Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I mean a true cigarette draw MTL....!!!
When I search for new devices, I feel lonely... I feel like i'm a dying breed... I feel left out... I feel like the MTLrs has moved on to either restrictive DL or more open MTL.
Very few devices have that special draw i'm talking about, and finding one that I like is not as easy as it used to be...They're bringing out new Dl/MTL stuff like there's no tomorrow, but very very few of them is actually a true MTL....:confused:
Ok end of rant...just wanted to blow off some :)
I'm actually just wondering who of you still do old school cigarette like draw MTL vaping?
And also what do you use?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm exclusively an MTL vaper, but I'll admit the draw on the atties I use now is not quite as tight as the ones I was using early on.

What I use most: An 0-16 with a centrally mounted coil, about 0.75 ohms on a mechanical squonker.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Origin-16. Probably able to search for a thread in the sub-forum.

I have them for my bottom feeder. All that stuff is in storage. Anyway, when I got them and tried them out, they were good. I just prefer the regulated mods.

I am not sure of the full name. I have not used my squonkers in a while.

I have a positive memory of them, though.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Vandy Vape Berserker. You won't find anything with a tighter draw
The Innokin Ares tank is pretty tight as well
Yeah I have these two. I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear enough...again.
What I neglected to say is my interest is shifting lately from tanks to RDAs and RDTAs. As its happening, i'm constantly on the look for MTL ones, but that brings along the draw problem, because they (rda, rdta) are so reliant on lots of airflow. I do have a few with the Galaxies having the best draw.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Yeah I have these two. I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear enough...again.
What I neglected to say is my interest is shifting lately from tanks to RDAs and RDTAs. As its happening, i'm constantly on the look for MTL ones, but that brings along the draw problem, because they (rda, rdta) are so reliant on lots of airflow. I do have a few with the Galaxies having the best draw.

I was going to say Berserker as well. But if that’s not tight enough for you, I don’t know what to suggest. In all my years vaping, mostly mtl, I’ve never used anything with Less air. It’s tighter than any tanks I have. The tightest tank I have is an aspire nautilus x.

I guess if you’re still looking for rta, I hear good things about the doggystyle. Rdas are in my experience far more airy, not that I have a lot of experience there. I have a Hadaly clone from fasttech that’s not too airy, but probably still more so than you seem to want.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I was going to say Berserker as well. But if that’s not tight enough for you, I don’t know what to suggest
No I didn't say the Beserker isn't tight enough. Its perfect as are most of my other tanks. Like I said my problem is with RDAs and RDTAs...
Its not easy to find them lately with a good cigarette like draw...

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
No I didn't say the Beserker isn't tight enough. Its perfect as are most of my other tanks. Like I said my problem is with RDAs and RDTAs...
Its not easy to find them lately with a good cigarette like draw...

Well, that’s what’s confusing me. Berserker is an RTA.

So... you like it, but want similar?

There are lots of mtl RTAs out there but you’re right, they sound airy in the reviews.

Reactions: stols001

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've got an old Igo-L dripper that I haven't used for a long time. It has really tight airflow. There one pinhole sized air hole. Most people who use them drill it out. If you want a dripper with super tight airflow that might be a way to go. I can't imagine even being able to vape on something with less air than the Igo.

You can still buy them, and they cost pennies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Well, that’s what’s confusing me. Berserker is an RTA.

So... you like it, but want similar?

There are lots of mtl RTAs out there but you’re right, they sound airy in the reviews.
Berserker is ALSO an RDA: Squonk ready!
cheap-Berserker-MTL-RDA_grande.jpg

OP, will you drip it or squonk it?
The issues with small MTL units are small wicks, small coils and the need to re-drip/squonk every two or three pulls.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Sounds like you might be more interested in RDAs/RDTAs so this might not be helpful, but I found out that Smokecignals carries original 510 atomizers still. $2 each plus shipping. I bought some to drip-test DIY flavors. Very tight draw, I had forgotten how tight those actually are. I'm finding they produce pretty good vapor at 10 watts. Flavor seemed a tad muted in comparison to modern equipment though. And you have to do the old-school "drip drip vape, drip drip vape", not very many pulls before you have to drip again. People may laugh but if you really want "old-school"...

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    What ive used:

Innokin t18 & t22 tanks are pretty close to a ciggy mtl draw - no airflow holes - but I quit using them. 1.5 ohm coils.

Innokin zenith tank is similar to these, just has airflow hole options and 2 coil options 1.6 & 0.8 ohm.

Just got a sxk doggy style RTA - haven't built it yet tho :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread