Any thoughts on these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
I`ve been looking for the APC battery pack to use with a 901 passthough but every site I`ve seen is asking silly money , bear in mind I`m in the UK. I`ve seen a couple of posts on the Battech, but just seen this from dealexteme
DealExtreme: $18.44 6-in-1 10000mAh Portable Power Battery Pack (NDS Lite/NDS/PSP/Cell Phones/MP3/MP4)
Just wondered if anyone has tried it out. I don`t know much about batts and the 10000mAh seems a bit optimistic as judging by reviews it`s sticking out about 2000mAh. What`s the life expectancy on an atomiser using one of these? I know they`re disposable but if I`m only gonna get 10 minutes of vaping heaven I`m open to other suggestions.

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
I could be wrong but I presume it will be fine. A 901 atomiser is reported to pull around or just over 1 amp so the supply would need to be a minimum of 1000mah. If this pack is rated at 2000mah then in theory it would power your 901 for twice the duration that a 1000mah pack would.

I'm pretty sure the extra capacity wouldn't cause any harm, your not doubling the voltage.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong here. I don't want to be yelled at for frying vapers atomisers :p

Yes...

mA != mAh

They are completely different.

mA refers to the output current req'd to power an e-cig, whereas mAh is the storage capacity of a battery.

You can vape an e-cig on 1000mA and 10 mAh, it just won't last very many puffs.

You can't vape an e-cig at all on 10mA and 1000 mAh - because it won't deliver enough power to heat up the coil.

As for these shameless 10,000 mAh claims some manufacturers/sellers make - 100% complete rubbish if the battery is roughly the same size as another brand rated @ only 2000 mAh.

There's an energy density limit with lithium polymer technology, and all manufacturers are at roughly the same level.

I clicked the link above for this particular brand and had myself a good laugh. They are absolutely shameless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread