The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any suggestions for a holster with top flap?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by tom_chang79, Sep 9, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tom_chang79

tom_chang79 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    CA
    I use the extension cap with an Aga-T2 on top of my Provari full size, any good flashlight holster for it? I don't like the lanyard, would like something I can put on my belt...

2. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    The holsters on this site. is what I ordered, I should have them today or tomorrow.

Gepetto Mod's Shop

3. j3suss

j3suss Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    N/A
    When you have it I would like that you take the photo with provari please... :)

4. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I will, they tried to deliver it today, and of course I was at work, just one more day. Plus my hippo's showed up in NY today.
    My camera takes kind of poor pics though

Sorry tom, when I read your post this morning, I read that as, "with flat top" not top flap.

5. Ipster

Ipster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Tom
    Have you looked at SerenityGear Leather - Home ?
    They sell out quickly, handmade items quite common to see PVari w/batt ext. as model.

6. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I was able to get one dino hide from serenity, but its just a sleeve, not a belt holster, that is why I wanted to try this. It is not perfectly what I am looking for, but after looking for 2 months, I had to have something. What I really want is just like this, but it needs to have a belt clip, so I don't have to keep sliding the provari in and out of the sleeve, I did my best with my cheep camera.

Provari holster 1 001.jpg Provari holster 1 002.jpg

Provari holster 1 003.jpg Provari holster 1 004.jpg

7. tom_chang79

Aug 4, 2013
    CA
    Very tactical-looking! I like it!

8. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    After using the above holster, for about 4 days, I realized it was not going to work the way I wanted, so I took a old belt, and cut off a strip of it long enough to fit length wise in the loop of the holster. I had an old cell phone holster with the kind of clip I like. I drilled 4 holes threw the 2 pieces and used pop rivets, to attach my holster to the clip. I will try this next week and see how I like it, but it looks like the only thing, I might want to do is to trim off the excess leather around my belt piece.

001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg

9. Ipster

Supporting member
    O, I C! :) A "quick snap" kind of attachment. Well done. Looks good.

10. Ipster

Supporting member
    as the old saying goes..."you done good". Hind sight being 20-20..I seem to recall theres accessories on eBay? Did you try them also?
    They have a policy about eCig sales, but "accessory" items like desk stands, caddy, etc seem to be available too. curious to see how this suits you during the work week.

11. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    No, I didn't check ebay, I bought a holster like this one also for a mini, and I have one more clip like this one, that I will use for it, and I should be good, I just wish serenity gear would make some thing like this, I don't really want to alter his work, because I know I would screw it up.

12. tom_chang79

Aug 4, 2013
    CA
    I checked out the Serenity gear stuff, wasn't a fan if any of the designs personally... If there was a nice clean black one, I might bite, but so far not really into any of their design...

Was thinking about doing something similar to you Kas, I have a bunch of holsters with detachable clips for my old phone laying around, just need to draw up an interface for it and print a plastic holster...

:)

13. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I bought one of his sleeves, not one with a ring, and what I liked about it, before I had this, was it would prevent the button from being pushed when its in your pocket. and I use it around the house a lot.

14. Paul.K

Paul.K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    California
    I know it doesn't have top flap but seems very tight. The holster also swivels in horizontal position. I just picked out up at Lowe's for $9. It fits very tight and also has on open slot (at top) so button sites not get smashed too bad. I will be turning off the power while I'm holster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

15. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Works great, I thought I would want to trim it down some, to match the width of my belt piece, but I found it gives me a kind of handle, while I am using it. :)

16. Vicshalls

Vicshalls Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Does anyone know how f geppeto is making those holsters any more? I like them and wanted one but see it says add to wishlist.

17. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
    This one doesn't have a fold over flap....I don't have one but this was emailed to me thru a promotional offer -

G Case Mod Holder

18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    Sorry, my fault. I mentioned them about a week ago in another thread. I guess some people ordered a few. :(

19. kas122461

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I just wanted to say, that after using my Gepetto holster for a while, I am fairly sure that these are simulated leather, its still A nice holster, and after a few modifications I made, it has been great, but some of the stitching pulled out, and I had to repair it with a rivet. I just wanted to bring this up that it is not leather, I am very rough on it, and it is just about worn out, I might get another month, or 2 at the most out of it.

KAS

20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    That's a bummer. This guy makes custom flashlight holsters Home - Thor's Hammer Custom Leather Mods are basically the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.