Any of you gotten COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennille.wray

Oct 21, 2020
Hi. New member. I was wondering if any of you had contracted COVID? I’ve been vaping for about 7 years. Just found out I’d been in contact with someone who may be positive. Unfortunately I went to Google and it’s death and gloom regarding Vapers. So I wanted to hear from actual Vapers and their experiences.

tennille.wray

Oct 21, 2020
vaping doesn't have anything to do with a persons susceptibility to covid, underlying and or unmanaged / untreated conditions do.
Right. I just wanted to hear from Vapers who’ve gotten Covid and what it was like. I wouldn’t be worried but my aunt and uncle (non smokers/Vapers) were just in the hospital for weeks with it. So I’d rather get like individuals experiences, than the media .

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
My buddies dog's first owner's son's girlfriend had contracted covid and from what I hear, she started vaping the day after testing positive and all symptoms went away within minutes of her first few puffs. Idk if that has any scientific significance but it's a pretty positive story so I figured I'd share it.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@tennille.wray hello and welcome to ECF. :)

I hope your aunt and uncle recovered well. And I hope you don't get it.

Unfortunately I went to Google and it’s death and gloom regarding Vapers.
Haven't heard or seen that here. The CDC website has solid info. Several of the Universities where "real" and "actual" scientists and doctors doing research know the "truths" of what is happening.

As you know, wearing a mask and washing your hands are the best line of defense.

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
My buddies dog's first owner's son's girlfriend had contracted covid and from what I hear, she started vaping the day after testing positive and all symptoms went away within minutes of her first few puffs. Idk if that has any scientific significance but it's a pretty positive story so I figured I'd share it.

Spending too much time on facebook? :p

Reactions: Plumes.91

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I had it. I tested negative twice, and negative for antibodies but positive to that T cell test. Mi papa, who still has some contacts here got me into that test.

I am fairly healthy for like, a former 3 ppd smoker. It was MISERABLE but not life threatening. I had a fever of about 101 for like 10 weeks. Occasionally it spiked to 103. Never really went below 90 on a pulse ox (my mom sent me one) took a lot of inhalers. Did not go to the ER until the very end where I was like, "Okay I think this has turned into pneumonia." That is what the doc thought, anyway, but everything turned out, you know, fiine.

I never once felt I was nearing the gates of death, but there were days I kinda WANTED to, if you know what I am saying. 10 weeks sick, about a month of rehab/recovery.

It's a nasty virus but it's not the end of the world.

Anna

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I can't get covid cause I don't breath air...my vape is glued to me mouth and I vape only vg/pg
The virus pass through the coil and gets burned :p

Seriously tho anything that put stress in your lungs can make u have harder time if u get covid obviously...
It's all about the lungs bra...
Cigarette smokers have high risk as scientist say and I believe it's true...
Also even air pollution can be bad for covid patients that's why this winter it's suggested people don't burn much wood in their fireplaces in my country....
Sooo according to this maybe a vaper compared to a non vaper can have a higher risk....but in my opinion I am much more scared of the things I breath at my work as car mechanic than vaping hahahahah

I hope u don't get positive but even if u do I hope it's not a serious case for you....I wouldn't stress about vaping but I am not doctor and if I was you and I was very scared maybe I would quit vaping for a week or until I get tested for covid ....but don't smoke cigarettes hahahahaha :)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, I had it. Got it from my 24yo son living with us. Wife got it too.
For us, no big deal- like a flu or something. Fever only one day, feeling generally really crappy for a couple of days, very little coughing, mostly over it in a few days. A good bit of pain behind, and when moving the eyes. Losing sense of taste and smell only happened when we were already past the other symptoms, and lasted a few days. And unlike a cold or something, you have zero taste or smell. Bottle of cologne right under your nose- nothing. Sip a beer- might as well be Perrier.

Except.........son & wife were fine after that. But I've had daily headaches every day since I got it mid-July. Not terrible or debilitating, but annoying to have a headache at some level every single day. I'm kinda tired of it.

And I don't think vaping causes any trouble with it. In fact, nicotine is being studied as a treatment/preventative in French studies, due to the low percentage of smokers observed contracting the virus.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-france-nicotine-coronavirus.html

Research on Free-state Nicotine and Coronavirus Reveals Facts More Complex than we Thought
The Paris researchers surveyed 350 hospitalized patients and 130 patients with mild symptoms who did not need to be hospitalized. Based on total population data from 2018, the researchers wanted to check whether these patients smoked more than other people of the same gender and age. The conclusion is that smokers are very rare among these patients.”We found that only 5% of these patients are smokers. It’s a low proportion. In general, the proportion of smokers is 80% less than other coronavirus-infected patients of the same gender and age,” explained Zahir Amoura, a professor of internal medicine.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi. New member. I was wondering if any of you had contracted COVID? I’ve been vaping for about 7 years. Just found out I’d been in contact with someone who may be positive. Unfortunately I went to Google and it’s death and gloom regarding Vapers. So I wanted to hear from actual Vapers and their experiences.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might have but too busy vaping to find out.

Reactions: stols001

blues man

Mar 8, 2016
Kentucky
6672db972c0f1496205eb725ef5c6cf0204c9344.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread