• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any NEPA ( Pocono Area ) Vapers out there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinPuff68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Poconos, PA
Good Afternoon Folks ,

Just wondering if I am the only ECF member living in the NEPA / Pocono's section of PA?

I have quite a few created converts locally that I know, But not anyone really close by to trade juices with, or BS with about vaping.

I am also on the hunt for the closest B&M vape place, if anyone knows.. I would enjoy hearing from ya.

Hey, if there are enough of us, I'd be happy to coordinate a "meet and greet " in the future..

Peace and God Bless.

- Vin

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
I think Shamokin counts as NEPA even tho it feels like it's in the middle of nowhere :cool:

It is indeed Carrie, but I live just outside of Williamsport, which means you are A LOT closer to Matucci's than I am. My wife is from the Poconos, Stroudsburg to be exact, and we go now and again to visit her mom.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Hey VinPuff... I am indeed from the Poconos... Lake Wally to be exact.

There was another vaper that had my same mailing district (Lake Ariel) that I saw in the RTS thread and, sent an email or two and then that person disappeared from ECF. No posts since then and over a month ago. Hmmmm.

Sent private email to another NEPA person that I saw in a thread... had same location listed area as me... 'NE PA'... was over in Tunkhannock but... he was a bit beyond me... using a Reos Mod (said he was walking around at the Wyoming County Fair vaping with the Reos and nobody said nothin) and I have only gone as far as Egos and I also use the Joye 306.

Was over in Tobacco Road the other day (yeah, I have STILL not been able to completely stop smoking... this after 2 years of vaping) and, they sell some ECigs and there was a guy there that took a look at it and he said he had gotten one and... it was worthless. LOL... standing there, in my coins pouch in my jeans, I got my Joye 306 with PureSmoker Firecracker and Minthia in Boge cartos both of them with the flavor JACKED UP (my latest attempt to completely stop smoking) using Puresmoker Flavor Shots. Now up to 1.7x and if I go high enough I just might freeze or burn my mouth out. So, a bit different from what they sell off the shelf in Tobacco Road.

One problem with friends in the same area... there are LOTS of tangents to go off of with vaping, and very few people off on the same tangent.

In any case... thanks for this thread. Nice to know there are some other vapers in NEPA.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Not sure where else I might post this so... kind of a shocker today.... found that the Ego batteries I have been using... are voltage regulated to 3.4 volts (hmmmm... that's kinda low).

So, tested a bunch of stuff I have and the Egos indeed came in at 3.4, while the Joye 306es and Eluma (similar to 510) batteries, were both unregulated.

Tested 3 PTs I have (but have not used recently) and, the two that were the same model, both came in at 3.8 volts (as opposed to the 5V they were supposed to come in at). The 3rd, which I got from VaporKings, came in at... 5.3 volts (sheesh).

However, using higher voltage is essentially equivalent to using lower resistance, and I have EJ in Boge 306 2.0 ohm cartos and, had some experience with my Tasty Vapor German Choclate Cake, BURNING in the cartos and the last time this happenned I checked the carto and the resistance had dropped to 1.4 ohms. So, you decrease the resistance too much, OR increase the voltage too much, and your EJ is gonna burn.

So, I guess I COULD get a variable voltage Ego (or whatever) but, not sure it would buy me anything.

Comments?

(P.S. All my tests were done with unloaded batteries and PTs. I imagine on the unregulated ones the voltages would drop with a load. Note sure about the EGOs and the 3.4 volts.)

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Thanks for the input guys.... will probably give an Ego-twist a try just to get a better feel for different voltages.

But, on the other hand, just picked up a Vision clearomizer (actually, a clone, Crystal Vision, from Cisco... the mouthpiece would not screw in but otherwise it works), and this thing really puts out some vapor... only getting 2-3 hits per drop which is an indication of the amount of vapor. But, I got both 1.8 ohm and 2.4 ohm (metered in at 2.5 ohms) replacable atomizers and, have tried both with the same EJ and, hard to tell the difference. Slightly more vapor/TH at 1.8 ohms and slightly more flavor at the 2.5 (same old story, more TH at higher wattage, more flavor at lower wattage).

Yeah, also been looking at the ego-tube... which is a mod but a lot cheaper. Guess the problem there is, if you try to use the wrong battery, it just might explode. You can also get a regulated/unregulated control unit for this that will allow you to have unregulated voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread