Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I mean a true cigarette draw MTL....!!!
When I search for new devices, I feel lonely... I feel like i'm a dying breed... I feel left out... I feel like the MTLrs has moved on to either restrictive DL or more open MTL.
I'm actually just wondering who of you still do old school cigarette like draw MTL vaping?
And also what do you use?
You need to join this group: Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I just recoiled this.
I'm not MTL, this is just for recipe testing so I don't have to rewick. I was amazed at how fast I picked back up on MTL though.
0525181520a.jpg

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I mean a true cigarette draw MTL....!!!
When I search for new devices, I feel lonely... I feel like i'm a dying breed... I feel left out... I feel like the MTLrs has moved on to either restrictive DL or more open MTL.
Very few devices have that special draw i'm talking about, and finding one that I like is not as easy as it used to be...They're bringing out new Dl/MTL stuff like there's no tomorrow, but very very few of them is actually a true MTL....:confused:
Ok end of rant...just wanted to blow off some :)
I'm actually just wondering who of you still do old school cigarette like draw MTL vaping?
And also what do you use?

Hastur mini ....

http://www.cthulhumod.com/hastur-mtl-rta-mini/

It's got a suspended deck, so more similar to an rdta.

Last edited:

Monkerfish

Dec 27, 2010
Indiana
I'm still using the pro tank II Lol....Nice tight MTL. I still also use the substank nano. I use occasionally use the vandy vapes squonker and pulse with a 1.2 ohm build vent closes most of the way. I'm old skool too. I tried sub ohm it makes me cough my brains out and I keep burning my lip. Not to mention big clouds in the house get everything all greasy. I'm with ya old school!!

vaperpro

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
dallas, tx
I'm Mtl as well. I use kayfun lite plus v2. Every once in a while I'll use a cartomizer when I don't feel like rebuilding. That's the way I started vaping, so it's always nice to vape on one every now and then. It takes me back to when I first started vaping, great times.

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have gone back to the old stuff. My COPD does not do well with even newer MTL devices. I only use my older T3s, Evods, Protank stuff now-a-days (with cotton coils at least). The only newer tank I can use is Nautilus II, and I can occasionally use an old Kayfun Lite.

Always in the market for a new box mod, so I'm not entirely shut out of the shinytitus market.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Been eyeing it. How tight can the draw go? Any wicking issues?
I vape it using ss mesh wicks ..I vape it as a squonker...the draw can be quite tight not 1mm tight but like a 1.5 mm type of draw, but it can be opened up pretty wide...with ss mesh it wicks very well....I've owned quite a few gennys, and still own quite a few high end gennys...and I think the nextera is one of the best gennys ever built when used as a squonker....at least for my style of vaping.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Yupp i'm still using these:
HVJH5Qt.jpg

Kayfun mini v2s with nemesis. I've some more setups as well but these are my main use.

So far i've yet to find something that exceeds the kayfuns which makes me abit sad.
I've not tried berserker or siren gta v2, which i'm tempted to try to replace some of my kayfuns.

I'm running out of spare parts for them so i've to retire em soon.
Altho i could order from FT, but with the new laws in sweden it's super expensive to order from china. Ie order 2$ item and u've to pay 10-15$ fee just because it's ordered in china. but oh well.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So far i've yet to find something that exceeds the kayfuns which makes me abit sad.
If I hadn't switched to squonking, I think I'd still be vaping mine.

I'm running out of spare parts for them so i've to retire em soon.
I'm surprised nobody is making spare parts kits for them anymore..?

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Kayfun mini v2s
Wow that's real old school...love it. Its got the perfect draw :thumb:
I've got an array of the newest mtl tanks, but the one that gives me the most pleasure is my Kayfun mini V3.
new laws in sweden it's super expensive to order from china. Ie order 2$ item and u've to pay 10-15$ fee just because it's ordered in china.
That's interesting. I actually agree. The whole world has given away its manufacturering to china, and are now paying the price.
Russian 91%.
I always wanted one, but can't remember why I never got one....:confused: Maybe because I ordered way to many Kayfun lites.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
If I hadn't switched to squonking, I think I'd still be vaping mine.

I'm surprised nobody is making spare parts kits for them anymore..?

Yea, they're no where to be seen atleast around here locally n such. Our last local store that had them got bought up by another company, and naturally they only carry very few specific products at overpriced rates...

Wow that's real old school...love it. Its got the perfect draw :thumb:
I've got an array of the newest mtl tanks, but the one that gives me the most pleasure is my Kayfun mini V3.

That's interesting. I actually agree. The whole world has given away its manufacturering to china, and are now paying the price.

I always wanted one, but can't remember why I never got one....:confused: Maybe because I ordered way to many Kayfun lites.

Not sure i fully understand, do you agree due the fact that china has the main market or?

In our case it was due the app "wish" got way to big in our country and ppl ordered even the smallest items for nothing, and our postal companys gained zip nada from it. From which i could agree.

But enforcing a stupid tax law ontop of multiple other stupid tax laws we've got around here it's dumb.
Also since this law went into effect, our postal offices had to return basicly all orders from china because noone wanted to pay the fee. It's a loss either way. NOW WE have to pay to send the .... back.
Well it's a long story why it's stupid law enforced upon us. But atleast this one isn't due vaping. It's due WISH got such a popularity around here.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread