• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any of you ever have this issue come up with Canada Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianCow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
I placed an order for ecig hardware and some juice from a vendor here in BC at the end of December. Order was shipped early last week and shipped Expedited Parcel. I got a tracking number that said the expected delivery would be the 7th. My problem is that there has been no movement since the package left Richmond on the 4th and it *still* says expected delivery of the 7th (yesterday). Now I understand stuff happens and packages get delayed but every other time it has shown something on the tracking and has never had an expected delivery date that has passed without being updated.

Now expedited parcel has a on-time delivery guarantee which means the vendor at least can get the cost of shipping refunded. When should I give them a heads up? Because I am not the sender I can't do anything from what I understand to get a fire lit under the behinds of Canada Post but I figure if the vendor goes for the money back then at least they will start to figure out where in the world is my ecig stuff!

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
When should I give them a heads up?

considering your vape mail was due to be delivered yesterday, plus the fact that it has not moved out from the originating postal outlet i would be letting the Vendor know ASAP. If possible take a screen shot and send that in a email as well. Second i would call CP and see what is going on there

Because I am not the sender I can't do anything from what I understand to get a fire lit under the behinds of Canada Post

By calling them and telling them it has not moved and you paid for guaranteed delivery and there has been no movement, not even the usual scans on it's way to you then you would be surprised how they are going to try and trace things and get them going to cover their buts

the vendor goes for the money back

This is a small pet peeve of mine. But that is not worth me writing about at this time

CanadianCow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
It has left the original postal depot, from there has went to Richmond and then left Richmond on the 4th and it is there that it disappears.

I did contact the vendor! They argued with me about the guaranteed delivery (they said only xpress post is covered which is not true) and chalked the issue up as "the website being wonky" and that essentially it will get here eventually. I also called Canada Post and she was just as caught on the fact that it hasn't been updated since Richmond and kept telling me that the sender should start an investigation.

I feel like a ball being bounced between the vendor and Canada Post.

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Woof! seriously uncool right there! I have dealt with Vendors from Montreal Quebec to Richmond BC (and i think i know the vendor you are talking about, no need to give names) and each and every time there was a issue they always told me to give it a extra day before they would step up and find out where the package went.

Please note that the above delivery time are estimates provided by Canada Post. Delivery standards are within business days for items sent between most major urban centers and are dependent upon origin and destination. The estimated delivery day starts from when your parcel is shipped not when it is ordered. 90% of orders will be shipped within 1-2 business days. You can always track your parcel at CanadaPost.ca

That is copied from their web site (if we are talking about the same one) so that shoots them in the foot right there, as the problem is on their end. If by Thursday Mid morning/Afternoon there has been no movement and you payed by credit card or pay pal then i would see about putting in a complaint to see if you could get your money back for "goods not delivered". If you payed by email bank transfer i would suggest looking for a Canadian Moderator (like Dusty_D) and sending them a PM to see if they can help you further with idea's. Wish i could be more help then this...

On the a different note Hello there from a person who used to live in Kimberley BC.....:D

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
If the CP tracking sight says expected delivery was the 7th, then yes it is late. It is the shipper who has to get on CPs ..... It doesn't look like they want to take the time.

You should be able to go into your account, on the vendors sight, to see if you paid extra for expedited parcel service. If you did, you should be credited the extra amount, the vendor can get the credit from CP, if he chooses to take the time too.

NickFit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2012
Newfoundland
I can understand how actual delivery time is out of the vendor's control, that is really up to CP (ship out time is the vendor's responsibility though).

But if CP doesn't get the package delivered on time and the shipping costs are refunded, the customer should get the money back. I guess CP would refund the vendor as they are the ones who actually paid CP directly, but the refund should be emailed back to the customer or credit should be given to the customers account on the website.

terranq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Saskatoon, SK, CA
It has left the original postal depot, from there has went to Richmond and then left Richmond on the 4th and it is there that it disappears.

I did contact the vendor! They argued with me about the guaranteed delivery (they said only xpress post is covered which is not true) and chalked the issue up as "the website being wonky" and that essentially it will get here eventually. I also called Canada Post and she was just as caught on the fact that it hasn't been updated since Richmond and kept telling me that the sender should start an investigation.

I feel like a ball being bounced between the vendor and Canada Post.

That's BS. I had a similar issue a few weeks ago-the website said my order was delivered, but I never received it. I contacted the vendor, and they contacted CP. After a couple days, the vendor contacted me and told me CP had lost the parcel and resent my order to me.

If your vendor is telling you to tough it out, time to find a new vendor

Last edited:

CanadianCow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
Well I got it yesterday :)

As far as the shipping I think I should get the refund as well but to be honest I just don't want the fight and they would probably give me a credit and I will not use them again. I mean if it was this hard to get them to even think of starting an investigation then can you imagine the fight if I told them to give me the shipping?

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Here is something i wanted to share in a attempts you find the humor that is actually there.

The way i understand it, when you check Canada Post's web site for anything that you are tracking the times posted are in your time...If that is the case then....

Screenshot_2013-01-11-00-14-18_zps0726af83.png
I seem to have a time travelling package lol

I thought it was a error on the android phone, so i went to the playbook, and indeed it seems Canada Post is using their inter dimensional worm holes again :laugh:

Capture2_zps9c9a2e4b.jpg

Last edited:

milezteg

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 22, 2012
Canada
www.ecigmod.ca
The Richmond facility is one of the busiest in Canada, and handles all of the border traffic for parcels entering Canada. I've seen slow downs like these myself. You might want to contact Canada Post about getting a credit as the package was guaranteed, but like you said might be more hassle than it is worth. Just my :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread