The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any other tanks better then the Kanger Protank

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Pwall805, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pwall805

Pwall805 Full Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    I love how airy the Protank is on my evic and I'm just wondering is their any other tanks better then the Protank that's just as airy?

2. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    I've not found one, then again, I don't go looking for anything with as much darn air as a Protank. :)

3. Pwall805

Pwall805 Full Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    I feel like its better and gives you a smoother feel

4. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I prefer to call it an easier draw rather than airy. Airy to me would mean getting more air than vapor. I find that the protanks draw is just easier than most and provides lots of vapor not air. I don't want to burst a blood vessel in my head to get the nicotine I love so much. That is why the protank's easy draw is preferred by me and many others.

5. Skidooxteam

Skidooxteam Full Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Casper wy USA
    I think that the viva nova tank is also a very "airy" tank like the protank. I prefer a less "airy," tank myself such as the carto tank lava tube, or even just a standard 1.8 low ohm Boge cartomizer to drip into like a atomizer. I feel it's more airy and taste better without the tank on it, give it a shot!

6. xpackaday

xpackaday Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like it. Easier draw than most. I also used the evod because it is smaller. Just order my second tank. First one has been rocking since mid April.

7. Bill's Magic Vapor

Bill's Magic Vapor Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    Protank has imitations and competitors. If I had to look at something else, I would suggest and air flow controller:

Tank Airflow Controller

I thought the Protank was a very airy draw when I got it. I got used to it though. However, adding the AFC allows me to customize the draw. I now vape my Protank, more like an EVOD draw, and I really really like my Protanks again. I did just order the Davide Glassomiizer, and plan to order the Protank V2 when it comes in, but I'm really liking my AFC. Best to you.

8. mackievill

mackievill Full Member

Jun 21, 2013
    still figuring it out
    I use the AGI.. no problems so far

9. Ap1910

Ap1910 Full Member Verified Member

I like my kruzer one tank,litle expensive but good,also comes in two versions hot and cold air

10. MzWizardOfVape

MzWizardOfVape Full Member Verified Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Kansas City
    I do like my protanks but occationally use a Kanger MT3s.

11. Pwall805

Pwall805 Full Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    You explained it a lot better then me. Thanks

12. cyberwolf

cyberwolf Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Coral Springs, FL
    I've been vaping the AnyVape Davide Glassomizer from Viper-Vape for a few days now and I really like it. It vapes pretty much exactly the same as the ProTank, but has a modular tank construction and a removable tip.

13. Jazzi Mike

Jazzi Mike Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2013
    Michigan
    The Dbox puritank or whatever is a copy of the Protank. I dunno much about it, but I've been seeing it at some vendors. You might try that.

14. John_

John_ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

How does this affect the draw on a protank? The tank itself has notches in the bottom.

15. woody8729

woody8729 Full Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Shenzhen, China
    :p Show the equipment?

16. DaxFX

DaxFX Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Puerto Rico
    Protank v2
    Mini protank
    Evods with protank head (not glass)
    Puritank
    Kamry x9 and x10 protank clone (not glass)
    Anyvape davide

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

17. Heuristic

Heuristic Full Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    You might try the Tatroe Tank by Cigtechs. All stainless, you can use custom drip-tips, and it even uses the same replacement heads as the Protank.

[​IMG]

18. Centurion

Centurion Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    East Coast USA
    I would recommend the Tatroe if you like the Protank. Can use all the evod/protank heads you have, bases too. Tatroe stuff's machined really well. I have two of their tanks with two of their new SS base caps. Very nice. Very similar to protank. Improved draw though. I've used both evod and protank heads with it and it's better than the stock protank using either.

19. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    If you want to try a Really airy tank get a Smok Vivi.
    Makes the ProTank seem like sucking through a cocktail straw.:facepalm:
    Personally I hate it.:2c:

20. olerris

olerris Full Member

Jul 16, 2013
    California
    Bought a phiniac a couple weeks ago and I haven't looked back. My cartomizer never gets loose and they all are perfect for liquids that can melt a tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.