Any strategies to cut down on chain vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
when i switched from cigs to mtl vaping i thought i would be using it the same way as a cig.... 20-25 puffs then set it down.....repeat after an hour or so...and so on.

But this thing is glued to my hand now....i use it for long stretches.....on 12 mg and 70 vg....no adverse reactions....but im wondering if i need to break this chain valing pattern and what might be the best way to go about it.
How many years did you smoke and how much did you smoke? How long have you been vaping?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TicklingFancy

Verified Member
Mar 22, 2017
Watching this because I chain vape at times too. Sometimes I think I'm not getting enough Nic (down to 1 1/2 ml) and other times because I'm kinda mindlessly vaping while I'm on my iPad. I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do when I started a couple of months ago to kick the cigs.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
For me this changed automatically after about 8 months. I still chain vape for 30 minutes or so at a time, but when necessary, I can and do put it down for long periods of time.

When I do my Sunday thing, I`m away from a vape for at least 6 hours, sometimes more. No big deal.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Im already at 12mg…don't fancy going higher….if i get a higher mg i'll probably end up chain vaping that…which will be worse.

I do practise things like leaving the mod behind sometimes when i go out….thats a good trick.

Smokers are addicted to the hand to mouth habit as much as they are to nic. That, and other chemicals in tobacco cigarettes that aren't in our vape.

It's the reason that we can drop our nic, but it's hard to slow our vaping frequency. If it's in our hand, our brain says, "More!".

Most of us started at 18mg and 24mg. Some started at 36mg. 12mg is fairly light for someone who's trying to quit cigarettes.

The thing about nicotine is that you can start at high nic and taper off down to nothing without craving more. You just vape more often when you are at low nic levels to make up the difference. As long as there's some nic in the vapor the brain learns to cope. Go to zero and it's strange for a while. Our taste buds can tell the difference if there's no nic bite, however small it may be. I was happy at 3mg, but missing something at zero.

Chain vaping is very common. It's more habit than addiction. If it worries you, just cut down your wattage. You'll get less vapor and less nic.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I got a Fidget Cube. Two, actually, one for each hand. And started chewing on them.
That's hilarious.
:laugh:

We just got our two Fidget Cubes and I'm a little disappointed.
I'm 6'5 and have big hands, so it's too small for me.
:(

My wife digs it though.

Her favorite side is the one with the little roller ball.
But she also has an affinity for the side with the clicky dots.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm not a chain vaper, technically, but there are times when I do chain vape. Usually when sitting watching TV, reading or playing on the computer.

OP, you say you only go through about 3ml of liquid. I go through 5ml pretty consistently. Chain vapers usually go through more than that.

How long have you been vaping? The longer the time away from smoking, the easier it gets to be able to put it away for longer periods of time.

I will never stop vaping. I enjoy it, it does no harm to me and it satisfies the Habit of smoking that I have a harder time getting rid of. I just can't sit and do nothing.

I am able to leave it home for periods of time. Or if I am working out in the yard, it can be hours before I even think about it. Keeping busy helps, if you really feel the need to get away from vaping.

Good luck on your journey. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
luckily i manage to keep my consumption down to around 3 ml a day…since i use low watts and single spaced coils.

Thought I would bring this forward for comparison. I vape approximately 5 ml per day. I use a micro coil at 1.9 - 2.4 ohm. I vape at 3.3 - 3.6v depending on how dirty my coil is.

My liquid is 70/30 PG/VG @ 6mg nic.

Sometimes I feel like I'm chain vaping because the pv rarely leaves my hand. I think I fiddle with it more than I vape. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread