Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I am a direct care worker. Since I started vaping, I have gotten some of the clients at my work into it. One of the guys keeps having issues with the ego setup I gave him. Every time I come into work, he says his ecig is not working. Typically, it has something to do with the Evod or T3 he has. I am considering buying a cheap rba and just rebuilding it when it goes bad. Do you think think this is a good idea?

i have gotten pretty good at RBAS over the last few months. I have built Kayfuns, GG clones, and genesis-style atomizers. I can wrap a coil in around 5 minutes. Do you think an rba setup could work in the hands of someone that does not understand how to build them?

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
i use a Reo mostly with a microcoil....i dont really have any experience on the genesis type mainly because as i understand it theres an open hole in the tank? if this is a disabled person i'd be concerned about the leaking maybe?

i dunno...you are obviously doing a nice thing for this person...i dont think it would hurt to try it out and just go from there

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
I am a direct care worker. Since I started vaping, I have gotten some of the clients at my work into it. One of the guys keeps having issues with the ego setup I gave him. Every time I come into work, he says his ecig is not working. Typically, it has something to do with the Evod or T3 he has. I am considering buying a cheap RBA and just rebuilding it when it goes bad. Do you think think this is a good idea?

i have gotten pretty good at RBAS over the last few months. I have built Kayfuns, GG clones, and genesis-style atomizers. I can wrap a coil in around 5 minutes. Do you think an RBA setup could work in the hands of someone that does not understand how to build them?

Short answer, NO.

it is never a good idea to make somebody dependant on you when it comes to e-cigs, you've already fallen into that hole.
Now you want to dig yourself deeper over RBA's?

could you imagine, if the Geni build causes a dead short, and you are not around to fix it?
As a care worker, you have to make sure what you are doing wont negatively impact your clients....
A friend of mine literally melted the button on an eGo for trying to fire up is DID D20 on it.
It obviously didn't go so well, but at least he had enough knowledge to disable, what otherwise could have been a dangerous scenario.

I understand your intent is good, but if they can mess up an evod/T3, imagine what they can do to a rebuildable...

would they even be able to re-fill a kayfun on their own?

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I have participated in a couple 'how to' sessions locally, for people interested in learning RBAs. But no, I wouldn't build genesis set ups for anyone, and just send them on their way. I know there are some B&M shops doing it; but personally, I don't believe in it. IMO, anyone using genesis RBAs should know what to do, and what can happen, if something is wrong, ESPECIALLY with mechanical mods. I read a post, a while back, where a shop was setting up sub ohm coils for people, as a service. I think it's crazy.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Short answer, NO.

it is never a good idea to make somebody dependant on you when it comes to e-cigs, you've already fallen into that hole.
Now you want to dig yourself deeper over RBA's?

could you imagine, if the Geni build causes a dead short, and you are not around to fix it?
As a care worker, you have to make sure what you are doing wont negatively impact your clients....
A friend of mine literally melted the button on an eGo for trying to fire up is DID D20 on it.
It obviously didn't go so well, but at least he had enough knowledge to disable, what otherwise could have been a dangerous scenario.

I understand your intent is good, but if they can mess up an evod/T3, imagine what they can do to a rebuildable...

would they even be able to re-fill a kayfun on their own?

Thank you for this post. The client still smokes, but vapes a lot when we hang out. I've mostly been just PIF my old gear. You are right. My builds have been solid up until now, but I could totally see how things could turn ugly quickly.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
And i mean that in the nicest way possible.

It would suck if something happened while you weren't there, and it having an impact on your career.

Even with good intent, we can quickly dismiss the little things.
I've fallen into it before, so this is more of me sharing my mistakes.

:toast: hope all goes well though!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I would never give someone a geni to vape with they cannot work on themselves, but I have given a couple people some cheap drippers off fasttech, set them up first time and taught them how to do it themselves. but as a build and go service i would stay out of that one. they burn the house down guess who they will come looking for?

shroom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Brooklyn
I rebuild Vivi Nova heads for my friends. They don't want to get into rebuildables. So, I ordered pirex glass Vivi Novas for them from fasttech.
I rebuild the heads with 30 gauge kanthal over 1/16 drill bit and cotton. Works pretty good compare the manufacture builds.
I like to do it and can refuse to do anything any time I want to.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
my brother just got into vaping, he uses a basic ego with a mini protank or mini vivi nova. I have no problems with rebuilding his old coils to stock specs. now a rba is different imo, I believe that someone who ventures into this should not rely on someone elses build, nor would I do this for someone. these devices can fail and cause harm. now making different coils and giving them to experienced people for them to try is different, but to make a genny build to someone that knows nothing about it ? no

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread