Any other VV devices on the same level as the Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

withravenoushunger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
In terms of quality. I can easily say the Provari is way above most PVs. I don't think I've seen or heard of another variable voltage device that's as quality as the Provari. Is there anything else like it or maybe something upcoming? For the longest time it seems the Provari has remained at the top of VV devices.

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
The i taste mvp.

Built like a tank and is vv
it can only go to 5v but thats all i need and it wont read your resistant but that is why i have a multi meter for and the battery is 3000 mah last 2 days for me
best of all there is no pulse with modulation just a strict dc signal you set it at 4 volts and it puts out a strait 4 volts no modulation that makes for a good constant vape
and i am not shure about warentys but mine takes a hello of beating every day at work and is still going strong
well worth the 60$ it cost my girl has a white provari and i feel like the mvp vapes just the same if not a little better because the voltage is constant

i even like how easy it is to change voltage compared to the provari just hit the voltage up or down and your done no stupid one button menu

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've been a Provari fan for quite a while. I got my first one nearly 2 years ago; and it's still working perfectly. It's been upgraded to version 2. IMO, it's the best vv device out there.
I did pick up a MVP for my GF at Vapestock, a couple weeks ago; and I must say it's very nice. It seems well built. We'll see if it stands the test of time.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah but it is truly VW only, right?

Yes - VW only. Personally, and I've expressed this previously, I don't see any difference between VV & VW. I know that's viewed as sacreligous, from both fans' perspectives, but I don't. I change VW as often as I change VV, and I haven't been able to identify any fine-tuning advantages from one nor the other.

MY opinions:

1. The concept of "set & forget" was nothing more than a marketing ploy, and
2. VW fine tunes perfectly well. At least with with .1 increments on a DNA20.

I can't say enough that "Variable" is the key word in either equation. The trailing word is but but semantics.

Let the arguments begin. I've got to leave for work. Have fun, one & all.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Yes - VW only. Personally, and I've expressed this previously, I don't see any difference between VV & VW. I know that's viewed as sacreligous, from both fans' perspectives, but I don't. I change VW as often as I change VV, and I haven't been able to identify any fine-tuning advantages from one nor the other.

MY opinions:

1. The concept of "set & forget" was nothing more than a marketing ploy, and
2. VW fine tunes perfectly well. At least with with .1 increments on a DNA20.

I can't say enough that "Variable" is the key word in either equation. The trailing word is but but semantics.

Let the arguments begin. I've got to leave for work. Have fun, one & all.

There are really people who think VW is somehow not as good or better than VV?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
There are really people who think VW is somehow not as good or better than VV?

Yessir, I'm aware. And I feel strongly that they're equal. Both allow me the luxury of going exactly where I need to go, and both do it extraordinarily well.

Like my children, I love them.equally.

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
The new svoemesto mod might be, but it just recently came out.

Just received one today, as an addition to my provari mini. Build quality is every bit equal to the provari, fit and finish is at least on par. With the 18350, it's lighter than the provari mini. Vv or vw doesn't matter, it'll do both..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What is the reasoning? :confused:

Speaking personally, I have absolutely no need for variable wattage. I purchase all of my juice delivery devices with the same resistance (2.5 - 3.0 ohm) because I know that is the resistance range that performs best at the voltages that I use. I don't use low resistance atomizers at all. I prefer a cooler vape and low resistance gives me a harsh vape that I don't care for.

Variable wattage is useful for those people who have a variety of resistances to choose from. If that is you, then perhaps an APV that has variable wattage is a better choice for YOU. If that is the case, a Provari is not for you. Simple.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Speaking personally, I have absolutely no need for variable wattage. I purchase all of my juice delivery devices with the same resistance (2.5 - 3.0 ohm) because I know that is the resistance range that performs best at the voltages that I use. I don't use low resistance atomizers at all. I prefer a cooler vape and low resistance gives me a harsh vape that I don't care for.

Variable wattage is useful for those people who have a variety of resistances to choose from. If that is you, then perhaps an APV that has variable wattage is a better choice for YOU. If that is the case, a Provari is not for you. Simple.

Every mass produced delivery device I know of has a tolerance range of resistances that is significant (+/- 0.2 ohms I believe for typical cartos). And it's quite common to get one that's further out of spec than that. Many also change resistance slightly at different usage levels or points in their lifespans. VW is absolutely no worse, and in many cases better than VV. There really is no logical argument against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread