Angeles, I'd need a tall antenna.

03civicdx

Dec 17, 2012
Winston-Salem NC
Apparently doesn't work here. Can't find anything. To get the station out of Los Angeles, I'd need a tall antenna.

They make some high power digital antennas now. I'm not sure how good they are I don't need one where I live. You did make sure and turn the TV setting to air and not cable right? My mom forgot to do that and when I changed it for her it works good now.

Ayce

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2011
Saint John NB Canada
NASCAR and most other kinds of racing fan here. (No, I don't consider drifting, racing.) Glad to see they got rid of the COT cars, they all looked the same to me.

Unfortunately, with 2 daughters in the house, our T.V. is stuck on Disney Jr., so I didn't get to watch the race. :( I just try to keep up @ nascardotcom.

Nice work, if you can get it. Now be honest. You, personally, didn't make all the covers for all the cars now, did you? ;) ;)

03civicdx

Dec 17, 2012
Winston-Salem NC
NASCAR and most other kinds of racing fan here. (No, I don't consider drifting, racing.) Glad to see they got rid of the COT cars, they all looked the same to me.

Unfortunately, with 2 daughters in the house, our T.V. is stuck on Disney Jr., so I didn't get to watch the race. :( I just try to keep up @ nascardotcom.

Nice work, if you can get it. Now be honest. You, personally, didn't make all the covers for all the cars now, did you? ;) ;)

I consider drifting a racing spot IMO. It has car and a winner. Its one of the fastest growing motorsports right now. What gear head doesn't love the smell of burnt rubber? Lol

Yes I personally had my hands on all the covers made. I make the patterns and cut the material. I don't sew though I leave that to the women of the shop lol.

Ayce

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2011
Saint John NB Canada
No offence meant re: you personally doing all the covers, I just thought it would take more people to do a large number of them. Must be a lot of work. :ohmy: (I don't blame you for letting the wimmenfolk do the sewing, I can't sew for the life of me.;) )

As far as "drifting" goes, it may be a sport along the same lines as figure skating. The winner is chosen by judges, not by who crossed a line first. Therefore, it's not really a "race", is it? :confused:

03civicdx

Dec 17, 2012
Winston-Salem NC
No offence meant re: you personally doing all the covers, I just thought it would take more people to do a large number of them. Must be a lot of work. :ohmy: (I don't blame you for letting the wimmenfolk do the sewing, I can't sew for the life of me.;) )

As far as "drifting" goes, it may be a sport along the same lines as figure skating. The winner is chosen by judges, not by who crossed a line first. Therefore, it's not really a "race", is it? :confused:

Oh no offense taken at all. Time is a factor in drifting too though. That along with speed going into the drift is all factored into the final score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread