any opinions on the v2 brands??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxsuze

Aug 27, 2011
Pacifica, CA
I started with V2 back in August-it seems to be considered a 'beginners' setup, but it meets my needs for the time being (and for the foreseeable future)
The customer service has been responsive (one of the 'long cigs' I ordered had a faulty battery)-it was promptly replaced. One piece of advice I have if you do decide to go with V2 is not to overstock on their prefilled (flavored) cartomizers - it was shortly after I started with e-cig that I was wanting to select my own flavors. I also had a reaction to the base that their flavors are made with-I'm stuck with a TON of peppermint flavor cartomizers (not sure I'm using the right word) and many others that I won't use....using VG liquid only, the flavor is better, I have more control over the nicotine content, and I'm not having a weird reaction to it.
I can answer questions about the specific devices I bought from V2 if you need more assistance. Again, from what I've seen, V2 is not too well-recommended here, but it has worked for me thus far and I'm happy with it.
Best of luck, let me know if I can provide any more specific info.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
V2 was my first good experience with PVs. They have some good flavors, great customer service, and a good warranty. I was a pack a day smoker and found that I really needed their pcc to keep up with my old habit. I was really impressed with V2 when I first got them, but less than a week after getting everything I wound up getting a Tornado tank (Ego-T) and wish I had started with something like this in the first place.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
V4L is pretty much the same thing with lower prices and custom longer cutoff on many batteries for longer drags. V2 however may give a lifetime warranty on their batteries. I recommend manual batteries - harder to damage or kill with juices leaks, easier to get a good hit. Most here use and recommend manual ecigs.

You can get V2. It's not 4.2v like they say - all 3.7v batteries are briefly 4.2v fresh off the charger but they are called 3.7v batteries, not 4.2v - that's just their sales bs. They are not a registered supplier here. V4L is and has a forum here.

It can use cartos from V4L, SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet, Halocigs G6 and any other 2.5 to 3 ohm KR808D-1 threaded batteries. On manuals you can also use a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer and drip tip to test juices.

JesByChance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
NorCal
I'm using the V2 Standard kit...got two of the long manual batteries and I also added the powercig passthrough. I purchased them back in December and am still very happy with them. Their customer service has been top notch as I've had to return a faulty power adaptor and battery but they send out a replacement and then you send the faulty equipment back. Pretty good turn around. Agree with rxsuze about the cartridges, you can find better and at better prices. You will also learn that you can use other cartridge types, like fluxomizers and others that give an even thicker vape and better taste. A couple of things to note:

1. Bar none, this is the BEST forum for getting advice on all KINDS of e-cig products from batteries to liquids to ohms and voltages (which you'll want to understand to get the best experience out of vaping and to keep you away from those nasty analogs.
2. You also have to know that V2 batteries are 808D's vs. the 510's which are very popular. This will help you to find the right kinds of cartridges or "izers" out there that will fit the battery connector or to know if you need to purchase an adaptor for it as 510 devices will NOT work with the 808 unless you have an adaptor.
3. voltages vs ohms - the long batteries are 4.2 volts and the passthrough is 5.1 volts. This is important to know as the different cartridges out there, some can come in different ohms. For the 4.2 volts, you'll want to hit about 2.4-2.6 ohms and for the 5.1 volts 2.8-3.0 ohms. This affects the "flavor" of the vapor. Example if you used a 2.4-2.6 ohm cartridge on a 5.1 volt device, you'll probably end up with a vapor that tastes burnt, whereas if you were to put it on a 4.2 device, it would probably taste as it should.

There is TONS of information on this forum and tons of video's out on youtube on reviews of different types of e-cigs, juices, cartridges, etc...I've only been "vaping" for a little over a month and am now to the point where I understand a lot of what is going on and comfortable enough with "tweaking" my humble inventory. I was fortunate enough to have someone lead me to some great web sites for ordering. Unfortunately, I DID NOT take his advice, doing research on my own as he suggested getting the EGO - T variable battery and fluxomizers and drip tips along with suggesting a site to purchase e-juice. I chose to go on my own and get the V2 kit. Not BAD but I should have listened to him after researching and experimenting.

I hope it's not in bad form to suggest vendors (and I have no affiliation with them other than as a customer) but here's what I've found from my trials and errors:

gotvapes.com is a REALLY GOOD website to hit for alternatives to cartridges. I ended up picking up fluxomizers from their web site and got the 2.4-2.6 ohm version and found that it burned the liquid on the passthrough but worked fine with the batteries. The flavor and vape they provided with a little bit of modification was pretty good. I then tried their "Vortex cartridges" and it TOTALLY opened up the flavor of the juices I had. They have just released a newer version the vornado which replaced the vortex, which I ordered and if they are exactly like the vortexes, they will be awesome but from what I've seen they have some significant improvements, which is even BETTER!

4. E-liquid is important and not related to v2 specifically but generally, you'll probably spend some money finding that right juice for your taste but once you do...you won't have to go experimenting for a long time unless you want to. You'll also need to understand your preference of VG vs. PG liquids or a mix in a ratio between the two. I've just started playing with mixing the two as I've been 100% VG other than what comes standard with the V2's. They don't say. From what I gather from everyone's feedback on this site, VG gives a LOT of vapor as compared to PG but PG gives the throat hit (along with mg of nicotine). I was lucky and finally found a mix that I like! Perfect vape, flavor and throat hit.

americaneliquidstore.com is the site I go to for e-liquid. Trial and error with this. Found I didn't like tobacco flavor (who knew, being a marlboro light smoker for 28 years). Tried butter rum, amaretto, irish coffee all 100% VG and like butter rum but found it's got a lot of "stuff" in the liquid that gunks my vortexes, amaretto is nice a clean liquid and nice flavor. Didn't care of the irish coffee at all. Outstanding customer service. Told them I didn't like the tobacco and wanted to exchange so they sent me at my request to try the irish coffee. It came in and I REALLY didn't like it and they were kind enough to send me (after a lot of questions) blackberry champagne and my first mix of 80vg and 20pg. THIS is now my favorite by FAR.

I spent a little more than I had thought starting up but now that I'm narrowing down what I like, I think the expense will become manageable. In any event, the way I look at it is that it's MUCH better than smoking, so the little extra expense right now is worth it. ANYTHING to keep me off of analogs. I've been smoke free since the 8th of December with no urges to go back and that's saying something! Good luck on your journey with e-cigs. You've found the best forum to support you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread