Any suggestions for quick steeping/shake 'n' vape recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'm just starting out vaping and DIYing, it is all so new to me that my flavours only arrived today and my gram scales will be here on Monday.

Sounds cool, but I'm running real low on my commercial ejuice [Ruthless Dulce De tobacco] while trying to quit smoking. I promise I'll be more organised once I get my first batch going!

I have TFA RY4 Double concentrate as my tobacco flavour with 20mg 100% PG nicotine shots and 1 x 1000ml PG, 1 x 1000ml VG. Ideally, I'd like to get close to the Dulce flavour, but I am willing to sacrifice that just to get some nic into my system fast. Looking to go 70VG/30PG, but again not critical as I realise I have a lot of learning and experimenting to do.

My list of flavours are as follows:

Capella
  • French Vanilla
  • Vanilla Custard v1
TFA
  • Bavarian Cream
  • Brown Sugar
  • Caramel Original
  • Coffee
  • Double Chocolate Clear
  • Dulce De Leche Caramel
  • French Vanilla
  • Hazelnut [DX]
  • Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
  • Marshmallow [DX]
  • Orange Cream
  • Red Licorice
Flavor West
  • Biscotti
Jungle Flavors
  • Espresso
Many thanks folks, much appreciated.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
RY4D takes a while to steep. I really dont consider it a tobacco as much as a caramel but it goes good with creams and nut flavors. Almost everything you listed takes a while to steep. You can try some of the speed steep methods like hot water bath, crockpot and so on. Personally I dont think you gain more than a few days with any of them. There is no substitute for time but it might get you by till some has time to steep.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Try the TFA orange cream 4%. The orange will be weak but the creams will be okay, vapable in 3 days. Since you still smoke I'd actually start at 5%. Some go as high as 7%. For me not a stand alone but the tester I did was okay enough to vape.

TFA Dulce de leche 2%
Cap french vanilla 1.5%
TFA hazelnut dx 2%
This mix should be okay within a week, again good enough to vape but not ideal.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Generally the best shake and vape recipes are fruits which you seem to be short on

I'm more attracted to French cigarette / vanilla / coffee / espresso flavours, I've not tried any fruits yet - have been put off a bit by some of the aromas - hence them being missing in action. I will probably add them to my collection in the future, as I think in small quantities they would add a great contrast to the more earthy tobacco. The orange cream was a starter in that direction.

Now if any knows of a garlic and red wine flavoured vape combination, my grandmother is for sale ...

• Winner
Reactions: Letitia

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm more attracted to French cigarette / vanilla / coffee / espresso flavours, I've not tried any fruits yet - have been put off a bit by some of the aromas - hence them being missing in action. I will probably add them to my collection in the future, as I think in small quantities they would add a great contrast to the more earthy tobacco. The orange cream was a starter in that direction.

Now if any knows of a garlic and red wine flavoured vape combination, my grandmother is for sale ...
There are red wine flavors. Garlic is hard because it’s an oil

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You can use one of these to mix the juice and speed up steeping. They fit into most bottles.

This one fits in bottles with larger openings, like 60ml glass.
https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-B...8&qid=1536413246&sr=8-1&keywords=badger+mixer

This one has an attachment (the straight skinny one) that fits into 60ml HDPE and other bottles with small openings. Once in the bottle it expands when you hit the mix switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Cordl...&qid=1536413385&sr=8-3&keywords=battery+mixer

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Garlic really? Is this for blind dates or something I don't even....

I think @Letitia is right on the orange cream. Keep in mind you are looking for something to kind of "get you by" not really your "ideal DIY mix" right now. Start steeping some mixes that look more appealing to you as well, and that way you'll already be working on steeping your "ideal" mixes.

IDK if you have any sweetener or additives, but most sweeteners are shake and vape, so if you do you may be able to bump up "flavor" with a bit of sweetness (if you think it needs it) although it's just not the ideal scenario etc., but you can.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm running real low on my commercial ejuice
It's kind of difficult to start out DIY'g when you are still trying out new equipment and establishing your taste favorites. One shot flavors are starting to gain momentum for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. One shot flavors (OS/Flavor Blends) are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (at least one/two/all of the three). One shot mixing is supposed to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes may allow some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of the mix. OS Mixing can be a good introductory to DIY. One shots and flavor blends are simply added per directions to the mixer's desired mixing base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep as directed. It is easy to get turned off DIY when the first dozen mixes don't measure up to your expectations.
Could check out in your neck of the woods:
AROMAER - ESSENCER - SMAGE
The Chosen Few EU - Europe's one-stop flavour shop!
After a few months when you have found your best settings, might ask the same question again.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
If all else fails just vape unflavored until some of your mixes age. Lots of members vape just that for one reason or another. Just mix your base nic in pg/vg to desired mg and vape away. I see you prefer vg a little over pg which should give off a slightly sweet taste when vaped.

Good luck.

:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You can use one of these to mix the juice and speed up steeping. They fit into most bottles.

This one fits in bottles with larger openings, like 60ml glass.
https://www.amazon.com/Badger-Air-B...8&qid=1536413246&sr=8-1&keywords=badger+mixer

This one has an attachment (the straight skinny one) that fits into 60ml HDPE and other bottles with small openings. Once in the bottle it expands when you hit the mix switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Cordl...&qid=1536413385&sr=8-3&keywords=battery+mixer
I have and love both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread