• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any SA stockists of tested/ ingredient disclosed e-liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I'm a bit concerned about what exactly is in my e-liquids but I read on the forums that some have been "tested" and the manufacturer gives full disclosure of the "results" or what the actual ingredients are.
Wicked liquids in the UK seems to be one of these. So I ask local suppliers do you stock any of these "tested" liquids or are you just buying whatever the Chinese are flogging at the best price. Contents unknown.?
njoy carts are way too expensive for any sort of long term vapinship -and these apparently haven't been tested or ingredients disclosed, so are there any alternatives out here in the form of disclosed liquids?
I just don't trust no name brand Chinese anything and if I can possibly avoid, I will.

VapingSA

Jun 26, 2009
The liquids that I bring in have not been tested by any independent lab, but I can guarantee you that my suppliers themselves do very thorough testing themselves to make sure that the liquid is of a high standard.

I am planning to send the liquids that I bring in to a lab here in SA to determine that the ingredients are safe, I am still busy getting a sample of each possible flavor, so I will post the results here as soon as there is anything to report.

Hope this helps :)

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
The liquids that I bring in have not been tested by any independent lab, but I can guarantee you that my suppliers themselves do very thorough testing themselves to make sure that the liquid is of a high standard.

I am planning to send the liquids that I bring in to a lab here in SA to determine that the ingredients are safe, I am still busy getting a sample of each possible flavor, so I will post the results here as soon as there is anything to report.

Hope this helps :)

That's great news. Keep us posted.:thumbs:

stephenrowley

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It should be know that there is one manufacture of liquid in china, and they supply just about every manufacture of electronic cigarettes in the world, so 9/10 you will be buying what every one else is selling, some will add lorann flavouring to their liquid to enhance the flavour to create their own versions of the same flavour

VapingSA

Jun 26, 2009
@ Stephen:

I'm pretty sure you've been in the business a bit longer than I have, but according to a lot of my suppliers many of their juice is actually manufactured in Japan because the laws in Japan aren't so strict as in China.

I know that at least 2 of my suppliers get it from Japan, but like I mentioned earlier (and I'm sure this is so for all of the suppliers in China), they do test the liquid thoroughly for quality.

Barkingmad

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
South Africa
Copied this from the twisp website:

TWISP liquids are all made by Janty who are renowned for the best liquids on the market and have been tested for impurities by the University of Naples and the TUV testing labs in Germany, and do not contain substandard ingredients or carcinogens which would show traces of Diethylene Glycol (Cheap Propylene Glycol) and Nitrosamines (Tobacco residue).

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
That's true! They only label it differently, but in the end, all the e-cigs come from the east.

Better to say all the vaporizer parts come from the East because some parts are made in the West eg. Prodigy.
But anyway this thread is about e-liquids, juice or whatever else we call it here.

In any case the more info we have on our juices the better because sooner or later the MCC is going interfere and it will boil down to labelling and classification.
Secondary concern is the safety issue because we're all going on "faith" here but anyway...

In the main boards there is conflicting info from one USA made juice analysis and the bone of contention is that the suppliers of Nicotine to that juice manufacturer may or may not have supplied Nicotine fit or not fit for human consumption, and, quite frankly, any question of nicotine not fit for human consumption, is pretty worrying i my books. But hey, is the nicotine in analogs fit for human consumption? Is the not fit for human consumption supplied Nicotine from anybody a pesticide?
I'd have to admit and I've mentioned earlier, that I've very little faith in anything Chinese especially anything Chinese supplied to SA as we're pretty much a good dumping ground for their cheap, well, everything. Pick anything anywhere up these days and it's Chinese made. So, for the moment, I'll have to act on faith and if one Chinese company is making 90% of the global e-liquid I'd take my chances and smoke that until something better proven comes along and yeah, I hope this e-liquid from the 90% Company is full of nicotine fit for human consumption, whatever that means.

TheDealer

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 23, 2009
I agree with you on smoking it on faith until something better comes along. I'm sure they will keep on improving the juices, but it's for sure a hell lot better that normal cigarettes!! (Even if the juice is not fit for human consumption) Just a personal opinion.
But would be great if they get to a stage where everthing have been tested and approved. :)

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
@ Stephen:

I'm pretty sure you've been in the business a bit longer than I have, but according to a lot of my suppliers many of their juice is actually manufactured in Japan because the laws in Japan aren't so strict as in China.

I know that at least 2 of my suppliers get it from Japan, but like I mentioned earlier (and I'm sure this is so for all of the suppliers in China), they do test the liquid thoroughly for quality.

That's news to me. I'm a South African in Japan and as far as I know advertising and selling of juice over the internet is illegal in Japan. I searched high and low on every conceivable website for weeks and weeks. I found ONE small listing on an obscure website, and the ugly plastic bottles looked cheap, and IMHO most definitely came from China and had been re-bottled. I didn't buy it. I have had to buy all my liquids from outside Japan. Totally Wicked UK, Johnson Creek and Chinese suppliers like Ryuandirect and Eastmall even bought from Amazon.com.
I think 99% of liquids come from China.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I think the implication was that the juices were possibly being Manufactured in Japan but not necessarily sold there.
Because laws are more lax in Japan.?
I'd have thought, if anything Japan has far stricter laws than China.
Who knows? But I'd agree that most juice is coming from China and we all know their safety record or lack of, to date, with other products. I just get nervous when any middleman assures me about their quality testing. Quality of what? Has the middleman been to the factory? to the Lab? Who certifys the supposed quality? There's so many unanswered questions. So ok, faith for now, but the sooner we have credible local lab test reports all the better for business and all the ducks in a row before the MCC interferes (which is just a matter of time).
But as seems so often to be the case in this country it's just make a quick buck and run when there're problems. My suggestion to you local suppliers is to form an association of sorts and work with each other so you're prepared when the road gets bumpy as it's happening in the US.

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier ad

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I think the implication was that the juices were possibly being Manufactured in Japan but not necessarily sold there.
Because laws are more lax in Japan.?
I'd have thought, if anything Japan has far stricter laws than China.
Who knows? But I'd agree that most juice is coming from China and we all know their safety record or lack of, to date, with other products. I just get nervous when any middleman assures me about their quality testing. Quality of what? Has the middleman been to the factory? to the Lab? Who certifys the supposed quality? There's so many unanswered questions. So ok, faith for now, but the sooner we have credible local lab test reports all the better for business and all the ducks in a row before the MCC interferes (which is just a matter of time).
But as seems so often to be the case in this country it's just make a quick buck and run when there're problems. My suggestion to you local suppliers is to form an association of sorts and work with each other so you're prepared when the road gets bumpy as it's happening in the US.
It is extremely unlikely that smoke juice is manufactured in Japan. Laws are very strict here and are abided by all. There is practically zero crime as drugs and guns are illegal and NOT tolerated at all. Swift deportation for any crime or in the case of a national, put away for a VERY long time, with no hope of of employment or a normal life (for him or his immediate family) ever again (on release). A very effective deterrent indeed.
Another point of note, is that Japan is a very expensive country and any service or anything made in Japan is expensive. An illegal cottage industry making smoke juice would not be viable at all, as the final product it would be far too expensive with no market to sell it in. The e-cig (ready made) carts in Japan can only be sold with zero nicotine juice, ie. no nicotine juice carts are available anywhere.
The supplier of the OP is just taking a chance IMHO.

To change the subject.... How is vaping in public in SA? Any problems? None of my friends or family had even heard of e-cigs until I made a little (bragging) video on my Facebook profile, hehehe.... They are all - the smokers that is - green with envy. I'm going next year for the World Cup, and I'm thinking instead of the usual prezzies, I will stock up on e-cigs (from China) and hand those out instead. Any thoughts? Could I have problems at customs?

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I just realized I chimed in on an SA board, while I do apologize for what seems like a post on a board not relevant to me, my supplier is bestecig.com in China, whom I believe a great deal of people buy from... So for those who do purchase from BestEcig, I guess that information was for you.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Can't edit post....
P.S. I'm from cape town too!!! I just noticed your siggy. I'm a Green point girl, how about you?

We're neighbours:D anyway my best pal was assigned to tokyo and I don't how you survive that place it's horrendously expensive. I note your comment about some suppliers here taking chances. They are for sure, and buying through middlemen is not the cheapest or best way necessarily- at least not in SA. Anything to make a buck, but to be fair there probably is a decent supplier or two. The rest will buy the cheapest chinese rubbish they can afford and charge as much as they can or auction the stuff on bidorbuy.
e-cigs and supplies will make really good pressies:D They are still a novelty mostly unheard of and unseen. 2 brands, twisp and NJoy have the market cornered with NJoy currently leading the race but the prices are beyond reach of most people and only in selected pharmacies and on the web.
All the smokers I know want them. Bring me some.:) Shouldn't have any problems getting them in. Yet.

Last edited:

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I just realized I chimed in on an SA board, while I do apologize for what seems like a post on a board not relevant to me, my supplier is bestecig.com in China, whom I believe a great deal of people buy from... So for those who do purchase from BestEcig, I guess that information was for you.

Thanks for posting that info. :thumbs:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I couldn't post in this forum anymore and finally worked out that I have to join - duh :)!!
I haven't belonged to anything South African for 10 years, so this is nice....
OMG Vaporista!!! I went to look at that bidorbuy site that you mentioned and the prices are outrageous. Honestly if I lived in SA I would do importing and supplying as a side business.
BTW can anyone tell me how much cigarettes (analogs) cost in SA these days, just to get a reference point. Like the most expensive and cheapest. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread