Any real confiscations yet?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, we have had all sorts of musings here about the FDA. Whether they have declared war on these evil e-cigarettes through their henchmen in US customs. It is way too easy for fear mongering to get a foot hold and for us to start stockpiling liquid and parts all over conjecture and speculation.
Except for mismarked shipments, does anyone have afirmative knowledge of any confiscations?? This goes for any country, I just don't know what to call all the various regulatory agencies.
I have yet to see a report in any of these threads and just want a concise answer if there have been enforcement actions. My bet is Australia and the like aside, the answer is no!

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Thanks Outwest for the information. Just to let you know they were properly marked. Lacey, if you are tired of providing information on a paticular thread why do you respond?

Because it is clearly evident that some have no clue what they are talking about and they are contributing to mass hysteria. They are not suppliers, nor do they order large quantities. Suppliers are attempting to weigh in on this and it is curious as to why no-one wants to listen. There are at least 10 threads pertaining to this...

It is just a shame that this hysteria talk continues. There are so many other things to focus on... like how do we get these approved? What actions need to be taken? What is the best route for approval? We certainly don't want to have to hide in our houses making our own juice? Does anyone think the FDA is going to allow THAT to happen? There do need to be regulations. There will be taxing.

I did not mean to offend you by my comment if I did. I take the future of e-cigs seriously, and not because I supply them, but because I smoke mine exclusively. I have been a smoker for 16 years and never thought I would get off of the tobacco... Never. As an American I am concerned about the bans and the loss of freedoms we are seeing.

I think it is time for us all to focus on stepping forward and not having hype scare us like the anti's attempt to do.

Puffin

Jan 3, 2009
Because it is clearly evident that some have no clue what they are talking about and they are contributing to mass hysteria. They are not suppliers, nor do they order large quantities. Suppliers are attempting to weigh in on this and it is curious as to why no-one wants to listen. There are at least 10 threads pertaining to this...

I was just replying to the subject of the thread, staying on topic and reporting my experience and current circmstance.

Stymey

Feb 13, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
/agree with Lu

At the moment I'm keeping a close eye on Pilot truck stops personally. Seem to be one of the only "chain" stores that are actually stocking the devices currently. Think I read somewhere that Wal-Mart is supposed to start stocking them in like April? Anyone else hear anything about it? Seems to me, once it hit's Wal-Marts store shelf it's all over and the US should be able to stop worrying (I'll breathe much easier anyway)

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
With alot of the suppliers running dangerously low, I had to resort to buying off ebay to get supplies. This was do to the chinese new year. After winning my auction and making payment, ebay promptly cancelled my winning bid. To make a long story short, I recieved my parcel 8 days after making payment. The customs sticker on the parcel says "electronics" with a listed value of $10.00. Where was the FDA? My point is this, The FDA would be seizing all parcels that were suspect from the smallest to the largest. I just ordered juice form david, it will be interesting to see how it is marked. I also got in the east coast buy from K. Don't buy into everything you think you hear as we have plenty of reputable suppliers here that would be screaming bloody murder if their orders were getting held up.

rsmith76

With alot of the suppliers running dangerously low, I had to resort to buying off ebay to get supplies. This was do to the chinese new year. After winning my auction and making payment, ebay promptly cancelled my winning bid. To make a long story short, I recieved my parcel 8 days after making payment. The customs sticker on the parcel says "electronics" with a listed value of $10.00. Where was the FDA? My point is this, The FDA would be seizing all parcels that were suspect from the smallest to the largest. I just ordered juice form david, it will be interesting to see how it is marked. I also got in the east coast buy from K. Don't buy into everything you think you hear as we have plenty of reputable suppliers here that would be screaming bloody murder if their orders were getting held up.

rsmith76

While it's always possible, it is far more unlikely for a small package to get as much focus going through customs. The consumer orders from China are likely 99% safe at customs. You just have the problem that getting any follow up or warranty service is not as practical or likely. What I was aiming at here was whether suppliers were seeing an issue on major shipments.

GoldenP51

Feb 8, 2009
it is just a shame that this hysteria talk continues. There are so many other things to focus on... Like how do we get these approved? What actions need to be taken? What is the best route for approval? We certainly don't want to have to hide in our houses making our own juice? Does anyone think the fda is going to allow that to happen? There do need to be regulations. There will be taxing.

I think it is time for us all to focus on stepping forward and not having hype scare us like the anti's attempt to do.

x2!! Agree 100%

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
The word "Cigarette" catches the eye of customs. There are many laws on importing cigarettes and it takes a lot of paper work to even try to import them. So they X-ray the package and see the E-cigs. They may see it as labeled wrong. At that point it is an unknown item. The liquid looks to be a medicine by the set standards so it is sent to the FDA for identification. If it was marked “vaporizer” it would be passed off even after X-ray because they expect to see something strange. Government operating procedures are very strange and sometimes they contradict each other. One thing marked one way will be allowed to pass while the same thing marked another way won’t. There is nothing illegitimate about marking it “vaporizer” it is just what they prefer it to be called. When they x-ray something it is just like they opened it up and looked inside. I know this from experience. So I am sure that they have knowingly let them pass all the time. I would like to know what they would do with a shipment of candy cigarettes labeled just “Cigarettes” instead of “Stick Candy” which is what most of the boxes I have seen are labeled.

I choose not to join the hysteria, you just have to look at it from a government checkpoint perspective and it all makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread