Any news from today in NJ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLvape

Mar 5, 2017
NJ, USA
I was reading about this ban today...I hope to god it doesn't pass. I just started vaping a month ago and one of the best things about it is the fact that I can switch up flavors...I don't want to be forced back to tasting tobacco.
@sofarsogood yes it will effect online orders...if the bill is passed online retailers will be limited as to what they are allowed to ship to NJ residents. Fines will range from in the $200 - $2000 range for offenders.
Come on Jersey Vaping Community Stand up and fight for your vaping rights!!!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I was reading about this ban today...I hope to god it doesn't pass. I just started vaping a month ago and one of the best things about it is the fact that I can switch up flavors...I don't want to be forced back to tasting tobacco.
@sofarsogood yes it will effect online orders...if the bill is passed online retailers will be limited as to what they are allowed to ship to NJ residents. Fines will range from in the $200 - $2000 range for offenders.
Come on Jersey Vaping Community Stand up and fight for your vaping rights!!!
My contact with other vapers is on break at work. They know i mix. They know government might crack down. They choose to ignore the issues. i beieve the smear campaign is discouraging smokers from switching and vapers from taking action. You won't be ridiculed if you smoke but you will if you vape. Smokers are an asset to the community. They work, pay their way, and pay a lot more taxes than everybody else, and then, best of all, they die young so everybody else gets to spend their retirement money. Smoking makes you a second class citizen. Vaping makes you a subversive, a rebel.

I mixed a 40 day supply of liquid yesterday, 200 ml, in about 20 minutes. The cost of ingredients, about $2. There are lots of all-in-one flavors available. My experience is the less flavoring the better. If I keep on vaping 5 ml per day with 10 mg nic per ml then $100 worth of nic in the freezer will last me 10 years. Smoking for a couple of weeks cost me more than that.

The version of the bill I read didn't seem to have anything about out of state sellers. Wouldn't they have to fine the person who received the goods? How does New Jersey enforce it's laws in other states?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The version of the bill I read didn't seem to have anything about out of state sellers. Wouldn't they have to fine the person who received the goods? How does New Jersey enforce it's laws in other states?

The same way other states enforce their laws. It's incumbent on out of state companies to follow the laws of the state they're shipping to. If they don't, the state can haul the company into court. If NJ enacts this legislation, out of state companies will just refuse to ship flavored e-liquids to NJ addresses.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The same way other states enforce their laws. It's incumbent on out of state companies to follow the laws of the state they're shipping to. If they don't, the state can haul the company into court. If NJ enacts this legislation, out of state companies will just refuse to ship flavored e-liquids to NJ addresses.
I mix DIY for someone close to me (for free) who happens to live in NJ. A while back I was sending unflavored every few months and they were adding their own flavoring. Lately I've beenn adding the flavor. Am I in compliance with the proposed legislation if i stop adding the flavoring and let the person in NJ go back to doing that? Suppose I put the fllavoring in a separate bottle but include it in the mailing? Or is the transaction legal because I'm not in the business and no money changes hands? This is the only person I mix for.

I would imagine some vapers in New Jersey are finally getting serious about DIY.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The same way other states enforce their laws. It's incumbent on out of state companies to follow the laws of the state they're shipping to. If they don't, the state can haul the company into court.
What court, with jurisdiction where?

If NJ enacts this legislation, out of state companies will just refuse to ship flavored e-liquids to NJ addresses.
Yes, the ones that are push-overs will surely do that.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
What court, with jurisdiction where?

Just like any other state that has laws on the books that affect online sales from out of state companies.

For example: Online companies that sell e-cigarette products to minors in Texas are guilty of a Class C misdemeanor and can also be fined $500. All the judge has to do is issue a warrant for the responsible parties within the company to appear in court.

Just because a company is outside of the state does not mean it can ignore the laws of the state they're going to ship to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread